“Serene paradise”

Anika Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 10 Santa Fe B&B and Inns
“Serene paradise”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

The long travel is definitely worth it! Anika Island Resort is really a paradise. It boasts of long stretch of white sand, pristine blue green waters, delicious food, uber-friendly staff and cozy container-type rooms. We got the beach front room and it is certainly worth its value.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Luzon, Philippines
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We've been to anika twice already.
First time (Oct 2012) we were checked in at blue marlin resort but i did not like the beach coz it was dirty.. Good thing i remembered a friend telling me about anika and i called them right away. Their driver picked us up in a van, and told us to inspect the place first. The price was higher than the other resort but, wow!
It was so worth it!! It was love at first sight! My kids rushed to the beach while we wait for our room to be ready. It was not at all bad waiting for our room for 30 minutes as we did not have reservations..
My kids love the fine white sand, they can build sandcastles without cutting their hands with dead corals..
I love the sea.. Crystal clear water.. I love to play with fishes while i sit in the shallow water.. I love staring at the sea, watching my kids from not so far distance from my own veranda at a beachfront room.. It was so peaceful there.. Unlike boracay, the view of the sea kissing the sky aint obstructed by bars and vendors.. It was just a wonderful view of God's majestic creations..

Rooms are big, cold AC and big bathrooms,
the crew were so helpful and friendly. They even helped us find a cake for my 8yr old son's birthday and delivered our food at the beach.
We were supposed to stay for only two nights but we extended our stay for 1 more night as we just couldnt leave the place just yet..
We bought our danggit from a fisherman who lives nearby.. They are cheaper than the market..
When my hubby asked if there are sea urchins at the sea, the fisherman immediately offered to get him some. He went to the sea in front of us and after 10-15 mins he was back with a bucket full of live sea urchins.. We asked how much but he told us that it was up to us.. So we gave him 200 pesos for everything.. He even opened them up for us.
We will never ever forget our wonderful experience in Anika.. This is the first time i have given 5 stars to any place i review because i believe that there should always be room for improvement.. But they just really deserve it..
Food by the way esp the calamares and the scallops are best with very reasonable price..

We revisited Anika after Yolanda (Nov 2013)
The manager Rey got in touch with me a week after yolanda and reassured me that the resort was operational.. True enough, they were the only resort with a generator, so we didnt have probs with our AC, they were working.. Only rested for 2 hours during the morning and then back again..
They also assisted me in giving out tarpaulins to the affected people in town..
This time i was with my in laws and my little boy, who was so excited and never really mind if we have to travel so far.
Everything was the way it was the first time we visited. I fell in love with it all over again..

I just love bantayan island so much and Anika just makes it more memorable each time we visit.. I will keep coming back here..
This is definitely my home away from home.. My favorite place in the Philippines!

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank docjolt
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

A very late review.

Just barely a month after typhoon Haiyan had just ravaged much of northern Cebu, I wasn't expecting much from this resort or any resort in Bantayan for that matter. To our surprise, they were open and still honored our reservation from weeks before.
Port transfer to room check-in was a breeze. The staff were very courteous and accommodating.
The room, although small, was clean and comfortable. Every room had a balcony where you can lounge and have your food eaten there.
The resort upkeep was topnotch considering they were just hit by the typhoon. The beachfront was always clean and you get to catch a gorgeous sunrise in the morning.
Kudos to the owner and to his staff for maintaining the resort and spearheading the relief efforts for the island while we were there.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank paulpacheco
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arrived around 1245 noon after a weary 5-6 hours trip from Cebu city. Unfortunately we had to wait for the room until was ready, my partner ask how long it will take and the receptionist said that the room will be ready in a short while. After 30 minutes waiting, we check again with the receptionist and she assured us that they are giving us priority to check in. So, since the receptionist didn't answer the question, my partner ask again exactly what time, but this time, the line came out "our standard check in time is at 2pm", and at that instant I felt this is going to be a bad stay. I thought I'd grow my anger some wings and let it fly towards her, but I was too tired and better save my energy for later adventure. What benefits does she gets by contradicting herself about when we can check in?

At two something we finally got the room after a quick lunch at their all-day-dining restaurant. To our surprise the garden rooms are made in a shipping container with each consisting of 3 rooms -image how small these rooms are, after inspecting the room, I went for shower and the shower pressure was a huge let-down, AC location is not practical- facing the door instead of the bed, but lucky the room was clean, and have spacious balcony. It was okay though since most of the time we were outside enjoying activities.

