“Exceptional value for a bed and breakfast”

Markham Vale Guest Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Duckmanton
Markham Vale Guest Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Duckmanton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed one night when I was delivering a training event locally. I chose this b&b after reading the reviews and because it was very convenient for Chesterfield. Mike came out to greet me at the car, as I was parking and carried my overnight bag for me. He explained how everything worked and upgraded me to a lovely big room, given it was a quieter week than usual.

You can go to the website to look at the rates and it becomes clear that this b&b offers excellent value, particularly as it includes a cooked breakfast. A reduction for single occupancy was also available when I stayed. The main building was built in 1880 and is lovely. Mike and Jo take pride in their establishment and do everything they can for their guests. I am hoping to work again in Chesterfield and will certainly return to the lodge.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank nanniebren

Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed at this guest house for a long weekend at the end of January 2012. As expected the weather was cold, but the welcome from the owners Mike and Jo was very warm.
The room was extremely comfortable and beautifully decorated and the breakfast was the largest and the best one that we have had at a guest house.
It was situated in a good location and we would definately go again if in the area.
Thanks to Mike and Jo.
Pam & Billy

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank birdsey_billy
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Just come back had a wonderful time in Bolsover Once again Mike and his wife where superb hosts. Who couldn'd do enough for you Thanks
It is easy to find off the M1 but don’t be fooled you cannot hear or see the motorway. It isconvenient for all the attractions around the Chesterfield area. Will definitely be going there again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank iandartford13
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My partner, his mother and my son stayed here in December for 2 nights to attend an event in Chesterfield so it was close and convenient. It has to be one of the nicest B&Bs we've stayed at in recent years for its friendliness, cleanliness, and ameneties. Mike and his wife couldn't have been better hosts and after two nights we felt like we were staying with family. We really couldn't fault it at all and will certainly return. I wish other hostelries were as good!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2011

Stayed here for two nights with wife & two kids in the four-person family room. It's in an unlikely setting (just off the M1 near a coalfield regeneration area) but don't let that put you off! The warmth of the welcome from Mike, the proprietor, was amazing - he went out of his way to make us feel at home, and the room was spacious and comfortable. It was the kind of place that looked and felt respectable and if it is a success as a business for Mike then that makes it even better! Breakfast was plentiful and served at whenever was convenient (within reason), and Mike would have had no problem in our bringing takeaways back and helping ourselves to the kitchen facilities should we have wanted. Despite the proximity of the motorway, noise was not a problem, and we were centrally located for easy access to Sheffield, Bolsover, Chesterfield and the Peak District.

If we are planning another visit to the area, this will be our first port of call.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My parents and I stayed here for one night and sadly we didn't have enough time to spend and truly enjoy this wonderful B&B. The decor is beautiful, the rooms are equipped with everything you could need, the owner, Mike explains everything so you truly feel welcomed and at home. Overall a very accommodating and lovely place to spend the night and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

From the location we expected a certain amount of noise from the motorway, we country dwellers slept soundly with the window open, there was nothing to complain about. Mike was welcoming and helpful when we arrived the room very clean and well appointed he booked us a table at a nearby restaurant for the night, and in the morning served an excellent breakfast. What more can you ask for? Yes its modestly priced too!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Relaxationjunkie

Been to Markham Vale Guest Lodge? Share your experiences!