“Coffee & Cake”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had two Lattes with cakes here today ( carrot cake & lemon blueberry)....great coffee and the best selection of cakes we have seen for quite a while , pastries that were huge!. The 'go to' cafe in Sennen.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

As locals exploring the beautiful area before the peak season, we opted to get a spot of lunch, great looking food, cakes and what you would expect to pay in this area. However we hit the cross over time of the menu at 11.45, we had heard a previous customer ask to order from the breakfast menu, however they were politely informed that this was no longer being served and the lunch menu started at 12.00. We thought this was fair enough and decided we would have a drink and order some lunch, so asked the lady serving if we could pre order our lunch for when the chef was ready, rather than make two separate payments. Was told this was fine if we were happy to wait. Also informed that our lunch would be served to us just after 12.00. We were happily chatting when we realised that four other families that arrived after us were served meals from the breakfast menu before we even got our food. At 12.30 I decided to enquire about our sandwiches and was told they were on the way, had we realised that the breakfast menu was going to be extended we would have made an order from that and then probably had a cake too! Such a shame, because when the food came it really was delicious. Just seemed like they lost track of orders and started bending the rules causing a chaotic experience.

1  Thank Cornwall-Kat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We explored Sennen before needing a tea and cake break. The chaps I were with had two different types of blondie cake (each found their choice appetising). I had a lovely fruity flapjack which was very tasty. Good choice of coffee and teas

The lunches going out to other tables looked very tasty and well presented.

Not cheap but nice

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Spent the whole day in Sennen with my partner and had breakfast at the cafe. Was so good that we decided to go back later on for lunch and once again for tea and some scones - served very well..

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

All tables were full when I entered so I asked for my sandwich as a takeaway. A table became free as I was ordering so I changed my order to eat in. Sandwich was served to me in a takeaway bag but when I pointed out that I'd asked to eat in, it was just dumped on a plate with none of the salad or crisps that the menu promised. I had to ask for the table to be cleared but the server didn't wipe it, despite it being covered in crumbs and sticky drink - grim. I had the cajun chicken sandwich and tbh, at over £7 this was horribly overpriced - no salad or butter, just chicken on dry roll. Could have got something nicer at Greggs. Really disappointed because I'd heard great things about this cafe, food at the tables around me looked good and the cake selection looked wonderful. But poor service and mediocre food massively let it down and I'd never go again or recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank mophead88