“Christmas time fun!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elveden
Center Parcs Elveden Forest
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Fantastic Father Christmas experience. Snow, lights, music, real reindeer and owls. It's worth it just for that. New style villas are worth the extra, clean and well decorated. I do think the pool needs to be a bit warmer and the prices in the supermarket and sweet shops were a bit .... Special... But it was splendid and I am going to book for next year. My little girl loves it.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Purdita76
There are newer reviews for Center Parcs Elveden Forest

Reviewed 20 November 2012

This was our 3rd break at Center Parcs and our 2nd at Elveden. All visits have been family breaks to celebrate birthdays. We were expecting a pricey weekend -- something you don't mind if you get good value for it -- but I left feeling ripped off (on behalf of my parents in law who paid the bill).

It was a curates egg of a break. There were some good points and some bad. I will go through in turn.

The place was decked out for Christmas -- something our young-un loved. The apartment was clean and tidy, but a bit warm for my liking. The Christmas fireworks were spectacular and made a good start to our last evening.

We chose one adult activity -- field archery. This was really good fun and the instructor was friendly and knowledgeable. A good time was had by all -- even if we were no good.

The children's activity of snowman and santa hunt was diverting enough and the kids loved it.

Now for the "sub tropical" pool. It was possibly sub-Blackpool and not comfortable at all. And the addition of the "cabanas" where you can part with even more money for a bit of poolside privacy just smacked of yet more profiteering.

Finally the food. I don't mind paying for restaurant food which is new, exciting, interesting or just plain beyond my capability. However, with the exception of Hucks who knew how to cook a steak, the rest was just sub-standard. "Dauphinoise" potatoes in Cafe Rouge which were stuck together in cubes -- probably mass-produced at some central depot and shipped out to each of the parks. Way overpriced. And 15 quid for prawns in tomato sauce in Bella Italia which just tasted like cooked prawns with a tin of chopped tomatoes on them -- I knocked up a better "pomodoro" sauce within 20 minutes of returning home.

So, hopefully, never again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2012

We have been to Centreparcs several times but have just come back from the most fantastic weekend. I must say November/December is such a lovely time to visit as it had such a xmassy feel. We did not pay the extra to have a nearer villa but ended up being the nearest we have ever stayed, perhaps as quiter time of year?
My 6yr old and I had great fun on the high ropes, it is expensive but worth it!
We enjoyed the panto - Thought may be a bit dodgy but was made hilarious by the fantastic guy playing Wishy Washy. Was so funny - All parts well played!
Xmas Crafts was good for any little girl who loves this sort of thing.
The Fireworks which are on a Tuesday and Sunday throughout November and December were absolutely fantastic as we watched from outside our villa with hot chocolates and marshmallows -Bliss!
A must do trip to father Xmas again exceeded my expectations, the whole area was decorated well and lots for kids to look at and even kept my lively 2 year old entertained whilst we waited. Once visiting him,it was the longest visit we have ever had and a great father xmas with a lovely present in a lovely handcrafted gift bag and a bonus of 2 nice photos included on the way out.
My daughter enjoyed doing the mystery stocking hunt around the park on her bike finding letters to a clue to get a treat.
Only drawbacks were that we feel the water is getting colder in the pools and the whole swimming area cooler too so can get a little chilly for me, let alone young kids!
The sports bar had the most ridiculous queue as per always and i must have queued 20 mins to get a drink and order food on Saturday lunchtime. More staff on tills needed!
We have enjoyed centerparcs more since we have learned to visit M&S and buy some yummy food to take, rather than the disappointment of their takewaways and restaurants which do have poor service sometimes and are expensive.
Also remembering not to book too many activities which all add up as it is nice to have time to enjoy the beautiful setting, cycling (take own bikes) swimming and parks etc which are all free!

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanna L
Reviewed 19 November 2012

On arriving we were welcomed by a Xmas themed entrance, we left with a feeling of being ripped off.
Center parcs whatever you need to do to ensure the person at the end of the takeaway phone writes down the order, passes to kitchen staff who then pass to delivery staff would be much appreciated. This is our fourth stay and you ruin it each time. It may sound slight, but when one party is left sat waiting an hour for the rest of the order it puts a dampner on it all. Also....
Cars parked out front all weekend ignoring your notes to move them. Spoils the view somewhat to open the curtains in the middle of a forest and be faced with an Audi and a van!
Why do you prevent guests turning DOWN the temperature in he villa it was roasting all weekend despite being single figure temps all weekend.
Food in restaurants mediocre to say the least
Roads seemingly constant busy with cars it was dangerous at times
Xmas fireworks were excellent but ... And I never thought I would say this but I probably won't come back.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Just returned from our first time visit to centre parks (elveden) and could not fault it,loved every minuet.The setting was amazing this time of year and the fact they have gone the extra mile for the festive season was the iceing on the cake.The fireworks on sunday night were fantastic and even santa made an apperance on the lake much to the delight of all the kids. I booked this as our first trip together so wanted it to be just rite and it was.I think you can spend as little or as much as you want and thought it was good value for money.We booked one of the lakeview rooms,very clean,daily maid service and lovely comfy bed. We hired bikes for the break which really enjoyed using apart from our sore bots lol.The whole park was beautifully set out and the staff really friendly. Thankyou centreparcs for a lovely first time visit bound to return

