“Amazing attention to detail”

Greenbanks Country Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Great Fransham
Fleet, United Kingdom
“Amazing attention to detail”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from visiting family in Norfolk, we chose to stay at greenbanks as even though it was slightly more expensive the facilities looked wonderful
We were not dissapointed, the greeting by the staff was perfect, we were shown to the family room (room 8) which was the size of a small bungalow! Immaculate, beautiful room with a living area and 2 bedrooms, along with a massive shower room.
My daughter was keen to use the pool, it was clean, warm and a good size. We had a lovely swim.
The restaurant... wow. We had a couple of family members join us and it was a late bookjng, they managed to fit us in and the food was incredible. Service was a bit slow but made up for it with possibly the best dessert I have ever had.
Back in the pool at 0730 the next morning!
Well done greenbanks hotel, we will be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Maidstone, Kent
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We visited the restaurant to celebrate a family event and we enjoyed every minute. The service was friendly and accommodating and the food, which was home cooked with local ingredients, was tasty and well appointed, the portions were generous. Due to the weather we were the only guests on this occasion which was somewhat sad, but we were able to make use of all facilities including he welcome drink in the conservatory and in all we have no complaints whatsoever. Greenbanks is definitely recommended and we hope to be back one day.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Alton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Having tried a few others in the area, I stumbled across this wonderful hotel almost by accident and it has become a genuine home-from-home whilst working in Norfolk over the last year.
Greenbanks just gets everything right for me; roomy, comfortable accommodation; wonderful food; friendly, ultra-helpful staff and the swimming pool is the icing on the cake.
Talking of cake, no matter what's on the menu, Jenny and Alex always seems to be able to magic up whatever you want to eat. The normal menu is excellent enough, but the specials have just got better and better! Yum :-)
Whilst the food is not cheap, it does represent excellent value as the quality is high. Just as well then that the pool is there, as I hate to think what size I would now be from too many wonderful meals!
My thoughts seem to echo the other reviews preceding mine, especially when it comes to the staff. I genuinely cannot remember a time when Chloe and Jess haven't been smiling. Brilliant!
Having enjoyed the place so much, my family joined me for a week in the summer to stay in one of the suites in 'The Barn'. These suites are a fantastic place to stay; very high quality and a beautiful setting.
Overall then, a highly recommended hotel, at room rates that are extremely reasonable for the standard of service on offer. Greenbanks is a fantastic antidote to the anodyne chains that become the default choice if you're not careful, so well done Jenny, Alex, Julie, Jess and Chloe; keep up the great work :-)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

Where do I start? I've been staying at greenbanks on & off for almost 6 months. I have stayed in most rooms most off which I love, some of which are undergoing renovation. It's knocks its 4 star "competition" in to a cocked hat (Dunston) with its 5 star food and 6 star staff. The owners care enough to help in any way they can, but you would almost expect that... What you wouldn't expect (I'm my view) is staff that care as much as the owners do. The service is exceptional and I would employ the evening staff (Chloe & Jess) in a heartbeat. To top it off if you have or know anyone with a disability, most rooms cater for it with ease and great taste! As a wheel chair user (I'm not but I'd recommend it to my wheelchair using friends) nothing is out of bounds .. From the pool with hoist, to the step"less" grounds. Well done Jenny, Alex, Julie and the team for a brilliant atmosphere, fantastic food and accommodation and your even better judgment on the staff you hire.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Island of Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

If you are visiting within a 20 mile radius you must stay at this lovely boutique hotel or at the very least, eat there. The rooms & grounds are delightful with bespoke mosaics decorating walls, luxuriously decorated bedrooms & lots of room to move & relax both in your room & in the picturesque grounds - think lake and mini dells scattered around. The staff are a delight & nothing is too much trouble - they picked some home grown English Russet apples especially for me to take home when they discovered I loved them. Add to this a menu of food worthy of Michelin stars & a well thought out wine list that didn't require you to take a 2nd mortgage & you're beginning to get an idea of the delights that await you. The icing on the cake has to be their dedication in providing wonderful meals for an array of special diets. I have Coeliac Disease and my food must be gluten free; the menus are specially designed to include as many different requirements as possible without making you feel like a social outcast or a plain nuisance. Usually when restaurants say GF catered for, they mean most of the meal removed leaving you with a plate containing dry steak & unadorned veg. At Greenbanks there was only 1starter, main & dessert that I couldn't have straight off the menu which was a lovely touch. Think goats cheese with pickled walnuts & sundried tomatoes on gorgeous GF homemade bruschettas, game & venison pie in thick GF pastry & lashing of rich unxious gravy - I could go on for hours. This is a wonderful setting for a wedding or celebration amongst some of the nicest owners it was my privilege to meet. Thank you to everyone at Greenbanks from the youngest waitress to the skilled, delightful owners. I am not a relative or travelogue writer - just a Coeliac from North Wales who had to stay in Norfolk for a funeral & couldn't believe her luck when she stumbled upon this hotel. My only regret is that I don't live nearer.

Room Tip: You are spoilt for choice - we had a converted stable suite with sitting room, huge TV, massive luxu...