“Outstanding beauty”

Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Albrighton
Reviewed 17 July 2014

WOW WOW WOW, I cant believe how beautiful this hotel is, the room was very well kept and clean, it was our anniversary so we got allocated a very big room - room 30, we did have a little problem with our stay, but this got sorted out very easily and without any hassle, so its not even worth mentioning. The staff were really friendly and accommodating, we did have a little grumble about the spa facilities, the ice room wasn't working, the pool did have a bit of unsightly debris near the blue pool cover. All was fantastic, I will say if you are booking room 30, I would suggest checking if they have a function on, as the function room is below this room. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. 10/10 :)

Room Tip: our room was wonderful and very large, but due to the party downstairs it was a bit noisy but only u...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the positive comments; I’m happy we were able to make your stay with us so enjoyable.

I hope we can welcome you back to the Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in Shrewsbury again very soon.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. Our room (No14) was nice and spacious and the bed comfortable. The spa treatments were good and the spa staff friendly.
The hotel was very dirty though. I hate to think how long it has been since anyone thought about cleaning the paintwork! All the doors were black where people had pushed them open. In the restaurant the velvet chairs were also filthy both on the seats and down the backs. Made me concerned about the state of the kitchen.
Regarding the meal we had in the restaurant I had scallops to start which we're well cooked although the overall dish was not very flavoursome. For the main my boyfriend had fish and chips not a difficult meal to cook but they managed to nearly burn the batter! My hake was also over cooked and dry, the veg was very underdone.
Breakfast on Saturday at 8am the bacon was inedible so hard it was difficult to cut. Felt like it had been on the hot plate all night.
The drinks were very expensive and the bar service was slow to say the least. I asked for a drink on one occasion and the lady was folding napkins and told me to wait until she finished!!!!
The heat in the whole hotel was stifling no need for a sauna. The bedroom windows had had the handles removed and were nailed shut! They provided a fan but we wanted fresh air. We can't be the only ones to want this.
Wifi!!!!!!!!! Well that was a joke think we managed to get 10 mins over the whole stay.
Seriously not good enough for a hotel purporting to be AA 4 star.
Such a shame because this could be a really nice hotel let down by a succession of easy to fix issues. Maybe management need to have a look around.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We at the Albrighton Hall Hotel & Spa in Shrewsbury very much appreciate all your thoughts.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments and will be addressed accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Beautiful setting, lovely room (upstairs in the School Masters House), very quiet. Well organised and prepared breakfast, very helpful and pleasant staff. Only minor criticism is the limited menu in the Oak Room on an evening, in all other respects very good.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for taking the time to add your lovely feedback to Tripadvisor. The staff and I very much appreciate this.

We are pleased that you fully enjoyed your stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa and found time to fully relax.

I do hope that we can welcome you back when you are next in the area.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Let me start by saying my hotel room in the new part by the little lake was clean, big and a very comfortable bed. there was a fridge I could use, and as I was there for 4 days, and it was hot, most useful. the bathroom was clean and the shower was good.
I was there for a bridge holiday, the room we used was nice, and after I asked, tea and coffee was served for both morning and evening sessions.
It was an inclusive deal, so food wise, the breakfasts were excellent. i'm really irritated with these "smears" of sauce put on plates, it looks silly and there is not enough sauce to actually taste it!! The main courses, the meat/fish were cooked well and plenty of it the veg left a lot to be desired. Carrot batons for 4 days? a bit of imagination would be good, and the potatoes were either the end of the bag or overcooked. The mash was the best use of potatoes in this hotel The desserts were absolutely delicious.
My biggest gripe was the WiFi - utterly useless and ridiculous for a hotel of this standard. It was not just in my room, but all over the hotel. sort it out Mercure! you lost a point because of it!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for your constructive feedback.

I am pleased that on the whole you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa.

With regards to the "Wifi", this was reported to our supplier, however; they confirmed that this was due to the national company carry out work in the area, and far beyond our control.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I was responsible for organising the yearly team get together. Location location location was the key and I had people traveling in from Ireland, Poland, Germany, India and the UK too. Shrewsbury was not too far from the motorway network and airport. The events team at the Mecure were great and we had a pre-meeting to discuss the details. The Rope Adventure on site was a key factor as I wanted some entertainment / team building and an opportunity for drinks and a meal together.

The staff at the hotel were fantastic and the food was lovely and they catered for Halal, gluten free, vegetarian and extra spicy flavours for our visitors. The hotel facilities were perfect and the team all had a great time. I would recommend this venue and combined with the Adventure Rope Course it was a perfect location.

The weather was fabulous so we had drinks and played Jenga on the lawn overlooking the lake.

Thanks again for a memorable team event

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Khmumbaitrip
h6629, General Manager at Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you, so much for your lovely feedback.

I will of course forward your comments to all the staff, who I am sure will be pleased to see that you all enjoyed your stay at Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa and with the use of the Ropes Course.

I do hope that we can welcome you and your colleagues back to Albrighton Hall Hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We stayed here as part of a group and we had a fun filled four days. The staff were very helpful and the facilities were excellent. We were able to use the gym and spa and teh grounds are wonderful just to wander and relax in. Two minor complaints - the free wi-fi is very poor and the rooms we used for our group activities were poorly lit, other than that the food and facilities were excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mike-at-London

Dear Guest,

Thank you, for adding your lovely feedback to Tripadvisor, the staff and I very much appreciate this.

I am so please that you and your party fully enjoyed the hotel, spa and grounds.

I do hope that we can welcome you all back to Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 10 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Albrighton
Prince Rupert Hotel
Lion + Pheasant Hotel
#2 of 16 in Shrewsbury
Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury
The Mytton and Mermaid Hotel

Been to Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!