Booked two rooms for a night away with my sister & husband for her belated 40th birthday, chose Shrewsbury as not too far for just one night (hotel is about 10 mins drive from town centre, taxi on a Sat night only £5 each way). Booked through Mercure website, £98 per room including breakfast. I asked in advance for quiet rooms and we got them, rooms 1 & 2, whilst in main building slightly strange to get there, but the only two rooms on a corner, and quiet as requested. Both rooms were very spacious, four poster bed, fridge (good for the champagne & strawbs we had brought with us), clean (I am very fussy) and comfortable. Reception staff were friendly on arrival and whenever we passed there, also booked us a taxi to town. All other staff encountered greeted us. We all used the leisure facilities, the one criticism would be that to get from the pool & Jacuzzi to the sauna & steam rooms you had to dash through to a freezing cold room where those facilities were based. November not ideal time to explore the grounds but it’s a nice setting. We did not have our evening meal in the hotel as we went in to town (Romolo restaurant & bar thoroughly recommend) but the restaurant looked inviting. Breakfast, buffet style, good & hot, reasonable choice, one of our party very pleased to see black pudding. I only eat eggs scrambled, none on buffet, when I asked, no problem they like to do them freshly in small batches so few minutes later they arrived.
We used the bar once we returned for the evening, hotel bars tend to be dearer on drinks, so be it for a nightcap. There were a good few people in there so had a bit of atmosphere but bit light on bar staff.
Overall we enjoyed our short stay, if we had cause to stay in Shrewsbury area again I would have no hesitation to choose this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 300 year old Shropshire House, a 4 star hotel with 87 en suite rooms, overlooks an ornamental lake in 15 acres of gardens in the heart of Shropshire just 2 miles from the medieval town of Shrewsbury. 30 min from the M6, J10A. Ideal for visiting Chester, Shrewsbury Abbey and the Severn Valley steam railway. Newly refurbished The Orchid Rooms at Inspiration Leisure and Spa offers a gym, fitness classes, a pool, relaxation lounge and thermal suite including a sauna, steam room, ice room, and six treatment rooms, two of which are doubles. 24 hr room service. Free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury
- Albrighton Hall Hotel
- Accor Albrighton Hall Hotel Shrewsbury
- Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel And Spa