All reviews the owner maple ki shiatsu massage private lake spa treatments mother apple mary canoeing magazine julianna forest yoga summer amenities vegetarian vitality
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I visited Maple Ki for the first time in August 2012 and stayed for three nights. I needed a place to just shut down my brain and relax my body. Booking my stay at Maple Ki was so easy. The accommodations are fantastic and very comfortable. The property is large with many hiking trails, a beautiful lake to explore and various spots to just sit, read and take in the serenity that surrounds you.

The vegetarian meals are absolutely fantastic.

They offer spa treatments and morning Yoga (in a beautiful studio or outside by the water if the weather permits)

I recommend to anyone looking to decompress, relax, and get away from the city to visit Maple Ki and rest assured that Julianna and Mary will welcome you with a warm heart and open arms.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Angele R
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I visited Maple Ki in August for three nights. I went there to get a break from the city, relax, eat well, do some yoga, and enjoy nature. I did all of that and so much more. First of all, the hosts Julianna and her mom, are some of the most incredible people I have ever met. They will do everything possible to make sure you enjoy your stay. The property and the house are gorgeous and in great condition. The almost private lake is a gem, and you can go swimming, canoeing, paddle boating, and visit the nearby rapids, or hiking on the trails.

I can't even describe Julianna's cooking, but let's just say it is some of the best food I have ever eaten and it was such a pleasure having meals in the dining room with the other guests. Julianna is also a fantastic yoga teacher, and does wonderful treatments (try to the shiatsu or reflexology).

I just can't say enough good things about this place, and can't wait to return.

1  Thank Mou M
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We are really glad to have met you and to have visited your little oasis hidden in the Maple forests of our great province.

Thanks for creating the walking trails around the property. It allowed us to fully appreciate the beauty and serenity of the forest.

Service was superb from the food to the massages to the Yoga classes to the final musical performance. You have a beautiful voice. Glad to have met your mother too.

Hope to be back as soon as time allows.

Namaste, Katia & Carlos

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Wow! I can’t say enough about the joys of Maple Ki and of Julianna and her mom, Mary – 2 of life’s treasures. I have been visiting yearly since 2002 – sometimes more than once a year. This year I visited in February – my first winter visit – and August.
Anyone who knows me knows how much I love Maple Ki. That lake – the water is like silk on your skin, pristine and alive. One of my favourite things is taking the kayak up the river to the incoming rapids at first light – it is magical – especially when I reach what Julianna has dubbed the Enchanted Forest!
And then, there’s the food!! Every meal is a culinary delight. Julianna is constantly surprising me with her creativity and she is always happy to share ideas and her extensive knowledge of food and nutrition.
My only complaint about Maple Ki is that it is not around the corner from me and I can’t visit at the drop of a hat!! I wish I could go more often in person and not just in my imagination!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was my fourth visit to Maple Ki, with hopefully many more in the near and distant future. Although it may feel far to Toronto-ites, the distance is a bridge between the frentic energy of the city and the peace and tranquility of Julianna and Mary's sanctuary. The vegetarian cuisine is delicious and motivating, the company always interesting and diverse, and the property full of adventure and bliss. Julianna's fried oatmeal is exquisite, and don't leave without getting a treatment (reflexology is my favourite). Even the frogs and fish inspire. Each time I am there I bring a grounding message back wtih me - I am so thankful to have discovered it. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends