The Suffolk Escape
PremierInn.com
US$66
Priceline
  • Pool
Travelodge Ipswich Capel St Mary(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$59
Travelodge
The Marquis(Layham)
US$276
Muthu Belstead Brook Hotel(Ipswich)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$85
PremierInn.com
Hintlesham Hall(Hintlesham)
TripAdvisor
All reviewslog cabinhot tubhis teamwelcome packchocolate cakeattention to detailon arrivalpizza oventhought of everythingfresh eggsrelaxing breakprivate chefboard gameswatching the ducksself cateringeverything you could possibly needlittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We booked a long weekend away in order to relax and get away from it all….and The Suffolk Escape log cabins provided the perfect setting for this. From the moment we arrived and stepped into the stunning cabins, we knew we were in for a treat!

The cabin was fitted out in the highest quality furniture, designed beautifully and everything required for a lazy weekend was provided. The beds were absolutely massive and extremely comfy, the ensuite bathrooms were fantastic, with a huge walk in shower as well as a very deep bath for long soaks. There was also a sound system in the bathroom, so I was glad I'd brought my iPod! It was all just perfect!

Once we had dragged ourselves out of the beds,with the sun streaming through the large doors facing the lake, the rest of the cabin was equally well fitted out. Drinking a coffee on the pontoon, overlooking the lake was a great way to wake up and gather ourselves for another lazy day!

The hot tub was secluded and screened off so you could fully relax but still enjoy the beautiful setting. Finally, once all the hard work of relaxing during the day was done, the cabin was warm and toasty in the evening thanks to underfloor heating in the kitchen and bathrooms and the lovely wood burner. It was just as good watching the flames as watching the 40" telly on the wall!

Thanks to Andrew, the owner, and his team for an amazing three nights. I can't recommend this place enough for complete R&R. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in Lavenham, which benefits from the morning sun. All of the cabins are well situated to ensure privacy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Andrew B, Owner at The Suffolk Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you such a comprehensive review, I am sure others will really appreciate the feedback on what we offer here, it certainly inspires us here! I am pleased to hear your stay did the job in helping you relax and re-energise. I think our gamble to be an "adult only" site was worth it, as it does help to create such a peaceful and tranquil spot that makes it very easy to totally unwind quickly, which I believe is important on a short break.

Have a great 2014
Andrew and the whole team

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The whole experience was just fantastic!!
The communication, the location and the cabin, wow the cabin! What can I say, it was just perfection, everything you could ever want was there. Would definitely recommend for anyone to go and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed

• Stayed: March 2014
Andrew B, Manager at The Suffolk Escape, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, I know from past guests that they find this feedback so useful when deciding where to go and what to do. Also thank you for offering to spread the word, that really helps especially when you are anew small business like us.
Have a great 2014
Andrew and the whole team

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We both wanted a little break after a busy few months, after searching for various breaks I found this little gem. It fitted all our requirements without the long journey. The Cabins are simply amazing, they are warm, spacious and very luxurious. A lot of effort and thinking has gone behind this to ensure you have a magical stay. I loved the hot tub which was amazing under the stars with a glass of champagne and the log fire was a very welcoming when getting back into the cabin. The kitchen was well equipped, the bedrooms was very spacious and the bathroom with the huge bath was wonderful. We enjoyed the long walk around the farm popping in to see the baby lambs, and the tranquillity of the area.
I 100% recommend this place for a break from the rat race of daily life, the only down fall is we only had three nights booked. We can’t wait to go back.
Ps I ask my boyfriend would he like to return here for his 40th or go to Las Vegas, his chosen to return to the Suffolk Escape!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi and thank you for such a wonderful review. It was really our pleasure having you both to stay and thank you for the invite for a coffee out on your deck over the water, I know I am biased but that was a lovely spot to seat and relax for a few minutes...I could not believe how warm it was that morning for March! What an accolade to beat Las Vegas...well it is about as a big contrast as you can get in destinations...the peace and quiet of The Suffolk Escape and crazy Vegas!

We look forward to seeing you both again - hopefully in the summer but I do not know if we can beat that March weather!

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a long weekend with our friends. Did not want to leave! The cabins are beautifully designed and they have thought of everything! Well worth investing in the private chef. Stuart came in on Saturday night and cooked us a wonderful 3 course meal. There are some lovely country pubs near by. We went on a relaxing walk round the farm and spent the rest of our time taking it easy in the hot tub and getting cosy on front of the log burner. Best part for me though was the gigantic bath, big enough for 2 people and the enormously comfortable beds! Thank you Suffolk Escape; we will definitely return :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Gemma, thank you for writing such a wonderful and inspiring review of your stay in our log cabins. I am glad you enjoyed our private chef cooking for you all, he has a real talent and such a friendly chap he keeps you entertained and fed! I was pleased to hear you loved the baths, they are a bit of extra luxury in the cabins. In fact Sir Richard Branson has just put them into he new suites on his private Necker Island in the British Virgin Islands, so he approved of them too!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

We'll what can I say.....................We have just got back from our amazing stay here. Perfect for couples or a family. Pure heaven. Great for long walks or just to relax and unwind. So warm, cosy and clean.
Can't wait to go back! Would highly recommend for a perfect break.
Everything you need is in the log cabin.
Hot tub was pure bliss! You won't want to go home!!! Loved loved loved it!
The place was faultless :)
Wish we was still there. Take me back.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank danig85

Thank you for review of our cabins after your stay last February, we are so delighted you enjoyed your stay so much and reading "The place was faultless" makes all the hard work the team puts in worth every bit. We look forward to hopefully seeing you again one day soon, perhaps in the summer so you can enjoy the outside space more.