Globales Costa Tropical
La Piramide(Costa de Antigua)
US$57
US$52
US$156
US$146
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Villa Florida(Caleta de Fuste)(Great Value!)
US$74
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Costa Caleta(Caleta de Fuste)
US$113
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Broncemar Beach(Caleta de Fuste)
US$62
US$59
bedfinder
  • Restaurant
US$127
2,000 results
All reviewscosta tropicalfree buscaleta de fustecoastal pathfishsan miguelbad reviewsgreat holidaymet some lovely peoplehis facecheap breakfussy eaterpool was coldbudget holidaywater polosofa bedtable tennis
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We followed my brother here for a weeks break in December 2013, you arrive at this hotel, sorry Hostel and know something is not right, maybe it's the appearance of the reception or the way in which it's furnished back to the 70s !

Booked in got the room and well, shocking damaged furniture, rusty horrible microwaves and fridges, dirty bathrooms smashed door locks, disgusting cups and plates, the whole poolside area has been painted over to hide the ever needed refurbishment, the plastic cups you are given beer in reminds you of a child's picnic, then comes the food recycled pig swill served cold and very dangerous, don't put up with this even at the cheap cost of this hostel Never ever again knock this place down and build a Aldi on it for the locals !

Room Tip: Another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Quality M, Gerente at Globales Costa Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

On behalf of all staff and management here at Globales Costa Tropical Hotel we would like to thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with us and we regret much that other customer behavior wasn't to your liking

We are very disconcerted that we did not meet with your expectations at the hotel and hope that you will accept our sincere apologies.

We assure you that we do take all customer feedback seriously , we have already discussed your comments with the relevant members of our team and we will work together improving all the areas you have mentioned, our priority is guest satisfaction and we work very hard to try to achieve it.

Wish you all the best,
Resort manager

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Room: basic but good value for money. very clean and big enough for a family of 4. Basic cooking facilities (hob and microwave and kettlle). Pleanty of storage space. The beds are ok but no double, they just pushed 2 singles together.

Staff: most are very friendly and will do anything for you. Cleaners do an excellent job.

Pool: quite big with a separate kids pool. Very clean. A bit too cold to swim in at this time of year...even though its 20 degrees plus every day.

Food: there is the main restaurant which serves breakfast lunch and dinner, and a snack bar. The snacks are okay...hotdogs, burgers, chips and salad etc. Pizza is available but you have to pay for it even if you're all inclusive same with the ice creams.
The restaurant serves pretty much the same food every day and I have to say its poor. The food is usually undercooked and poorly presented...every now and then there is something available that is worth a try but most of it is just slop. Im not a fussy eater, in fact I will usually eat anything but trust me the food in there makes school dinners look gourmet! I found myself just living off the snacks but there is only so many hotdogs and burgers you can eat bofore you get bored.
Summary: its a decent place and its quite cheap, but badly let down by the food. Think twice if your planning on bringing kids...not much entertainment and what there is is on in the bar which by the time the family stuff is on its usually quite late and everbodys drunk. Average at best.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank James P

Dear guest,

On behalf of all staff and management here at Globales Costa Tropical we would like to thank you for your comment.

About the problems you mentioned like food or entertaiment, we will take note of them, because all the points are always checked by our staff in order to know what we are doing wrong and therefore must be improved.

Sincerely thank you for your comments, opinions like yours always help us,

Best regards
Hotel manager

Reviewed 6 January 2014

Following our most enjoyable Christmas holiday last year at the Ten Bel Alborada in Tennerife we planned this holiday with the same expectations. The Hotel staff were friendly and helpful but I would not class the stay as all inclusive more of a select inclusive! not that I am a drinker but the only alcohol available was beer from the Pizzaria up until 15.30 as that's when the main bar opened. I also had a problem in the evening when I requested a cold beer in a glass and I was told this was for paying customers ( I am sure I paid for this privilege prior to my stay) but I stood my ground and even offered to pay for the glass but in the end got a 3/4 pint glass given to me.

The food was OK with plenty of choice and was as expected for a Spanish resort but the effort could have been better for the Christmas period.

The resort of Antigua is very quiet but Caleta de Fuste is just around the corner a 30 minute walk or 5 minute in a taxi ride for 3.50 Euro.

The variety of guest nationalities staying in the hotel included, British, Russian, French, Spanish, Polish etc and the hotel generally catered for every nationality.

I would not usually comment on other guests but feel I have to on this occasion as there were two groups of people that should have been thrown out following a fight one evening in the bar.

Firstly there was a woman from Essex, I know this as she felt compelled to tell everybody who entered the bar when she was in there drunk one evening clutching a bottle of Jagermeister and another woman from Scotland who ended up having a drunken fight one night in full view of decent family's trying to enjoy their evening.

This was totally disgraceful and unbelievable to watch. The language and actions was appalling from both the women and the parties they were with particularly the Scottish woman who was a very vile person! they were arrested and should have been thrown out by the hotel when they returned!

Following the fight there was glass on the floor and when my daughter told the bar man he said he had to leave it there as evidence for the Police but the glass was still there at 10 the following morning where we again informed the reception of this hazard.

Javier and Simone the entertainment men did a good job in keeping my children entertained but the overall general entertainment could have been better.

I would not put anybody off from staying at this hotel but following this holiday we will not be planning on going back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear guest,

About the problems you mentioned, we will take note of them, because all the points are always checked by our staff in order to know what we are doing wrong and therefore must be improved and We regret much that other customer behavior wasn't to your liking

Sincerely thank you for your comments, opinions like yours always help us,

Best regards

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

What a horrible place. Tons of scots that drink 24hours a day and actually physically attacked 1 poor lady while her child was there. Food horrible. Management tend to cater to the people that go year after year allowing them to take over the hotel and cause the most awful trouble.

I was with my husband and two young boys and felt completely unsafe. There was a group of about 20 people dominating the whole front of pool area and intimidating everybody else. Complete scum

Do not go here

Stayed: December 2013

On behalf of all staff and management here at Globales Costa Tropical Hotel we would like to thank you very much for taking time to share your experience with us.

Wish you all the best,
Resort manager

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Do not waste your money staying at this hotel!
We stayed here at the end of October '13. We only stayed one night as it was so dire!!!!
We paid for a new hotel, and was well worth it.
The room was dirty, and dirty cups under the bed! The white goods were rusty.
The bed settee had hard wooden lats with disintegrated foam over, my little boy was ment to sleep on this!!
The food was disgusting and not very warm.The juice machine had awful liquid in that bared no resemblance to what the writing/pic said was in it!!
The bar was awful and they gave you thin plastic cups (this was in the evening!!)
We arrived at 20.00 and were gone by 10.00 the next morning!!
Do believe the bad reviews from other guests, i have never stayed in such a horrible place in my life!
The only good thing i have to say was the lady on the front desk was nice! She showed me 2 other rooms but they were as bad as the one we had been allocated.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Louise D
Quality M, Gerente at Globales Costa Tropical, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your time spent on write a comment on TripAdvisor describing the sensations obtained during your stay at Globales Costa Tropical.

However, we feel sorry that the service received was not up to the standards you expected. We have read your comment and suggestion about our hotel, please be assured that we will take them all into consideration in order to make our hotel a better choice for clients.

Once again thank you for your comments,

Yours sincerely,