“Good pit stop”
Review of Wolds Village

Wolds Village
Ranked #1 of 1 Bainton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Ordered tea for two and strawberry pavlova to share. The pavlova was huge, strawberries juicy and the cream fresh. Tea and pavlova served promptly with a smile and a bit of a chat from the waitress. Price was good, think I had change from a tenner. the outside courtyard was picturesque and had plenty of atmosphere during our visits. Will go again when on my way back home to Brid.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Picman

Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for early evening meal and as the sun was shining we sat outside in the courtyard area. Very pleasant surroundings, good selection of food and excellent portion sizes. We both had a ploughmans and thought it was delicious. Didnt have room for pud but the cakes looked yummy and were huge portions! There's a little shop and gallery also which was a nice added extra. Would thoroughly recommend

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place to stay following a special meal out and wolds village fit the bill. We had a beautiful themed room "Victorian" which felt very cosy and luxurious. The room had everything you could need, plenty of sockets, tv, tea and coffee making. Lovely en suite with rainfall shower over the bath. Soft fluffy towels, hair drier free wifi an gorgeously comfy 4 poster bed. The room was lovely and quiet. There was a slight hiccup with our taxi for the evening but the owner kindly took us in his car which was brilliant service. The breakfast the following morning was delicious all home cooked with a great choice. Well worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 30 April 2013

This was my second visit to the wolds. A great place to stop for coffee or a meal. I had the most amazing chocolate chip scone with chocolate spread and cream - heaven !!! The staff are very friendly and the restaurant is clean and bright and airy. Theres a great selection of home made cakes and different teas and coffees as well as main meals and sandwiches. It does get busy so best to get in early.

Theres also a art gallery and I believe accommodation and I love the quirky selection of model animals dotted around the car park area, the fox definately had us looking twice !!!

Reviewed 11 April 2013

We visited The Wolds village for my husbands birthday, with our family, for Sunday lunch. We booked in advance and we're welcomed immediately. We have been before, and enjoyed it, but this time, the food was fabulous...........my husband is a chef and I cannot remember the last time he fully enjoyed a meal out!! The roast beef just melted in the mouth, the childrens portions were just right and no chicken nuggets in sight!! We thoroughly enjoyed our visit and will return, thank you!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Visited many times in the past, but not for a while. This time chose to visit with both children for a Saturday lunch and was not disappointed.

Great food and very friendly service - whole set up of gallery, shop and tea room is very inviting and we no doubt will be back.

Well done Wolds Village!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Remblence
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I like to think I'm pretty picky with my reviews and certainly when staying in city centres, I am often disappointed with what i get for my money. Wold's village was a bit of a last minute thought and far from my usual pick of places - certainly a choice I don't regret. The room - well as you would expect, it's certainly unique and full of character. It's really got everything you would want - the bed is very comfortable, it's not stuffy, good temperature controls, lovely bathroom.. the only point I would make was that for such a large room, it's a shame the TV was not larger - but then again, you dont come to a place like this for TV. There was WiFi in the room for all those who like to keep up to date with work, plan the trips ahead etc and this was a nice surprise. I'd usually find some holes to pick but for the money you pay - and for a rural little hotel, this really cannot be faulted.
As for food - the menu in the room is out of date and this was disappointing. The quality of the food itself was first rate! I couldn't find a seperate entry for the cafe but I would rate this top marks too. Breakfast was equally excellent, with a fresh fruit salad and yoghurt to choose from and a lovely cooked breakfast to follow - all the food was great, the staff were excellent too.

Location wise - we picked this in order to have the freedom to travel to York, Scarbrough and various other places and for this, it's the perfect choice. It's very rural but road access to York will get you there in 30 minutes and its not much more to Scarbrough.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bainton
Best Western The Bell In Driffield
Highfield Farm
Highfield Farm
#6 of 17 in Driffield
The Old Mill Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Wolds Village? Share your experiences!