A pity, because this hotel is situated in a fine old building with good surrounding gardens. However, from the restaurant closing at 9.30pm (and no room service after that time), the shabby bar (with many glasses and plated laying around waiting to be collected), the shortage of staff everywhere, and the frayed carpets on the stairs, this is a hotel in need of some serious love and investment.
The room was comfortable, the bathroom large and bright. I don't fault the cleanliness. However, the buffet breakfast (tacky signs taped to doors around the place advising you to get there early to avoid the rush...) is both limited and not very impressively served.
All in all, probably okay if you need somewhere to stay for a night en route somewhere, but certainly not for any longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 300 year old Shropshire House, a 4 star hotel with 87 en suite rooms, overlooks an ornamental lake in 15 acres of gardens in the heart of Shropshire just 2 miles from the medieval town of Shrewsbury. 30 min from the M6, J10A. Ideal for visiting Chester, Shrewsbury Abbey and the Severn Valley steam railway. Newly refurbished The Orchid Rooms at Inspiration Leisure and Spa offers a gym, fitness classes, a pool, relaxation lounge and thermal suite including a sauna, steam room, ice room, and six treatment rooms, two of which are doubles. 24 hr room service. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury
- Albrighton Hall Hotel
- Accor Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury
- Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel And Spa