“Superb”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fotlandsvag
Trondheim
“Superb”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Spent a night here during a business trip to Bergen. I was amazed by the kindness and hospitality the hosts showed. We arrived a bit late but they didn't mind and made a meal for us even though food serving was closed in the afternoon.

I highly recommend the pay this place a visit. Beauteful nature surrounds the place as well, so for tourists this is a perl.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Paal_Kri
wwwaworldofhotelscom, Manager at Fjordslottet Hotell, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Hi.

Thank you so much for your review.
We are so glad you enjoyed the stay at the hotel, and we do hope we can welcome you again at another time. We are almost blussing by the fantastic review.

Managment at Fjordslottet Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Vicenza, Veneto, Italy
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We are a company which instaleld a machinery in Tyssebotnen among last and this year.
We had people and myseld staying long in this hotel, which i would higly recommend to all visitors.
Managers are really ok and if can can suggest, ask them to prepare a dinner for you.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hi Giovanni.

Thank you so much for your review.
We are so glad you enjoyed the stay at the hotel, and you are as always more than welcome! Your stays at the hotel is always pleasant!

Looking forward to see you again!

Managment at Fjordslottet Hotel
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I managed to come to Bergen on a day when every room in the city was taken. A helpful fellow at the tourist bureau referred me to Fjordslottet Hotell and booked the last available room for me. After a one-hour ride that included a ferry crossing, the bus let me out right in front of the hotel. My room in the adjacent annex had a country feeling that seemed so appropriate with this rural area. Nice furnishings. Good bath. I went back to the main house for a stronger wifi connection and to enjoy the numerous public sitting rooms. The quiet conversations of the other guests, the attractive rooms and the complimentary tea made for a memorable evening. I had an excellent night's sleep in a very comfortable bed and enjoyed the morning sun from my room's balcony. After a very good breakfast that included salmon, I caught the bus back to Bergen to see the sights. It was the second time on this trip that I had stayed at a former manor house. I had a very comfortable and peaceful stay at this friendly and attractive hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Trondheim, Norway
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Stayed here during a conference with work.
The hotel is historical, but at the same time pretty well kept.

The staff was very nice and polite. The hosts and owners where there all the time and told stories about the history of the hotel. A really nice touch to make it personal.
The food is amazing, and really good!
The gardens were really nice, and also it was very nice to stay at a hotel were they are in to giving the guest peace and quite. The was nice areas for walking close by, and also we had some great activities in the afternoon.

Balcony at the room was also good for peace and quite.
If you expect a city hotel, this is not the hotel for you.
But if you want a Norwegian hotel with charm and natur close to you, this is the place.

And, it was very close to Bergen, which was a great asset!

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony and river view..
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Norway, Around the Capitol
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Nothing special about it. Everything was ok, but nothing more.
A bit unexperienced personel

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Goalerhill
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Staff (saw only one person the entire stay, and just two other guests) tried her best, but if the product you're selling ain't nice, there's only so much you can do... :-( To start off positively: bed linnen was fresh. Breakfast in the main building is okay, although no hot breakfast options. The fresh bread was extremely nice. So far the good news.

This place did not meet our expectations at all. The standard double room we booked is nothing like the pictures. The pictures refer to the 'historic rooms' apparently. We stayed in a wooden white washed 'shed' next to the main building. Outside everything looked scruffy (no maintenance), inside it felt like an eerie backpackers room in a boatshed with linoleum on the floor, a dirty couch, an old grandma-bed (with fresh bed linnen though, I'll give them that), but also a dirty handkerchief (!) on the top of the closet. No TV. Bathroom was very simple. Can't believe they use this 2-star (at the most) hotel for honeymooners as well. We were v. glad to leave this place the next day. This 'hotel' is no value for your good money.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Esther_NL_Utrecht
wwwaworldofhotelscom, Owner at Fjordslottet Hotell, responded to this review, 2 July 2010
Thank you for your respons to your stay, and thank you for your constructive critism.
First of all I am so sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your standard.

I'll try to comment all of your points, and hopefully that will explain some of your dissatisfaction:
1. I am glad to hear that staff did a good job. Of course with only a few guest that day, we could only have one working. And as long as she did her job I am happy.
2. On the breakfast we always serve boiled eggs, and they are of course warm as well. The breakfast buffet consist of the total of 16 kind of different things to have on the bread, and the 4 kind of bread are made fresh every morning. There are also 2 kinds of cerieal, fruit, different drinks and so on. So its bad to hear that you have not been able to find any eggs and so on.
3. The standard double room you had is actually the neighboor room of the room that our pictures are taken. They are indentical, and is just the same as on the picture. So I am sad to see this respons from you, but please, if possible, send me an e-mail directly to the hotel, and let me know how it was different and what we should have done differently. The pictures have no text, since you used www.booking.com. We do have 3 categories of rooms, going from standard (which you had) up to the suite.
We do not have tv in our rooms, and the reason for that is that we wish people should find peace and quite at our hotel, and we want them to use the hotel as an oppurtunity to experience the great Norwegian countryside and beautiful nature. We are also not at all a city hotel, but a hotel close (less than 1 hour) to the city of Bergen, and that reflects the style of the hotel (no tv f.ex.). The hotel is mostly used by conference/weddings/parties and so on, witch use their time in our wonderful restaurant and great historical main building.
All floors are wooden floors, bed and couches are all fairly new (less than 10 years).
4. I am so sorry to hear you find some dirt in the room, and those things shouldn't happen. For that I am so sorry. We have had a internal talk about this, and this should not, and shall not happen.
5. Like mentioned we have lots of weddings, and we have a great suite for the couple, and also great locations for weddings, and with an excellent restaurant. I am sorry you didn't get a chance to experience that, because I think that could have changed your mind :)
6. Sorry to hear that you did not find our maintenance good enough. I would love for you to let me know directly what the problem might be, so we could fix it. Especially since we are making a big effort to maintenances the garden and all our common areas (big maintenance going on now in July).

I am again sorry to hear you weren't pleased with your stay.
Since you are not satisfied, we will of course not charge you for your stay (can not find a record of you paying before you left). But if you did pay, then please let me know, and I of course will personally make sure that you'll get your money back. And hopefully we can give you another complimentary stay at a later time. Maybe we can convince you that we are so much better than this?

Please contact us at the hotel, if there is anything I can do for you.

Christian
Owner / Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fotlandsvag
Vågen
Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Bergen
Sentrum
Scandic Byparken
Scandic Byparken
#16 of 46 in Bergen
Hotell Lune Huler
#1 of 2 in Lindas Municipality

Been to Fjordslottet Hotell? Share your experiences!