9,400 results
All reviewswinter wonderlandaqua sanaswimming poolpancake housegreat funsports barall ageshired bikesbed lodgequad bikingten pin bowlingschool holidayscafe rougecaptive audienceroller skatingmid week breakadventure golf
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from family holiday there was 12 of us we had fantastic time we had 2 villas and both great and clean everybody kept telling me how expensive it was but didnt find that at all. We done lots of activities. Nobody has seemed to mention that the staff are friendly, imformative and most of all happy at all times thank you for a great holiday i will definatly be back

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We booked a four day break, and it was going to be our first time at Centre Parcs, so expected great things. The accomodation we booked was a new style executive lodge, on arrival it was appeared clean, but did have some sort of smell lingering inside, smelt like the previous party had enjoyed an indian meal banquet, opened the windows and patio doors, and the smell did go away, but soon returned when windows etc, were closed. Obviously some of the cupboards weren't checked prior to our arrival as there were various bags/packets of opened and closed food, carrier bags and receipts in them, not a brilliant start. I phoned guest services, who eventually sent the house keeping team round to remove the items.
This is my main complaint with Centre Parcs. I have a very minor disability (an ileostomy or stoma), and I was denied access to the swimming pool complex because of my ileostomy, due to apparently health and safety. I feel totally disgusted at how I have been treated by Centre Parcs. They even went as far in saying that I could only enter the swimmimg pool complex if I was fully clothed. I think that their decision (Centre Parcs) in this day and age is totally unacceptable and disgusting, and I have submiited a complaint already. I also had a very disappointed 5 year old who couldn't go swimming. Center Parcs were quick enough to take my money, but when it come down to it, they wouldn't allow me to use the only free activity on site, so the holiday got a little expensive. Please Centre Parcs, make sure that this discrimination never happens again, it's just down right unacceptable!!!
Apart from what I have mentioned, we didn't let their arrogance spoil our holiday. Will I go again....probably not unless they change their view on allowing me to use their swimming pool.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Stupot0572
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed Mon to Fri arriving on the 19th May.
We choose to stay in a woodland lodge as they have always been perfect for us in the past.
Check in was easy and as we arrived on site early we had a lovely first day swimming and having lunch in the swimming pool cafe.
The only gripes that we had about the accommodation were that the floors were soaking wet when we went in, the cleaners had obviously only just left as they had also left a half finished cup of coffee on the side. At least wash the cup up to hide the evidence. I was also surprised to find that they turn the fridges off at 10am when you depart. Having a cool box full of food that urgently needed to go in the fridge was not ideal. So we turned on the fridge and after 3 hours it was no cooler. So after 3 calls to a rude lady at guest services we finally had a lovely maintenance man out who said that the fridges were the bain of his life and that you must store all food to the front as the air doesn't circulate. We did as instructed and it took 2 days to get properly cold! Our first night was wasted waiting in and constantly looking out for someone to knock.
After the first night we had an amazing holiday. Our 3 year old loved Center Parcs. We went swimming everyday, played on the parks, did sword fighting and went on the teddy bears picnic. We highly recommend this as it was great value for money.
All in all a great break and we would love to go back again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We have just returned from another short break to Elveden Centre Parcs. The village wasn't too busy, the site was clean, the accommodation inside was modern, clean and bright, although the outside of the lodge needed a sweep as it was dusty. And of course the weather was fantastic, which always helps.

We ate at the Foresters' Inn one night. Like all CP restaurants, it is a chain, burger & chips type affair. Pricey for what it is and the quality is not that exciting. We had actually taken all our food with us for the three nights (best way to keep the cost down) and didn't plan to eat out at all, but plans changed and it was a birthday meal for another person in our party, so we went along. The food was perfectly fine, just a little over-priced. The kids loved it though as they were off playing at the indoor play area which meant the adults could sip wine at a leisurely pace.

The pool was clean, the new Venture Cove for babies and toddlers is amazing, and of course the Cyclone ride never fails to impress.

The accommodation was fine. But no BBQ! Only a BBQ stand. A little annoying as we took coal but no bucket BBQ, so ended up having to buy two disposable BBQs from the parc market, and they're not the best to cook on.

Anyway, despite a few little grumbles, this was another fantastic trip to CP, great to be staying somewhere so peaceful and with lots on offer to keep the kids entertained.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stay at Elvedon every couple of years, either with family and friends. We will always be back as its so lovely and peaceful. The only thing I would give low marks for is the up keep of the villas and the prices.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends