“Short family break”

Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed here with my family and two young kids.

Positives:
Decent value for money.
Nice pool and spa area.
The room was fine.
Excellent breakfast.

Two things that were disappointing:
a) very weak / intermittent WiFi signal in the annex block - despite asking specifically about this when i booked
b) the pillows - hardly any padding, more like a pillow case so didn't help us get a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear Guest,

We at the Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury very much appreciate all your thoughts.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We booked this hotel on the spur of the moment to go for a run out to the country to a nice hotel. My wife had bought me 3 days ownership of an Aston Martin... Lucky me.... Booked through Laterooms while sitting in the restaurant wondering where to go.

Our greeting was very friendly by a young man called Aaron. A credit to them.

We also booked a massage each in the Spa and was excellent too. The Spa is fantastic and the pool very nice. All spotlessly clean and welcoming. Plenty of couches and chairs to chill out on.

The room was very large and the bed 2 singles put together so a 6' bed but with no gap. The TV was a 32" flat screen and there was fridge to use and plenty of drinks stuff.

The hotel is a very popular venue for weddings and just for visiting Shrewsbury as Park and Ride not far away. Grounds lovely and well kept.

The food in the restaurant was very good and the breakfast also good. Ambiance in the evening very busy. Drinks prices a little expensive but relative to a place of this calibre.

All in all would absolutely go there again for a relaxing weekend. We paid £159 for one nights 3 course dinner bed and breakfast and £70 in vouchers towards Spa treatments. Excellent price and you don't need to pay to use the sauna, pool etc.
Thanks......

2  Thank Philybabes
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and the team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury.

I hope we can be part of your future travel plans.

Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with a big party for my brothers wedding in September 2013. Lovely grounds and location was superb. Rooms were clean and well kept. Staff were incredibly polite and accommodating. Breakfast was a buffet style with a good selection. Overall a lovely stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank JessJ92

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for your lovely feedback to Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased that you had a great stay with us while you were celebrating your brothers wedding.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Having visiting the spa a few months ago my friends a I were very disappointed.
Having revisited today, we were pleasantlt suprised, we had lovely treatments, good value for money.
Facilites were brilliant not too crowded, clean and very enjoyable.
Staff were friendly and would recommend the spa!!
If I was being picky I would of liked drink facilities, the hot drinks are £1.50 each or there are water coolers!
Thanks for a lovely day

• Stayed: October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your feedback to Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased that you fully enjoyed your spa day and had time to take advantage to fully relax in the pool and thermal suite.

Kind regards

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our Sat Nav seemed to always get us there but by different routes. The secret is the AUDI dealership - find that and Albrighton is close by. We were in the School Masters House possibly because we had asked for a quiet room or possibly because there was a wedding on the Saturday that we arrived.We expected Lord Grantham to greet us but instead a very cheerful young lady soon had us settled and was offering advice on what we might like to do during our stay. We had pre purchased our evening meals at £15 and experienced slight problems with this.It seems that £15 covers 2 courses but for an extra £10 the a la carte menu may be used but for how many courses we never did find out. Sunday breakfast was a buffet and a very fine buffet too. Our other days Breakfasts were from the extensive menu. The rooms were clean and tidy and the beds comfortable and the shower worked well with no sudden surprises of either boiling or freezing water !! The decorations were a tad tired - possibly dating back to David Blunketts time spent there but they maintained character.I think the Manager was serving meals one evening - talk about relaxed - possibly the best meal experience of our break. Unless they have chosen a new supplier of Black Pudding I would give it a miss - not like we are used to in't North Lad!! Don't let this put you off. Albrighton Hall is value for money and there are some good deals.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by The Headmasters House - the rooms are spacious and it is very quiet
2  Thank HappyChappy70

Dear Guest,

I’m so glad that you had an enjoyable stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury. The staff and I very much appreciate your lovely feedback. I hope we can welcome you back to the property in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

A very nice spa hotel where the staff are very attentive, their only aim is to make your stay a special event. The leisure wing is really very good with swimming pool,steam rooms and sauna. The bedrooms are some of the largest and most comfortable we have experienced. The hotel was quiet, peaceful and relaxing with lovely old drawing rooms to quietly sit and read in large sunny bay windows, just what we were looking for. Would have no hesitation in returning and recommending to friends.

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I used this venue for our first ever overnight conference. I and two other company directors had stayed her a few months earlier to trial the hotel and it was wonderful. The staff couldn't do enough for us, the room we had were spacious, clean and tidy, the hotel spa was fantastic and the food was amazing. In the run up to the conference the Nicky Shore the events manager couldn't do enough for me as answered all my queries whether day or night as preparations for the conference were underway.

On the eve of the conference I arrived to be welcomed by an upgraded premier suite with a card and chocolates wishing me luck on my first conference. I then met with Nicky Shore and Marta who looked after me and my conference delegates, speakers and sponsors for the next two days. Nothing was too much trouble and all delegates, who were Head Teachers thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and their accommodation for the two days. The hospitality of all staff was overwhelming and the food was incredible. Nothing was too much trouble for the hotel. A black tie dinner was held on the first night of the conference and it went like clock work with many thanks to the Mistress of Ceremonies, Sara. Such was the success of our conference and the hotel that we have already booked next years conference. Although next year I am going to extend my stay to utilize the spa and see the wonderful hotel grounds and venture into Shrewsbury town.

Room Tip: I have stayed in this hotel on three occasions and all the rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank emma v
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear Guest,

The team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and we’re glad to have been a part of your visit to Shrewsbury.

We are so pleased that your first conference exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury in the very near future.

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Albrighton
Prince Rupert Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury
Rowton Castle
Rowton Castle
#1 of 1 in Halfway House

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!