“Jezza Reviews”

Globales Costa Tropical
“Jezza Reviews”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

I was at this hotel for a week from 14th November.

The receptionists instantly greeted us with a smile on arrival and gave directions to our room. We're always happy to answer any questions I had to ask. Special mention to Angeles who was just amazing, so nice and a very warming smile.

The reason I am giving 4 star is the food isn't the best in the world but for the price we paid it didn't faze us, there were still plenty of choices and tbh if you didn't want to eat there you could eat in town for next to nothing. Food was always replaced when low and the serving times were perfect. Another gripe not so much from me as I didn't care but the pool was rather cold and would have been bettee5 off was slightly warmer as not many people were using the pool bar myself who even went for a dip at midnight occasionally but we shall keeo quiet abkut that lol.

Onto entertainment. For a seemingly quiet time of year they had entertainment on for the whole week of my stay, from parrot shows to karaoke and even a live duo, Jose the entertainment dude was very friendly and was always trying to involve everyone, especially 'ME' as im fab, he worked very hard and couldn't fault the entertainment, he even let us play our own music which went down a treat.

The barman Sebastian, what a guy he is, he deserves a pay rise, an absolute gent, top class bar man and his smile as big as it gets, even joined in with the banter which makes enjoy it more. His cocktails r thee best.

Over all this hotel was amazing. Met some great people from different parts of the UK while at Costa Tropical and it looks like we shall most definitely coming back to your hotel as a group, you made us feel welcome and our stay was just fab. So thank you.

P.S

Sint5 listen to the bad reviews as they are clearly misery guts and are jusy6 looking to nit pick and moan over silly things.

Thanks again

Jez

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jez R
Quality M, Gerente at Globales Costa Tropical, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
First of all, and in the name of all of us here in the hotel we say thank you for writing a comment in TripAdvisor, and we are very pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay here with us.

We always work as hard as we can to assure you a great holiday under the bright sun of Fuerteventura and we never stop improving, so your comments are very appreciated, and be sure that your suggestions are taken in high consideration, just to be sure that when you come back with us, you will find all in perfect conditions for you.

Waiting for you soob, we send you all best wishes from all staff.

Yours sincerely.
Raul Sanchez.
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
staffordshire
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Spent a week at this hotel, and had a fantastic time, spotlessly clean, I've read the other reviews, and feel I need to defend it, the pool was cleaned every morning, the maid came every day except wed, and there was never any mess ANYWHERE. The food was good, and I noticed it was replaced as soon as it got low. So if it has changed hands, do you not think the problems have been addressed, as everyone who has had a holiday here recently has given it a really good write up. the entertainment is the same you get in all the canarie 3star hotels, but this hotel, really went the extra mile and got a good boy girl duo in to entertain us. Jose the entertainments guy was really friendly and got everyone involved, if the music got too loud I asked for it to be turned down and he obliged,
My husband and I are in our 70s and had no trouble understanding his English, and what was really good, there was no smoking inside any of the bars or rooms, as this is what normally spoils my holiday. The staff at this hotel have got everything right, well done to everyone, what you see on the photos of the hotel is what you get. I will definitely return, and I hope anyone considering this hotel, will go and make your own mind up, because you will have a great time. Keep up the good work everyone

Room Tip: All the rooms look over the pool, and have great views
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Gillian P
Dear Guest

This will serve to help us continue to lead our efforts to improve our service and customer satisfaction. And it will help future visitors of the island to plan theirs holidays here.

We hope to see you at our hotel or another of our hotel company again.

And we want to thank you again for choosing our hotel to enjoy your last vacation.

Best regards.
Raul Sanchez
Hotel Manager
Stoke-on-Trent, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This review is very late as we travelled in May 2013 and was not going to bother, but onseeing some of the reviews I just had to.
We stayed here for 10 days, the Maid cleaned the room twice, by the end of the second week we had bird crap on the balcony, table, chairs, paint was hanging off the balcony, I have pictures that I can upload, but really feel words are enough. There was a constant collection of scum at the end of the pool which made you not want to go in. We never saw anyone clean the pool or surrounding areas, There were 96 sunbeds for over 150 guests, 9 parasols, which were static 8 blocks of showers around the pool, all looked very nice, but did not work, I know we went in May but come on you are paying for a holiday in the Canaries, which has sun all year round, so these should be worked 365 surely.

The floors were never swept, we constantaly came down each morning to fag ends, cups, crispt packets, it really was a mess.

Food yes was plentiful, if you got there early, they did not replenish, and if you were a vegitarian you had not hope unless you liked lettuce and chips. I had a vegetarian lasagne one day not because I am vegi, just because it looked nice, and it had big chunks of meat in it. upon asking the waitress her reply was vegetarian here is no red meat, so chicken and pork was ok then. ????