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We recently got back from a weekend stay at one of the resorts villas. It was a cracking break for us all, but there were some massive downsides on the resorts behalf.
The villa we stayed in was brilliant. It was clean on arrival, had comfy beds, and great household appliances. We were situated right by the lake, which was great. We had lots of local wildlife hanging around, right outside the back door, it was brilliant.
On arrival, a couple of us decided to go and hire a bike for the weekend. I am surprised the staff don't wear striped tops and a balaclava when they take your money, as it's bloody expensive! £25 for one adult mountain bike! I would definitely recommend taking your own bikes, as it's a rip off getting them at the resort!
The village square, and its surroundings were really well decorated for the festive season. The resorts shops and such were decent, but expensive, then again you should really expect it. We went to Starbucks for our coffee's, and I wish we hadn't. The service was terrible. Away from the shops was the swimming pool, and sports plaza. The pool itself was great. It had some really fun slides, and an insane rapids (do expect to come out with many bruises!). Great fun for all the family. The sports plaza had a few bars, some tennis courts, an arcade etc. Again, very expensive. Even some arcade games usually priced at £1, were well over that! The rest of the resort was very scenic, and real cosy at night when walking around wrapped in all your winter clothes. But the lighting was awful, which makes walking at night very difficult, and dangerous!
We didn't take part in any activities this time, as it' far too expensive for what you get. We only took a visit to the Spa, which would have been more enjoyable if it wasn't for our towels and robes being constantly stolen, which had our locker keys attached to them!
All in all, an enjoyable holiday, but far too expensive, and in need of some major adjustment!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Stayed here as a family at the end of the summer 2012. This is our fifth time at Elveden Forest, have been to two of the other Center Parcs villages but we come back to this one for a number of reasons. The weather is generally better than those further up the country and the terrain is flat unlike Longleat. This makes it much easier with the children even though they are getting older now. There is less chance for speeding downill accidents on the bikes and generally getting around is so easy yet you still get loads of exercise.

Another reason we go back is that there has been a lot of modernisation of the village and there are great restaurants which do differ from the other villages most notably the revolving restaurant and Rajinda Pradesh. The restaurants on the whole are good though each time we have regretted going to Hucks Diner which is not of the same standard, so this time we avoided it. Bella Italia and Rajinda Pradesh are the best with Cafe Rouge also right up there. For a special treat breakfast in the revolving restaurant is always a big hit.

Accomodation, I recommend an Executive Villa near to the centre. Executive villas have full housekeeping service included but also as they are located near to the centre if you have children of a certain age then (mine are 10 and 13) then you are very happy to let them ride off to the centre, send them on errands to the shops and go off for activities while you relax elsewhere. I wouldn't however recommend these for people with young children as they are located around the lake which is deep water and which is more or less righ outside your villa. The accomodation standard is good and you will find everything you want for either self catering or for just a base.

The best tip I can give is to alwasy book your activities in advance online which you can do from six months before travel, otherwise you can end up disappointed. Restaurants too, you are unlikely to get a table in peak times if you haven't booked these in advance online (or by phone). With the cycles we have never taken our own and find the bikes on site perfectly adequate to be honest you can book these online but at the Cycle Centre they are very helpful and if you are not happy with the one you have they will always swap it for a better model for no extra charge.

For us it is a holiday the children always enjoy, we tend to go every two - three years as when the age of the children changes their needs evolve so you get to enjoy parts of Center Parcs you haven't experienced before. For me personally I'm happy if the children are happy by I prefer it if I can afford a foreign holiday too to get my sun and relaxation but that can often not be possible when there's been a Center Parcs trip because trust me it is expensive evn though worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sunburyholidaymaker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elveden
Best Western Priory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Thurston
Park Farm Hotel
Park Farm Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hethersett

Been to Center Parcs Elveden Forest? Share your experiences!