“Sunday Lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Fantastic

On our way from Reading to Mendlesham met my sister and her husband at the Elveden Inn for sunday lunch, which we found a wonderful experience, on entrance we were greet by very pleasant staff and shown to our table, we then all ordered our lunch, once again the staff were first class taking our orders very efficiently, we received our lunch in quick time and it was faultless, tender and well presented. Will go out of our way to pay another visit next time we are in the area

1  Thank portmannroad
Write a ReviewReviews (1,023)

Reviewed 25 February 2013 via mobile

Tried this restaurant once a month for six months.
Sometimes ok sometimes disappointing !
Today approx 20 cloves in bowl of rice made it un edible. all veg was boiled to death and a fish dish was far from good??

2  Thank fuffyNorfolk
Richard GM l, General Manager at Elveden Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Thank you for your review...it is is much appreciated.

Feedback is always good - and I personally value it and respect it very much - and I am grateful for your taking the time and toruble to share it.

I am pleased to read that you are a very regular visitor to our inn...thank you for your support. And I am also pleased that you seem to generally enjoy those visits. We all work very hard to exceed our guests' expectations on each and every occasion, and I am proud to say that we do achieve that, as the vast majority of reviews will testify. However, I am also just as prepared to deal with mistakes and issues if and when they arise.

It is very important to the whole team and to myself that should you not find a dish to your particular liking, that you should tell us and afford us the opportunity to rectify that issue for you. Curries and rice, vegetables and fish all offer a certain amount of room for subjective choice...but regardless of whether it is that or any other issue, my main concern is that every guest leaves having enjoyed a great experience with us. Never be afraid to share your thoughts with us right there and then.

I have no doubt that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our inn in the near future, and I look forward to that...the new Spring/Summer menu is ready and waiting for you to try...!

Best wishes, Richard

Reviewed 25 February 2013

When the restaurant first opened we went for supper with friends, beautiful place, high expectations as not cheap. It was far from good, service bad, food lacklustre. We were told it was teething troubles and please give them a try again. So several months later when a friend said they were having a birthday supper there we thought OK give it a go. It was worse than before, cold food, missing potatoes?? Absolutely diabolical. Pick anywhere else in this area and it will most probably be better.

2  Thank Mike S

Thank you for your review.

It is very difficult for me to comment on it as there is so little that you actually seem to have enjoyed about your whole visit. Equally I am not aware of any feedback during your vist, which frankly I would have expected and would have preferred - it is clearly far more appropriate to deal with issues there and then...and something that we would all have been delighted to do. I very much regret that we did not have that opportunity.

We as a team always strive to offer our guests the very best of service and food...and I have to say that I do feel that we do achieve that - as many, many reviews on here will tell you. I do feel your comments are overly harsh and dismissive, but perhaps I do not understand the issues that you have fully - if you feel that you would like to share them with me, then I will be more than pleased to have that conversation.

Kind regards, Richard

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Visited for Sunday lunch. No roast advertised, if it was, it wasnt very evident. However we did see some appearing on tables.
The menu has no detail about the side orders that come with main meals. Eg. Steak pie. Nothing to say if potatoes are served..this you get asked when you order at the bar, where you are given a choice of potato dishes, but you then have to go back to your table to relay the choice and return to the bar with reviewed order. Veggie dishes were limited. I had risotto, but not best I have had. Nice place for coffee or cold drink, but menu not up to what it claims for the price.

Thank you for your review...it is appreciated.

And thank you for your 4 star 'very good' rating...that is alos very much appreciated.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to us and you found much to enjoy. I have noted your thoughs on the menu - and I am very happy to tell you that since your review we have made some changes on the new menu, making it very clear as to what side dishes can be expected with main dishes. We have also added some more vegetarian choices, to both the main menu and also the 'Specials' boards.

I very much value feedback and I hope that you will feel that your thoughts have been treated with the respect they deserve. I also hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to our inn...and perhaps even teasing a 5 star score out of you next time...!

Best wishes, Richard

Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

We ate here after a day at center parcs. We loved the building - very cosy and welcoming.

I found the beer was very well kept - really liked those from the Wolf brewery.

Menu had a good choice. We had the mushrooms to start - good quality stuffed with blue cheese and leeks - very tasty. I had the chicken and Guinness curry for mains. Had a nice kick with plenty of taste, the homemade chutneys (especially the pear) were very good.

My wife had the trout - great taste, cooked beautifully as were the vegetables.

We wasn't going to have afters, but the menu looked so good we couldn't resist. The chocolate fudge cake was good, but the real find was the Guinness cheesecake - can't describe how good this was!

The staff, notably Kristy, were attentive and friendly.

All in all a very enjoyable evening and we'd come here again.

Thank you for your review - it is very much appreciated!

I am so pleased that your enjoyed your visit to us... We constantly strive to exceed our guests expectations and the fact that we seem to have done that for you is wonderful! I know that the whole team will be delighted.

I will also be very pleased to pass on your thanks to Kristy - she will be thrilled....

I very much hope we will be able to welcome you to our inn again soon...

Best wishes, Richard.