The guards at both the beach and entrance were friendly and discipline, we had no trouble leaving our stuff at the beach chairs while swimming since that place was guarded.This resort offers a nice beach front views, fine white sand, and clean beach area, the lifeguard always clean the area from time to time.

For dinner we decided to eat at the all-day-dining again since we didn't know where eat. The food was average, but the price is quite high for that kind of quality. You could be spending 1200-1500 pesos per dine.

This resort does not have some reserve of basic medicine for guest, we had to travel outside just to get some paracetamol/painkillers. Better to have some because you never know when guest is in need.

Everything else was okay and nothing much to highlight since most of the time we were outside of the resort. Done forget to explore the island more and you'll find many resorts offers great beach front views as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TJAbdul
Taytay, Philippines
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We never had a problem booking a room in Anika. They are very prompt in replying to emails. Prior to arrival, we really appreciate that we received an sms asking us about the time that we're set to leave Hagnaya port for them to make sure that we will be picked up from Sta. Fe port. Our pick up service is on time and the person who picked us up is very welcoming. The uniformed staff and the new and properly labelled van gave us the impression that we're in to get what we paid for.

Persons in the check in counter are nice and welcoming too. Everyone makes it a point to greet guests whenever they see one. Security is not a problem, there's a security guard by the beach who is always attentive to look after guests. We coordinated with a local for an island hopping activity for a cheaper price, the guard took note of our room number (maybe took note of the local too). When we got back the guard is nice enough to ask about our activity and also asked if we had fun. We had the same experience with the security guard at the main entrance where we used to pass by when we go out, they always take note of our room number.

The room, though small, is clean. The bed is comfortable, the pillows are fluffy and soft. The bathroom is spacious too, but sadly the water pressure is not that strong. The spacious veranda in each room is a very nice touch.

Overall, I can say that we really got what we paid for. The beach is relaxing in itself and is not over crowded.

This one's out of topic but I just had to share:

We made friends with one of the pedicab drivers, whom we used to get when we go out the resort for dinner and other stuff. They (him and his fellow pedicab drivers) only have nice words for the owner of Anika. According to him, the owner helped them to start again after the onslaught of typhoon Yolanda. The owner is the one who bought pedicabs for them and the owner agreed that he be paid on an installment basis, with no interest for that matter. He's already finished paying for his pedicab so he now gets to keep the money that he earns for his family.

It is also in Anika that most of the locals were allowed to stay during the onslaught of Yolanda.

Rate in Anika isn't that pricey but I can totally say that even if it is, or even if it will be in the future, I wouldn't mind spending on a place that is owned by someone who is kind enough to share his blessings to the needy. And with that, I WOULD DEFINITELY GO BACK :)

Room Tip: Opt to reserve a single villa room, preferably room #14, if you want to have a little privacy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Pamrev
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The lady at the reception desk was more interested in talking with a colleague instead of serving us..we did not feel welcome. The rooms are very small and made of containers and not cosy and comfortable at all. The position is very isolated and not in walking distance from the marketplace, shops, restaurants etc. in Santa Fe. You can not swim in the sea in front of Anika because of many rocks in the sea and the beach area was not well arranged. The food at the restaurant was not tasty and delicious at all and also too expensive and the overall service was impersonal and indifferent. We moved to another place located in the center of Santa Fe after one night !

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ole k
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed here last May 1 where most people are in La Boracay. So when we arrived here we get to enjoy and relaxed at the front beach with few other guests.

The staffs are very accommodating. And the security is very good that someone from the gate made sure that we are safe when we go out to eat our dinner outside the resort.

We ordered Danggit for our breakfast and packed lunch of Chicken Inasal to bring when we go to Virgin Island. hmmmm. The food were just ok, maybe our mistake is that we advance ordered our breakfast that spoil the supposed to be crunchiness of Danggit. While the Chicken Inasal tasted just like an ordinary chicken barbeque.

The room is nice and clean. We wanted to extend our stay but the were fully booked on the following days.

Highly recommendable and I will be here hopefully sooner. :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Kota Beach Resort
Kota Beach Resort
#3 of 9 in Bantayan Island
Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant and Bar
Beach Placid Resort, Restaurant ...
#4 of 17 in Bantayan Island
Santa Fe Beach Club
Santa Fe Beach Club
#2 of 2 in Santa Fe

Been to Anika Island Resort? Share your experiences!