“Fantastic Sunday lunch!”
Review of Wolds Village

Wolds Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Bainton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 April 2013

We visited The Wolds village for my husbands birthday, with our family, for Sunday lunch. We booked in advance and we're welcomed immediately. We have been before, and enjoyed it, but this time, the food was fabulous...........my husband is a chef and I cannot remember the last time he fully enjoyed a meal out!! The roast beef just melted in the mouth, the childrens portions were just right and no chicken nuggets in sight!! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will return, thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Visited many times in the past, but not for a while. This time chose to visit with both children for a Saturday lunch and was not disappointed.

Great food and very friendly service - whole set up of gallery, shop and tea room is very inviting and we no doubt will be back.

Well done Wolds Village!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Remblence
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I like to think I'm pretty picky with my reviews and certainly when staying in city centres, I am often disappointed with what i get for my money. Wold's village was a bit of a last minute thought and far from my usual pick of places - certainly a choice I don't regret. The room - well as you would expect, it's certainly unique and full of character. It's really got everything you would want - the bed is very comfortable, it's not stuffy, good temperature controls, lovely bathroom.. the only point I would make was that for such a large room, it's a shame the TV was not larger - but then again, you dont come to a place like this for TV. There was WiFi in the room for all those who like to keep up to date with work, plan the trips ahead etc and this was a nice surprise. I'd usually find some holes to pick but for the money you pay - and for a rural little hotel, this really cannot be faulted.
As for food - the menu in the room is out of date and this was disappointing. The quality of the food itself was first rate! I couldn't find a seperate entry for the cafe but I would rate this top marks too. Breakfast was equally excellent, with a fresh fruit salad and yoghurt to choose from and a lovely cooked breakfast to follow - all the food was great, the staff were excellent too.

Location wise - we picked this in order to have the freedom to travel to York, Scarbrough and various other places and for this, it's the perfect choice. It's very rural but road access to York will get you there in 30 minutes and its not much more to Scarbrough.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We spent a very pleasant couple of hours over lunch one Saturday. The food was delicious with a good choice of vegetables being served with the main meals. One warning - leave room for the huge choice of tasty desserts as the portions are very generous. Will definitely be calling again for lunch.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We stayed for 3 nights last week, in the Edwardian room, We presumed, because it said it was suitable for disabled, that it would have a wet room/shower cubicle, but in fact it was bath/shower. So note to self, check next time! My two gripes would be the mattresses are smaller than the heavy framed beds, and being short, it was a job to get over the gap onto the floor, and silk flowers,which I hate. I tried moving them out of sight, but no, back they came. We had freezing weather but the room was warm and comfortable, the art gallery was interesting, I could have spent a fortune in there. The breakfasts were excellent, and we used the restaurant on 2 evenings, with food and service very good indeed. We noticed their conservatory restaurant was busy during the day too, so obviously the locals had sussed it out. Looking forward to returning to Wolds Village.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We had an amazing time, very peaceful location. The room was everything I hoped for and more, very spacious and clean. The TV isn't an important feature, however it is a little bit too small for me and the rooms do not appear to be sound proof as advertised, we heard doors banging quite a bit.
The food was amazing, couldn't fault it! I was disappointed that the menu in the room was an old one and didn't match what was actually available in the restaurant as I had my heart set on a meal that was no longer available. Fantastic value for money and the breakfast was by far the nicest I have had!!
Great value for money, lovely staff and brilliant service. Staff were very attentive but not constantly over your shoulder.
Local foods for sale in the shop and very reasonably priced.
The only thing that bothered me, which is no fault of anybody's other than nature was the manure smell in the morning and afternoon.
I would recommend Wolds Village to all my friends and hope to stay again, thank you for a lovely stay!!
Colleen Mulcahy

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Barney1985
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Arrived later than expected, Gentleman let me into a warm, clean and very comfortable room.

I had the Art Nouveau room, the furnishings and cleanliness were outstanding.

Ok no mobile signal but wifi very good in the room.

Ate in the restaurant, again outstanding. Hot, fresh and great range of choice. Service top quality.

Breakfast had a small portion of a full yorkshire breakfast, toast, fresh juice and coffee. All and more i wanted to start my day.

Will be visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank WoodleyMac
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainton
Best Western The Bell In Driffield
St Quintin Arms Inn
St Quintin Arms Inn
#1 of 17 in Driffield
The Old Mill Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Wolds Village? Share your experiences!