“Amazingly knowledgable, charming and fun”

Amazon River Cruise Gil Serique - Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer special tours in the Amazon Region with focus on Wildlife observation, Environmental issues and History. We also provide support to film makers and writers.
Reviewed 18 April 2017

Gil is hands down the best guide I've ever had. Born in the area, he is extraordinarily engaging and knowledgeable. He remains a good friend despite the distance between us

GilSerique, Owner at Amazon River Cruise Gil Serique - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Thank you unknown buddy! Hope seeing you again. I wonder who you are.

All reviews
"fish market"
"bird life"
"toed sloth"

Reviewed 14 April 2017

Having grown up in what is now the National Forest and with 35 years as a tour guide, Gil Serique offers a tour that is totally authentic and quite different from any other. We saw three-toed sloths (ought to be called three-clawed), pink dolphins, too many birds to count, iguanas, giant Brazil nut trees, rubber trees, and so much more. We also caught piranas and were treated to fresh Brazil and cashew nuts, tasty fish snacks, fresh lemonade, caipirinhas (a unique Brazilian drink), and even nice cold local beer. What a fantastic tour led by one of the most knowledgeable and certainly the highest-energy guides in the world!

GilSerique, Owner at Amazon River Cruise Gil Serique - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Thank you indeed for the great time and now your words. It was an honour meeting you.

I wish you all the best and great travels!!!

Cheers

Gil Serique

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Gil Serique's Floodplains Exploration was the highlight of our Crystal cruise on the Amazon--in no way comparable to the superficial excursions offered by cruise lines. Gil was born in the area and has an in-depth knowledge of not only the flora and fauna but the history, politics, people and culture of that part of the Amazon. As other reviewers have mentioned, we saw most of the birds and animals pictured in his colorful guidebook, including pink dolphins, sloths, toucans, and the prehistoric Hoatzin. There were only 13 of us on a big river boat, so we had plenty of room and lots of time to chat with Gil when he wasn't delivering his commentary. He occasionally mentions celebrities and other famous people he has guided through his favorite places, but I am confident that those celebrities receive no more attentive treatment than we did. If I had the ear of the right officials in Brazil, I would tell them to make Gil Serique a National Treasure. Do not miss this tour!

1  Thank Betsy A
GilSerique, Owner at Amazon River Cruise Gil Serique - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2017

I am so delighted to read your review. I promise you I shall do better and better and honour your words!

I shall have a few caipirinhas after you right now like the ones we had during our trip!!

GS

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I was fortunate to spend an afternoon and early evening with Gil sailing down the Tapajos River visiting his favourite places. We did see sloths, toucans and lots of different types of birds. The scenery was beautiful and we were the only ones there. He is enthusiastic about the Amazon and wants to share his extensive knowledge with you. During the tour we were served fish snacks, juicy pineapple, cheese, brazil nuts and I mustn't forget the delicious caipirinhas. We even climbed into a small boat and rowed thru the jungle as it was the rainy season and the area was flooded. If you book a tour with Gil you will have an amazing time. Thanks Gil for the wonderful memories.

GilSerique, Owner at Amazon River Cruise Gil Serique - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

What a great day! Thank you so much for your time to write this review, It will certainly an amazing tour. You make me keep doing whatever I can to make cruisers as happy as they deserve to and beyond.

Cheers

GS

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2017

I booked this tour with Gil Serique@gmail.com prior to leaving on our cruise to So. America.
Gil is energetic and so knowledgeable about the Amazon. He truly loves this place! He has eagle eyes and his boat crew is amazing. We were lucky to have a small group on board so we received extra special attention. The food (fish snack, cheese, fresh pineapple and fresh brazilian nuts)and drinks were great!
We saw sloths, toucans, numerous birds and just beautiful scenery. Took a small boat into the jungle of the amazon - was a bit nervous as my husband began bailing the water out of the boat.
Thank you Gil for an amazing day! PS...your daughter Flora will remain in our heart!

GilSerique, Owner at Amazon River Cruise Gil Serique - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Thank you so much for your review!!! I was glad Flora could come with us. She visited Seabourn last week. All the best

Gil Serique