We stayed for only one night, late January, in a chilly mid-winter. Easy parking in the small car park, but in high season, this could be difficult. There is however, a public car park just yards away. On checking in, the welcome was warm and genuine, greeted like we were old friends. We had room no. 12 (The Sail Loft) on the top floor. Double aspect windows with spectacular views over Sennen. Actually, it was more like a suite with a dressing room, and an en-suite off the main bedroom. Spotlessly clean, very warm and cosy and beautifully decorated. Lovely selection of toiletries in the bathroom too. We decided to eat in that night and found the food to be good quality and very resonably priced. I will just mention one thing however. I originally ordered a curry from the specials menu. When I tried it, I found it to be a bit heavy on the chillies (much too hot for my taste). The manager immediately offered something instead with no quibbles. What excellent service. The bar area is very 'olde worlde' populated with friendly locals and visitors alike. I noticed other reviewers have commented on it needing a bit of a refurb. Well, this is arguable. I much prefer the eclectic look and loved the mix of old pew-like benches and collection of non-matching tables and chairs. Yes, it did look a bit faded in places, but it was warm, comfy and I felt very much at home. The following morning, we were served an excellent breakfast (lots of choice and vegetarians catered for) and went for the Full English! Freshly cooked, piping hot, and tasted wonderful. I imagine much of it was locally sourced and the bacon tasted like REAL bacon. Great bread too, not the usual 'sliced loaf' variety. It was a shame we could stay only one night but hope to return before too long. And finally, thanks to all the wonderful staff, polite, friendly and welcoming. What more could you ask.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of Cornwall's most stunning bays, the Old Success is a beautiful 17th century fisherman's inn, which has been transformed into comfortable, modern rooms and apartments while retaining its charm and character. With clear blue sea and fine sands, Sennen Cove is a breathtakingly beautiful location. The Old Success boasts magnificent views overlooking the beach and Whitesand Bay towards The Brisons rocks and Cape Cornwall, the only cape in England. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Ebookers so you can book your Old Success Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Success Hotel Sennen Cove
- Old Success Inn Sennen Cove, Cornwall