“Delightful stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wickham Market
Chequers Bed & Breakfast
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
“Delightful stay”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed in the garden cottage, although small, it was lovely and clean and despite the building work going on outside, really cosy and peaceful. Jan made every effort to make me feel welcome and even made a take away breakfast for me on the day I had to leave as it was too early for breakfast. Lots of DVDs to choose from, I watched some as I was doing a course during the day and was simply too tired to go out in the evening, but the cottage is in a lovely location, walkable distance to centre of town. I would stay here again, if I do another course in the area.

Room Tip: The garden room is lovely, but I would recommend one of the other rooms if more than one person or s...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank annelize l
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Hello Annelize,
Many thanks for your kind review of your stay here at Chequers. Im delighted to see that you would stay here again in the event that you have another course in this area.
Kind regards
Jan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Having never stayed in a bed and breakfast before it was with great reluctance that I chose Chequers. I should never have worried - Chequers is as good as any five star hotel. The room was extremely inviting, cosy and exceptionally clean. I loved the little touches of the towelling robes, the shampoo, etc. Being able to make your own tea/coffee with a biscuit was a bonus. As far as the breakfast goes - just don't bank on having any room left for lunch. Jan was a wonderful host and nothing was too much trouble. I will definitely stay there whenever I visit that part of the world. it is also so convenient to be able to park your car off the road and next to your room. The garden room is a definite must.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank gaye r
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Chequers.
Im so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and delighted that you will be returning for future visits. My aim is that each of my guests leave feeling refreshed, rested and wanting to return.
Thank you again.
Best wishes
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night in December. The Chequers is well located close to the coastal tows Orford and Aldeborough.
Tucked away behind the main house
in its own garden area, the room is peaceful and very comfortable with plenty of space and easily ajustable heating. Breakfast was wonderful, two courses and fresh coffee. We thoroughly enjoyed everything about our stay and would recommend it very highly.

• Stayed December 2013
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you very much for your glowing review of your recent stay here with us. Im delighted that you enjoyed it so much. I strive to give my guests a relaxing and pleasurable stay and its great when my efforts are recognised. I sincerely hope that we see you for another visit in 2014.
Kind regards
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Jan & Ray were fantastic hosts..They really had thought of everything & could not have done anymore to make our stay at chequers anymore comfortable & relaxing. I particularly loved that on the second day we arrived to find our wine in a cooler & wine glasses as well as two little dishes for the snacks we had brought along which had obviously been noted-it's the personal touches like this, that really make the difference. The breakfast was amazing! And we certainly did not need anything more until supper time! & the big freestanding bath..just to die for! I've started saving for one at home. Thankyou for a truly wonderful stay..I could not recommend this lovely little haven more highly :)

• Stayed November 2013
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review of your stay here at Chequers. I'm delighted that you had such an enjoyable time and everything was to your liking. It was a pleasure having you stay and I hope to see you both on a return visit.

Kind regards,

Heiloo, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We've had the pleasure of staying at Chequers twice now and provided the local event we visit takes place again next year, I will be sure to return here. On our first visit we had the hayloft and on our second visit we stayed in the coach house. I wouldn't be able to tell you which room is better. In our case the coach house was the best option, as that comes with a very comfortable sofabed, but both rooms are absolutely fantastic. Service wise i can continue on the same beat, Janice is the best host you could wish for and will cook up a delicious, big breakfast for people with a big appetite, serve simple cereal for people with a small appetite and provide you with fresh fruit as well. Janice will go above and beyond the call of duty to make your stay a pleasant one. Have a hangover? Janice will sort you out. Best B&B we've ever been to.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Thank you so much for your glowing review. I loved having you both back for another stay and hope to see you again next year.........fingers crossed your event takes place again. Its always a pleasure looking after you. Im delighted your second here visit was as good as your first.
Kind regards and thank you again
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Chequers 3 times now and absolutely love it! Janice and Ray are friendly and hospitable hosts who provide first class service. We have had the pleasure of staying in the Hayloft twice and the Coach House once; and both rooms are fantastic! If I was to choose a preference it would be the Hayloft as I absolutely love the decor and free standing bath!

The breakfast is delicious made with quality ingredients. I have had the full English and scrambled eggs with salmon which was beautiful and so fresh! The fruit salad is also incredible!

Chequers has a warm and relaxing feel about it where you can leave behind the hustle and bustle of London and enjoy the beautiful countryside lifestyle.

We enjoyed going into Woodbridge and dined out a few nights. The crown restaurant in particular is superb!

We will 100% be back to Chequers! It is the best B&B we have had the pleasure of staying in!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Having just read your review can I take this opportunity to say Im delighted that you enjoy your visits here at Chequers. I strive to make everyones stay here a relaxing and enjoyable one. Your review reassures me that Im "on the right track".
Thankyou again
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

This is by far the best bed and breakfast in Suffolk! The accommodation is excellent, the breakfast superb (my son always raves about the fruit salad, as do we all!) and the service is fantastic! Let me give you an example of amazing service. My six year old daughter lost her favourite doll whilst staying here and she was devastated. We asked Jan the proprietor, to let us know if she found it. Well, Jan did not only inform us, she immediately posted the doll to London, leaving me with one very, very happy child!
This really is a special bed and breakfast, it is a peaceful warm and happy place and exudes kindness. An oasis. I thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed June 2013
Janice C, Owner at Chequers Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Im delighted your daughter was reunited with her favourite dolly. Im also absolutely delighted that you and your family enjoy your stays here at Chequers. Thank you so very much for your kind words and review.
I look forward to your next visit.
Best wishes
#4 of 22 in Woodbridge
Grove House Hotel
Grove House Hotel
#5 of 22 in Woodbridge

Been to Chequers Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!