9,400 results
All reviewswinter wonderlandaqua sanaswimming poolpancake housegreat funsports barall ageshired bikesbed lodgequad bikingten pin bowlingschool holidayscafe rougecaptive audienceroller skatingmid week breakadventure golf
Reviewed 10 June 2014

So this was my first visit to a centreparcs and I have to say it did live up to expectations. From the moment we arrived the whole thing was very well organised and straightforward. The standard of our lodge was great - I think they had only recently been refurbished. Yes it is not cheap to book and yes you do have to pay for most of the activities but given the amount of money they obviously pump into the facilities I'm not surprised, so you get what you pay for. The swimming pool and various rides inside were brilliant. There were plenty of places on site to eat and although the parc was 99% booked during my stay we never struggled to find somewhere to eat. I've seen people moan about the prices of the food but as far as I could see they were comparable with high street equivalents. Get a bike it's worth it as the place is massive and depending on where your lodge is you could have a fair walk to the central area.

Room Tip: Go for a lodge nearer to the centre. We were worried about noise but this wasn't an issue at all
3  Thank Rob M
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was a bit dubious when my best mates Mrs told me we where going to centre parcs for his 25th (me and him are like toddlers at the best of times!) so all the way up to the car ride, there was a some what worried feeling as to what was to await. I visited when I was 4/5 so I can't fairly compare! It was brilliant, we hired bikes for the week (£26 each for the week!) we stayed on the edge of Birch so was 5-6 minute ride to the middle. We done a weeks shopping before hand so ate breakfast, some lunches and dinner (apart from the birthday night) which was even cheaper than staying at home for the week! I wasn't to sure what to make from reading on here regarding pricing. Between the four of us it was competitively priced compared to a weekend at the beach. £7.50 each for 45 mins of badminton (inc eqpt hire) and 45 mins of bowling. Even cheaper for an hours squash and ping pong! The swimming pool, which is free, is brilliant, lots of slides and rapids to keep a group or family entertained for a while! An added bonus for me was the wildlife, it was so tame, my mate and his Mrs did warn me that they literally come into the house, I thought they where joking, the first morning we had a squirrel in the front room. We are already looking to go back next year. I would recommend it to both families and couple groups. it was worth every penny!

Room Tip: out the back, birch or pine, away from the middle, come on 400acres isnt that big!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I came to Center Parcs as a child with my brother and cousins, I now being my own children here (still with my brother!) and I can honestly say that we still love it here. The pool alone is worth every penny, especially the cyclone! We have, and will continue to, return here year after year for a quality family break with something for everyone.

2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is ny 4th year running at Center Parcs, but first to Elveden as we normally go to Sherwood. I loved it! We had lunch on Friday in the Sports Bar and then took a lovely walk to get our bearings and sat outside in the sun at The Forrester. Our accommodation was absolutely fine (they are very much of a muchness unless you pay extra).

I found Elveden much easier to get around - everything seems a little bit closer together and easier to find. The bin cupboard broke on our first night and we reported it to guests services en-route to swimming the next morning, by the time we got back from swimming it had been fixed. Great service so hats off to them for their efficiency.

We were very lucky with wildlife at our lodge - we were visited by lots of ducks (including babies), a beautiful bird I've never seen before, squirrels and deer! Very tame deer - having never seen deer so close before we were amazed by these beautiful animals. They were stunning and we couldn't believe our luck.

Overall we had a fantastic weekend and we were 3 very sad ladies whilst packing to leave on Monday morning. We'd only been there half an hour on Fri when we started making plans for next year's CP break. Prices checked and we will be booking on payday. Brilliant time had again - can't fault any of my breaks here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We've been to center parcs a few time, our kids have always loved it. This time they were 8,6.5 and 2. The swimming experience is amazing. The new kids area is fantastic especially for my 2 year old with slides, water jets and warm water for parents to relax and watch them play. My older kids loved the larger slides and the cyclone - go backwards if you dint like that sort of thing but the kids want to go! Eleven us great for cycling - our kids had just taken their stabilisers off and a week of cycling has made them confident bikers. The trailer was perfect for the 2 year old and sell our stuff! The lodge was comfortable and well equipt. We loved seeing "squibbels", deer and ducks come tight up to our window. We also loved building a den in the forests in our "back yard". The kids loved laser quest but I think it's a bit expensive especially if you want to do a few activities. There is enough yo do though without booking too much which is great. You can also rent DVDs (more selection would be nice). Remember to take £1 for the lockers and plastic bags to cover your bike seats if you get caught in the rain!

1  Thank Pinnola470