“Lunchtime success”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Old Success Inn

Old Success Inn
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated on one of Cornwall's most stunning bays, the Old Success is a beautiful 17th century fisherman's inn, which has been transformed into comfortable, modern rooms and apartments while retaining its charm and character. With clear blue sea and fine sands, Sennen Cove is a breathtakingly beautiful location. The Old Success boasts magnificent views overlooking the beach and Whitesand Bay towards The Brisons rocks and Cape Cornwall, the only cape in England.
Wakefield
“Lunchtime success”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We were having a day on the beach and decided to spend our lunchtime here to get out of the sun and recharge the batteries in time for a further four hours on the beach. I was a little concerned as it was empty at 12-30 when we went in for lunch. I needn't have worried. Great food for both adults and kids alike. I had the admiral pie which was wonderful. The chips that came with my mother in laws fish and chips looked amazing. My only concern is that my daughters pizza came with carrots and cucumber. Fortunately my daughter will eat these veg. If she was a bit fussy she would have been left with just two skinny slices of pizza.

Visited August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Success at last”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

After frequenting several restaurants in St Just. We were very pleased to have tried the Old Success in Sennen Cove. We checked on the reviews and as they were mainly good, booked a table in the restaurant, which is a must! We were very happy with the whole experience, the food was excellent as were our waiting staff, Babs and Vicky, who were very helpful and informative. The view was spectacular and the surroundings of the restaurant provided an excellent atmosphere. They also had some very good ales on tap, which made the evening a bit frustrating as I was driving!! Well done the Old Success. We shall definitely return before we leave!!!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“WONDERFUL FOOD”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

On 20 June we went for dinner at 'The Old Success Inn', which is a nice pub that is situated right beside the beach. The restaurant is always very popular and always full, so I am glad we booked our table back in the Spring.

We were seated at a lovely cosy table for two. My husband and I had bread and olives for our starter. My husband had a burger with lobster, salad and fries for his main course. I had a crab and lobster roll served with salad and chips, the bread for the roll was fresh baked chiabatta. We washed all this lovely food down with a bottle of nice chilled Chardonnay white wine.

We were so full afterwards that we did not bother with a dessert but had a nice liquored coffee. Whilst we were there a local gospel choir came to the pub and gathered outside and sang sea shanties and local songs to help raise money for the Help The Hero's Charity. We sat listening to them they were very good and we gave a donation to the fund.

The food was of very good quality and the service was good. I have read reviews where people have said it has been poor, but for us this was not the case.

Thank You To All The Staff Who Made Our Evening Special.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Carol B
“Good pub favourites”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We had a great early dinner here on their sun terrace looking out over Sennen Cove. We had Mussels and Scampi which were both delicious!

Visited August 2014
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
“Great as usual!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We try to visit Sennen a few times a year and always head to "The Old Success" it's always a friendly welcome and a good pint. The good is great, my fav being the Devilled Whitebait or mussels! Also the best proper cooked chips anywhere! I can highly recommend the Success if you want comfortable surroundings, good food and beer and it's not going to break the bank!