Pool Bar
we booked it because it had a swim up bar one of my favs and it was not open, They said open from May to October in the brochure we went in may and they said no we only open it from August as we have no staff for it. Again, not happy.

The bar was about the only saving grace to this holiday, all though Sebastian was an al rounder he had to eat his food in the back kitchen whilst on duty as they were do short staffed, I asked him if he wanted a drink and he had to say no, they could not even drink a soft drink in front of guest, ridiculous. You could buy branded drinks at a very reasonable price so I drank some of those, as the house was not that good.

I believe that this hotel is under new ownership I think it needs serious money spending on staffing.

Entertainment well what a joke that was, some guy said great entertainment tonight people. we have a show for you, great we thought, what was it 3 people came in with 5 cages with birds of prey, lasted about 10 minutes end of show. now what do we do for the other 4 hours.
Quiz nite, sorry but the entertainer could not speak very good english (yes i know we are in a different country) but you could not understand his questions half the time.

Oh we did have a bit of dance music, well it blasted your ears out and majority of the people left the bar to sit around the pool as it was so loud. when you told him he said people want to dance it has to be loud.

Sorry but this is more of a hostel than a hotel, wont be returning.

I have made lots of reviews on this site and always try to give an honest opinion, I know some people moan for the sake of it, but I do feel that this place would be better bull dozed and starting again.

If anyone would like to see the pictures please feel free to e mail me and I will let you see. I should put them on here really, then you can judge for yourself.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Julie B
Dear guest,

On behalf of all staff and management here at Globales Costa Tropical Hotel we would like to thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with us.

We are very disconcerted that we did not meet with your expectations at the hotel and hope that you will accept our sincere apologies.

We assure you that we do take all customer feedback seriously , we have already discussed your comments with the relevant members of our team and we will work together improving all the areas you have mentioned, our priority is guest satisfaction and we work very hard to try to achieve it.

Wish you all the best,
Raul Sanchez
Resort manager

Travellers are raving about these Costa de Antigua hotels

staffordshire
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Just returned on the 17th of November, had a great time, thanks to all the staff at this hotel.Spotlessly clean, nice decor, and very welcoming, would highly recommend it to anyone wanting a quiet relaxing holiday, and value for money, anybody moaning about this hotel, must of payed 5star prices, the food is good and plenty of it, nice salad bar, and the fajitas were the best I'd eaten. Jose the entertainments guy worked really hard, and got everyone involved at night, nice to see a proper act as well, in the form of a duo, well done everyone at this hotel, even the cats were beautiful. The location is fine, as there is a free bus running backward and forwards to the beach and town everyday, but there is also a lovely walk to the town where you can feed all the chipmunks, I will be returning to this hotel and if you want a nice holiday, and don't go looking for things to moan at for the sake of it, you will have a great time. Also met some really nice people there as well. Can't praise the holiday enough. Maria and Family.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Maria S
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Globales Costa Tropical, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Maria,

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Just returned from a 10 night stay what a fantastic holiday. All the staff are great all very friendly and helpful Sebastian in the bar has a smile for every one he is brilliant. Can't complain about anything spotlessly clean even in the communal areas. Met some fantastic people most nights in the bar was like one big party no rush for sun beds all in all great value for money and we will be returning.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tracy L
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

i stayed here on my own for 2 weeks,i had a lovely apartment which was cleaned every day and i was never without beautiful clean white towels,everything about this hotel is clean and very comfortable,they have two large pools and lovely surroundings,the staff are so friendly and helpful.the only thing that i did,nt approve of was the charge of 28 euro,s per week for the use of the safe,if it was,nt for this high cost i would be returning but refuse to pay this amount.I love this hotel and i would have returned several times a year if they dropped this charge so for now its goodbye Tropical.

Room Tip: i had an upstairs room but i think any room in the hotel would be quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank gussy-44
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Globales Costa Tropical, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Customer,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your stay in Hotel Costa Tropical. Our cleanning staff really appreciate your comments.

We will take into account the fee of the safe to set the 2014 fee of our safe service, in order to leave your belongings safely.

Thank you again for your HELP and we hope to welcome you back soon

Sheffield
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Just wanted to let future customers know that this complex is brilliant. We are a middle aged couple (young at heart) and globals tropical hit the spot. The staff and the service give it a really personal feeling that makes it feel warm and welcoming. The food was ok, the apartment did it's job and the pool was absolutely fantastic. I would love to visit global tropical again as it was 11 days of sheer heaven. Bob n San.

• Stayed October 2013
5 Thank stripedtshirt
Quality M, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Globales Costa Tropical, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Caroline

It seems you had an excellent stay. We strive to adhere to our guests every need above and beyond their expectations and I hope this is what you encountered with us.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us

Thank you again for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon

Broncemar Beach
Broncemar Beach
#10 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa

Been to Globales Costa Tropical? Share your experiences!