“fantastic!!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Old Tupton B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“fantastic!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Just got back from a 1 night stay at this fantastic hotel with my 18 year old daughter.we had a wonderfull time.The staff were lovely,very helpful and so friendly.The room was spotless and spacious with nice comfy beds!
Food was delicious.Best roast dinner I have tasted anywere.compliments to the chef!!
Ideal place to stay for visiting the Peak District.
It brilliant....cant wait to come back!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2013

Visited Batemans Mill on Saturday with my wife and dad for lunch. What a great place, the staff are so friendly and the food is fantastic with a wide choice from the bar menu and more than large enough portions (I can certainly recommend the fish and chips).

The hotel is perfectly located on the edge of the peak district and is a short distance from Chesterfield, I only wished I lived further away in order I could drive here and stay for the weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shane K
Chorley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stayed at the Batemans Mill hotel for a weekend at the end of July 2013.
The room was clean and well presented, the food was wonderful and plentyful.
The staff were so polite, curteous, and attentive, one of the girls prepared a decorated table for our evening meal after finding out that it was our wedding aniversary.
The bed was so comfortable, and a strange twist,,,,,,, the toilet seat was like an armchair, ( I could have sat there for ages) lol
please let me know where you got it from!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overall I cannot praise our stay high enough, it was superb value for money, it wasn't posh, just comfortable and clean, the entertainment on suday evening was quality.

In the words of Mr schwartzenagger... I will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Good little find had an early morning meeting planned in nearby chesterfield so travelled up mid afternoon was later arriving than expected due to heavy traffic but this was not a problem to the staff who made me welcome.
Ate in the bar area which was busy a good sign I`d hoped ! Yes this was the case food and drink was excellent very generous portions after a good nights sleep I munched through a great breakfast no need for food till later that evening!
Very good place nice rustic charm good food and ale no good if on a diet !!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Desborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We chose this hotel after finding it on Trip Advisor. It was central to where we needed to be which was Abraham Heights and Chatsworth House.
There is plenty of parking spaces when you arrive. Its a real cosy little place with a lovely bar, lounge area with comfy seating. There is an outdoor courtyard area with lots of seating. The restaurant is upstairs and is small and cosy. We had evening meal and breakfast here. Arriving on a Sunday they only serve food until 7 pm so bear this in mind. Luckily we arrived in time for an evening meal, and being a Sunday we had the traditional Sunday dinner which was excellent, and they offered a two or three course meal deal. Breakfast consists of a traditional Derbyshire breakfast if wanted. All meat and vegetables are locally sourced and the milk comes from the farm next door! You can't get much fresher than that. They serve a good choice of beers, wines and ciders too.
The service from start to finish was excellent too.
We had an executive room which had a four poster, a chaise, dressing table, large wardrobe (closet), tv and tea and coffee making facilities. The en-suite was clean and included toiletries too. Plenty of clean towels were available. I loved the room! We made friends with a couple who had a standard double and they were very pleased with their room too. Rooms also have telephone, internet connection, alarm clock. Ours had a trouser press. You can order room service, early wake up calls and daily papers too. All room views are overlooking the car park.
There is a conference room which is suitable for weddings and they can offer buffets too.
Whilst we were there they had musical entertainment in the form of a local acoustic guitarist who was excellent.
The hotel is a former corn mill and has been really well restored. If you want a hotel with character, good service and excellent food then this one's for you.
My only criticism if I can find one, is that it was very hot in the hotel and there was no air conditioning, so it would be nice if the rooms could be supplied with a fan.

Room Tip: The executive rooms are a lot bigger.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
northumberland
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Not a bad distance from Chesterfield ( £9.00 by taxi ) a small rural hotel in a reasonable location.
If you've stayed in small rural hotels in the summer before then you can probably guess what this place is like. It has a nice reception and enough parking. The bar area is also nice and serves reasonable food. The family room we stayed in doubled as the disabled room. It had a fire for extra warmth in the winter but no fan etc to cope with summer weather, despite the one window in the bedroom only opening a couple of inches. The staff tended to be fine although I had to insist to the lass on reception 3 times that the internet access code was not in the guest information booklet before she believed me and invited me to come to reception to get it. Strangely she seemed much more friendly when waiting on our table later on. As I kind of expect from small rural hotels there were some rough around the edges bits with decor etc. Not least the mechanism of the sliding door on the bathroom which did not stop it at the frame when closing and consequently jammed the wife's fingers. Creepy crawly's also were to be expected I suppose. We had a beetle crossing the floor, a dead mosquito in the glasses tray in the bathroom when we arrived and a spider with it's web in the corner over the bath. Overall the grounds and other public areas were pleasant but the room was a bit ropey and stuffy so not the best nights sleep. I would stay here again but would probably look around for other alternatives first.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jbcfc
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Stayed here on a business trip July 2013 and the hotel was very nice and friendly. The staff were excellent as well. The food was superb and my only criticism was the bed was very soft and great for my dodgy back.

All in all though a most enjoyable experience and I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
#8 of 15 in Chesterfield
Buckingham's Hotel
Buckingham's Hotel
#14 of 15 in Chesterfield

Been to Batemans Mill Hotel? Share your experiences!