“Good Food, Great Spa”

Millennium Resort Mussanah
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Al Mussanah
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The food was very good especially the asian buffet on Thursday night. I have to give them top marks for their spa, the design and facilities within it are great along to the masseuses who were great. Its one of the very few places in Oman where couples can get a massage at the same time within the same room.

The infinity swimming pool is very nice and the water temperature was great in this heat. They should though clean the plants next to it as there were several things there lying and disturbing the view.

This place is ok for couples but the resort is catered for families with kids I guess. It was a bit annoying and frustrating because there were a lot of families with their kids screaming and shouting along to constantly jumping in the pool. I couldnt stand it so I had to leave the pool early by 11 am. After that there was pretty much nothing to do in this heat. All the sports and other activities which they have are outdoor thus only suitable when the weather is nice.

I would not come back here again as a couple. Rather if i come back it will be with a group of friends when the weather is nice so as we can enjoy the various outdoor activities they have.

The room is ok but for some reason the tv kept switching off on its own every few mins at one point of time. Also their phone screens suddenly illuminated at 2am in the morning time which was annoyig as it caused me to wake up. They should also put some metal handles by the wall while entering the bath tub to support people from slipping.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mill-mussanah, Front Office Manager at Millennium Resort Mussanah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Mr. Ghassan M

Thank You for your posting your review. We are happy to know that we were able to meet your expectations. Your feedback is important to improve and provide better service to our guest hence I have forwarded all your comments to the concerned head department for review.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need my personal assistance with your next booking.

Ayman.mohamed@millenniumhotels.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

It's not really worth mentioning the experience here - was in temp assignment - with the job, but in an effort to calibrate my previous experiences I will review.
The Millenium hotel,here is probably the highest building in the area, as a lot of that part of Oman is not developed, so it's not difficult to find if you check the skyline.
The standard of the accomodation is second to none, dedicated full on desk with chair for the admin bits and pieces, 42 inch tv in pretty much the normal position. A full accessible and useable private balcony over looking the sea and seafront. An in room fridge fir cold drinks ( alcohol can be bought from the bar but equates to 7£ a pint- remember Muslim country - not normally allowed)
The bathroom and shower and toilet - all of a high standard ( no wet floor facilities??!!) The restaraunt standard was magnificent, full on ranges everything wAs to an extremely high standard - one of the chefs took a shine to me and insisted I try a couple of his latest dishes when I went down to dinner( I'd try to beat the crowd) became a bit embarrassing after a while as I wasn't really an exhibitionists. On site bars were good, patio seating was excellent - nothing really could be faulted.
This IS the standard other hotels should follow, the building was done 'properly' and not like some of the spanishy resort hotels you might find - either falling down or not finished very well.
This hotel, although I didn't see any insignia ( lot in Arabic) very probably was five star plus!
Would I go again - most definitely if invited or sponsored!.
Could I afford it - probably not lol

Room Tip: You can sometimes get one of their apartments in lieu of a room if more than one of you, which in th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear sparkle032

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Millennium Resort Mussanah. I am very pleased to read your feedback that expressed your full satisfaction over your experience of staying with us.
We are happy to know that we were and have been able to meet your expectations so we look forward to welcoming you back to Millennium Resort Mussanah in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

friendly staff, mostly clean rooms and a good starting point for divers. facilities are rather poorly maintained...first aid kids are not stocked (as i had to find out the hard way). food is overpriced and quality-wise only average. didn't live up to my expectations. If you're not headed for a dive, there's basically nothing you can do.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Serendipiti,

Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay in Millennium Resort Mussanah. I delighted to review your comment, Rest assured that we have taken your comments constructively and will use them to provide better guest experience. Please allow me to highlight the facilities you can enjoy inside the hotel such as tennis court, mini golf, water sport activities, diving center, Dhow cruise and spa treatment.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My family and I went to stay here sometime in 2012. The front desk staff at that time were so unhelpful and uninformed (they couldn't even process our booking) that we promptly left. Fast forward to now and what a difference. The demeanour of all staff appears positive and engaging. Each member of staff we encountered during our stay was friendly, knowledgable about the Hotel's facilities, prices and made us feel extremely welcome. Check in and checkout was expedited quickly and pleasantly.

Upon meeting the Manager, it is clear to see why the change. A visible presence throughout our stay, he welcomed us and other guests easily, remembering everyone's names which personally I always think is such a well mannered thing to do. On discovering we were celebrating a special occasion, he arranged drinks for us to have a toast & delivered a beautiful cake with macaroons with a lovely message of congratulations.

One of the restaurant staff overheard my little one asking why there was no muffins at the lunchtime buffet (breakfast only), she promptly went to the kitchen and brought him a selection back. A small gesture but extremely kind nonetheless. The food we had was well prepared by competent and friendly chefs. We had steak in the evening, which was cooked to perfection, the little ones ordered from the room service menu and were also impressed.

The facilities speak for themselves, a truly idyllic location, very clean. The pools are beautiful and great for kids and adults alike. The rooms are spacious, beds super comfy and a we had a lovely big deep bath in our bathroom. We had a great time and we would definitely go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lady G

Dear Muscat Resident,

Thank you for posting your review, I am delighted to know that you had pleasant and comfortable stay with us , we are really appreciate your comment regarding the improvement you have noticed of the staff performance and attitude , we are looking welcoming you as soon as possible.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just had a weekend away at Millennium Resort and had a fantastic time. The staff were so helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble they made us feel very welcome. There is so much to do if that is what you are wanting or you can just relax by the pool. The rooms are to a very high standard and very spacious. I would highly recommend this hotel and i will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David W
Mill-mussanah, Front Office Manager at Millennium Resort Mussanah, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Mr. David W,

Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay with Millennium Resort Mussanah, we are very happy to know that we had met your guest expectation and needs as our first priority to ensure our guests are happy and satisfied with our services. We are thankful for your recommendation and for showing your interest of staying with us again.

Front Office Manager,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

had a good stay last weekend. pleasant improvement from my last stay where my only request was that staff can afford a smile. however, this time, we were a large family, hence booked 3 executive rooms. Fridge was hotter than the climate outside (its peak summer here in Oman). Bucket of ice is charged. Bottle opener if requested from room service has to be returned within 10 minutes.
Trust the management especially Mr. Maurice de Rooij, GM, will read this post ad make necessary arrangements.

Room Tip: Be ready to bring your cool box and bottle opener!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MRMMUSSANAH, General Manager at Millennium Resort Mussanah, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Mr. Sam A

Thank you for your comment. Rest assured I have been reading it and we have ordered Millennium branded openers as guest giveaways.

Our front office manager has also been in touch with you already.

Contact me for your next visit at maurice.derooij@millenniumhotels.com

Best Regards,
Maurice De Rooij

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I enjoyed my weekend break here. The room was comfortable and the pool and beach were nice to relax after I finished my meetings.
Had a late lunch by the pool and dinner in the restaurant - the food was good on both occasions.
Overall, this makes good weekend break destination from Dubai. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Mr. Martin K,

Thank you for posting your feedback regarding your recent stay in Millennium Resort Mussanah. I am delighted to note that you had a relaxing stay with us. we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our resort.

Front Office Manager,

0 mi away
Crystal Suites
Crystal Suites
#37 of 63 in Muscat

Been to Millennium Resort Mussanah? Share your experiences!