“Our holiday at this beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cortijo Los Lobos

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Villanueva del Trabuco
Cortijo Los Lobos
Aachen, Germany
“Our holiday at this beautiful place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

My mum, my aunt, my grandma and I had a wonderful time at this beautiful place. We enjoyed the riding holidays in this fantastic area with goats, olive and pine trees and this awesome mountain views. When we arrived in the cottage El Establo everything was perfectly prepared. June and Clive took so much care for all of our wishes and of course for all of their animals. The horses are so much loved and cared and they behaved very well at any time during the rides. The picknick ride was the highlight at the end of our holiday. As well as the well prepared picknick, Junes dinners were amazing and rich in variety. We also made some trips in the surrounding of Malaga and the surrounding country. Thank you so much for this amazing holiday at your beautiful place!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

What an amazing vacation. My boyfriend and I stayed here in early June, 2014 for one week, full-board with riding each day. This place surpassed all our expectations. It’s difficult to pick out the individual aspects that made this break so amazing, as it was all just so lovely from start to finish.

Our hosts and accommodations were superb, the delicious dinners (cooked by June and Clive) got better each night and the on-site facilities and local areas were just perfect for relaxing into. But the animals really steal the show! Friendly horses, dogs and cats -just to name a few!

On arrival we had a warm welcome from June as she showed us around the cottage and the grounds (both of which look even better in real life than in the pictures). Once we had settled in, naturally, we headed straight for the pool! On our way we had another more furry, four legged welcome in the courtyard from Buster and Peanut the resident dogs, which was much appreciated by two weary Londoners.

From there the week was a delightful mixture of beautiful riding for 2 hours each day, swimming in the pristine pool, sunbathing, exploring the local area (only a little, as we couldn’t really drag ourselves away!) In the evenings, wine at dusk on our balcony, watching the sunset, stars and mountain views, great dinners with our hosts and last but not least- hanging out with the resident animals, who were such a highlight of this trip for us. Peanut is lucky he didn’t find himself in my suitcase at Malaga airport on his way to London!

And of course -the horses. An extremely well looked after, and happy bunch. They live in a natural herd and many are rescue horses. They are such individuals and are a pleasure to be around and ride. My boyfriend had never really ridden before and for me it had been a long time since I had last rode. We both felt perfectly safe and enjoyed every minute…He is now a total addict! Riding is all bit-less and shoeless- a new experience for me, and an experience I would recommend to anyone interested in horses, riding or animals in general.

I would highly recommend Cortijo Los Lobos and we really hope to return to this very special place very soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ulm, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My little sister (10 yrs old) and I spent unforgettable riding holidays here in the Cortijo Los Lobos in the cottage El Granero viejo. We couldn't have wished for anything more during that week: June and Clive are very caring hosts, June's homemade dinners (can be booked additionally) were simply fantastic, the often rescued and so well looked after horses were wonderful to ride, the scenery with the olive fields and pine forests was spectacular and the whole cortijo was built up and is still maintained with so much love that it made us feel in heaven! So many details around here that put a smile on your face - not to forget the dogs and cats that walk around (if you don't like that, June and Clive would keep them away from your cottage). My sister loved to play with them (me too). She also spent a lot of time in the refreshing pool whilst I was enjoying the stunning view onto the surrounding mountains. Besides relaxing in one of the many lovely spots here in the patios of the cortijo, we also went to explore some near-by sights - a lot to discover around here! If you are looking for a special place where there are not too many people around (they have 2 cottages and 1 appartment here), I more than recommend Cortijo Los Lobos to you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lostwithiel, Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I can agree with all of the other reviews - this is a special place. My wife and I were here for a week in El Stablo. We don't ride but used this as a base to do some hiking in El Torcal, Iznajar and Alhama de Granada. (Although it was a bit too hot to walk far!). We also made the day trip to Arqueta, Archidona and of course, Granada.
The countryside around is beautiful and we absolutely loved being able to sit outside and watch the mountains as we sipped the local wine. There is something quite magical about the views.
June and Clive live on site, but are incredibly respectful of your privacy whilst at the same time being very warm and friendly. I am sure we will return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Otley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were welcomed into June and Clive's life like friends. The place is a labour of love, where they have created a terrifically beautiful environment. Everything is well and sympathetically designed. The animals, many of which are rescued, are healthy, happy, affectionate beings!

We were on the full board riding package, rode everyday and ate with June and Clive in the evenings, sometimes with other friends and family. It is miraculously non-commercial, and they have the balance of friendly family business spot on. The meals are superbly hosted. With some fantastic cooking and plenty sparkling wine!

Hmm, so much I could say! The horses are loved. They live as a herd, which means they're chilled out. They are completely safe to be around if you are aware of 'horse speak'. I loved bitless riding, a great experience of what light touch means. There are horses for all abilities, great views, picnic rides, optional helping out with your horse.

I will be going back both for a riding break soon (!) and also for the self catering, taking a car and getting out and about in the stunning locale.

It's a holiday where you can do as much or as little as you like. I can't recommend it enough for anyone looking for a recuperative break (as i was). But you could go as a family, as a group, to be active or rest, to be social or quiet. Can't recommend it enough

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I'd heard mention of the place on the web, had some annual leave to take and fancied doing something different so I booked a week's riding holiday at Cortijo Los Lobos. I had an absolutely wonderful time riding, biking and walking, in a very beautiful part of the world. My accommodation, in the flat, was comfortable, cosy and well appointed and I was made to feel very welcome right from the off and really well looked after by June and Clive, the owners. Best of all were the horses, who are a happy characterful bunch, and it was much more like riding at a friend's than at a riding facility. I have always been wary of booking a foreign riding holiday, because it would spoil it for me if I wasn't happy with the way the horses were kept or treated, but I would definitely recommend the place and hope to be able to go back again soon.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

We stayed here for a short break and loved it so much we are going back for a two week holiday this year. The accomodation is beautiful, full of character and very traditionally spanish and the views are breathtaking. Set in wonderfull countryside surrounded by olives you couldn't want for a more peacefull holiday, but there is plenty to do if you get bored too. thanks june and Clive for a lovely break - looking forward to seeing you again in the summer and sampling Clives fantastic Paella again! Trish - Cambridgeshire

Room Tip: Both cottages are lovely so it depends on the size of your party as one is a little bit bigger.