“Clean and comfortable accomodation, friendly staff and great food”
Review of Triton Inn

Triton Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sledmere
Triton Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Sledmere B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stay in the Driffield area every year whilst exhibiting at the Driffield show and after only an average hotel last year decided to try somewhere different, my colleague and I stayed here for 2 nights and found it to be good value for money, the rooms were clean and comfortable, cask ale was well kept and the food was of excellent quality, service was a little slow on show night but was well worth the wait and all the decent places in the area are the same on show night so dont let that put you off, staff were friendly and we have already booked for next year - would recomend to anyone.

Room Tip: try to stay at the back as there were a lot of lorries one night although this may have been a one o...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 July 2013

Excellent food, clean and comfortable bedroom and helpful staff-what more could you want? Every effort made to help with my dietary requirements including sending out for special bread. Mobile phone reception non existent which may concern some travellers. Wi -fi is possible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 July 2013

My partner, and I visited the 40's nostalgia event at Sledmere House on 30th 2013.
We decided to have a meal in the Inn. We could not have been made more welcome even though they were very busy. The hosts were very charming, and helpful. The serving staff were very pleasant, and nothing was too much for them to do.
We were served by Linda, who has a most charming personality, and most helpful approach to customer care. The meal served was most generous, and was plentiful. We had no room for a pudding, although I did try to save some room for one.
If you call in insist on being served by Linda.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David C
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We were recommended to go here for lunch by a friend and we were not disappointed. Had a warm welcome from the lady in charge of the dining room who took us to a table. The inn was decorated with bunting, flags and posters relating to the war. This was all connected to the Nostalgia weekend at Sledmere House. During the meal they played old war-time songs in keeping with the decor! It made for a good atmosphere.
The service was very good,-pleasant and efficient and the food was excellent. The lamb was cooked just right and the vegetarian meal I had was absolutely delicious. The weather outside was miserable
but inside the Triton, everything was a joy. Will also recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Go early it gets busy
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I had to make a flying visit to Yorkshire to be here whilst my daughter was on a school trip and had her leg in cast. Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Rooms have kettle in so you can make yourself a hot drink. Wifi is available which is a god send as phone reception in the moors is very poor. At breakfast there was a choice of cereals, fruit, juice, tea or coffee and then whatever you wanted would be cooked for you. I ate here every night and the food was lovely every time. The Steak pie is huge and full of meat (highly recommend) the steak is also nice. Puddings were lovely. All in all had a great stay with the most friendliest people who made you feel very welcome. Could go and come as you please. On my last day I asked if they could make me a sandwich as I was on a school trip, fab sandwich, even better chocolate cake with my apple to go for my 5 a day. Thank you for making a stressful time manageable. If your passing this area pop in for dinner, if your wanting to stay I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were looking forward to dinner at the Triton, starter's were average. Both my wife and I had cod and chips. The chips were tasteless and hard, tasted as though they might have been frozen. (Not the soft fluffy had cut chips). The batter on the fish was crispy but the fish was lacking taste, and did wonder if it was frozen. All in all a bit of a let down.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Dennis G
Reviewed 5 April 2013 via mobile

Nice polite staff and great food. Looking after the groom preparing him for the big wedding day tomorrow!
The good was well prepared and the puddings were to die for!!
Thank you, we will definitely return (without the children)

• Stayed: April 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sledmere
Burythorpe House
The Old Mill Hotel & Restaurant
Blue Bell Inn
Blue Bell Inn
#2 of 2 in Weaverthorpe

Been to Triton Inn? Share your experiences!