“What a find”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Arrieros

Arrieros
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
West Hollywood
“What a find”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

While we stayed at Finca Montefrio we traveled around to other villages. In the village of Linares, not far from Aracena, we had dinner prepared and served by a very talented local chef. It was food of Spain with a modern twist...not to be missed..and enjoy a conversation with chef and his lovely wife.. You will be so happy that you found this fabulous restaurant.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank rangodog

Melbourne, Australia
“Magnifico!”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My second trip to Spain in a little over 4 years and I was lucky enough to be treated once again to the food sensations of this amazing restaurant.
Our group of 6 hiked, okay, maybe hike is not the right word, followed the walking trail from Aracena to Linares. Don't get me wrong, there are some tricky spots and it is about a 5km each way walk. Just what you need to get the blood pumping and the stomach ready for what it is about to experience.
The majority of our group has dined at Arrieros many times as they are frequent visitors Spain. I had been here before and my mind was searching the database of memories to see what I could recall. The other member of our group had not been here before, so this was his first exposure to the tantalising treats that we were about to feast upon.
Negotiating the twists and turns of this cobbled township was a visual treat in itself. Thankfully we had the 'local' knowledge to reduce the instances of taking wrong turns. This adds another level to the dining experience.
Once we had arrived at the front door which is definitely nothing extravagant, you are not sure if you have located the right place (although there is a tiled sign, which is easy to miss).
Stepping into the large room, you just know by the warmth and feel of the place that this is going to be an experience.
We took our place at our reserved table, that's right, if you haven't booked ahead, especially on weekends, you more than likely will be turned away at the door, and naturally ordered a round of tint con limon - a very refreshing combination of red wine and lemon squash.
There was no need to look at the menu as our 'host' already knew what was going to be ordered for us. Basically we had a selection of dishes that we could all try, instead of ordering a dish per person.
An excellent idea. You definitely won't regret ordering either way, we just love our food and wanted to try the lot (well, as many as we could without having to roll us out the front door... which pretty much happened anyway).
There are dishes for everyone, although, I didn't quite get a handle on what 'special' needs dishes may have been catered for as I didn't check on the menu. I do have gluten issues, however, I just rolled with the momentum of the day as was prepared to accept any unpleasant side effects, as it was definitely worth it. Most of the dishes we had would have been appropriate, so, I am no worse for wear.
My memories certainly came back vivid as ever once the food started to come out. I think our waitress and hostess couldn't believe their eyes when they saw the food disappear moments after the plates had been put on the table... after all, there were 6 of us and we were a tad hungry after our trek. Some of the dishes we had ordered more than one plate of, simply because it was necessary from a taste perspective, not from a portion perspective. I found the portion sizes to be adequate, especially as they were rich in flavour and more would have left you feeling rather uncomfortable and at least a size larger (ps. make sure you wear something that will expand with your waistline).
Our many rounds of tintos, many course and dessert left us with a bill of around Euro 50 each. I think that is very good value for our 3 hour luncheon experience, and for the quality of the food we received. Having eaten in many a restaurant around the globe, the passion this chef displays in what he serves is nothing short of excellent.
If you are in the area, ensure you book a table.
Make sure you give yourself time as this is not an experience you should rush.
Our trek back was a little slower due to the extra weight we now carried. But, we were well fortified to make the journey and another gastronomic experience to add to our experiences.
Thank you Arrieros.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MisterD-01
Seattle, USA
“Wonderful atmosphere, welcoming service but tasting menu a let down”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Another very difficult restaurant to find so make sure you have good instructions and know where to park. It was a very raining night and we struggles for over 30 minutes to find the place and then find parking. I felt lucky to get the rental car out of some of the places I drove into. My wife and I arrived soaked and were greeted by a very helpful hostess. She made us fell very much at home. But we had a very difficult time ordering as our Spanish is almost nil. After struggling for awhile we came to understand that only the tasting menu was offered although initially she indicated we could order a la carte. We are not fans of tasting menus, having been burned more than rewarded. For us, the menu fell flat. The soup was good, fillet great, and the dessert good, but some of the other courses we not to our liking. We would return if the full menu were available at dinner as the fillet would be worth ordering.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mountainmann
north- east England
“V good food and v pleasant service”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Strange to see such a good restaurant in such a small village with very little else going on but it was v enjoyable. We went for lunch on a day whenwe, and one other English couple (from our hotel ! ) were the only customers. The food was v good indeed, Spanish dishes with a nouvelle cuisine sort of twist and such friendly service.

Visited September 2013
Cortelazor, Spain
“Tasting of the Sierra de Aracena”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

What a great restaurant this is, Adela an Luismi thank you very much for great meals and the most friendly service.
The Menú de degustacion gives you a suburb idea of what Luismi has to offer.
Wines from the region vegetables of their own garden and of course the most delicious cerdo Iberico you can eat.

• Visited September 2013