“not worth it”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fern Bay
Bathurst, Australia
“not worth it”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We recently stayed two nights at this motel and in our opinion it was not worth the approx $120 we paid for a "deluxe" room. Office staff were friendly however that could not make up for a couple of issues. The sign out the front said "Pool" and "Foxtel". It was quite hot and we wanted to have a swim...no pool. My husband wanted to watch the football...no Foxtel. (New management had not renewed the subscription). The beds were very firm, I ended up using the bedspread and blanket under the sheet for padding...even then it was difficult to sleep due to a cricket in the ceiling making a high pitched noise (lucky I had earplugs). Room was also not serviced until mid afternoon. When returning to the motel after dark, about 8.30pm, the sign was not lit and we missed the driveway.On the plus side it was fairly quiet even though on a main road and convenient location for our purpose.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank clapnpam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Campbelltown, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 25 February 2013

the room was disgusting the place should be bombed there was a baby cockroach in the bathroom the shower was mouldy the room smelled musty i didn't even want to stay there after i walked in do yourself a favour and find somewhere else for $115 a night this place is a disgrace.

Room Tip: don't bother
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia F

Travellers are raving about these Fern Bay hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 July 2012

find another hotel is all I can say.
yes price was average $85, BUT it's not worth it.
rooms were very small, dark & basic, bathroom you have to walk sideways.
heating did NOT work, I froze all night, bed NOT comfy.
I stayed 2 nights, NO room service was done & I wasn't told.
no shops nearby to eat.
there was only 1 other car at motel so that says it all!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank aussiesenior2
INVERELL
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Yes the room we had was clean and suprisingly spacious, but that is all the positives I can say about this place.
Upon arrival, the gentleman at the front desk could barely say 2 words to me. He didn't even get my credit card details, car rego number or sign any paperwork when I checked in! When we got to the room, I was taken back, but not deterred by the out dated furnishings. The room had a very stale smell in it. If I had the time to see reception about it I definitely would have.
The shower had little to no water pressure and the toilet wasn't very clean and the air conditioing was so noisy-very loud!
The location didn't bother me as such, because it was only a few (about 7km) from a venue we needed to go, but if anyone decieds to stay at Links Motel, please do not rely on the taxi service. It was half an hour late on the way to the venue, and on the way home, one didn't even show. We ended up having to walk the 7kms back!! By the time we got back, we were looking forward to bed, only to find the mattress was rock hard with a broke headboard.
Check out time couldn't have come fast enough. At least the woman at the front desk in the morning seemed much more pleasant.
What I was hoping to be a good weekend getaway with my husband, turned out to be a nightmare in my books, and I'm sorry but Links Motel was a contributing factor. For the $125/night I paid, it was not worth it. I have stayed in much better places for the same price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria M
Maribor, Slovenia
Reviewed 24 January 2012

The motel is situated at the main road so it's easy to find although you might pass it as they are no signs before the motel itself. The whole motel looks a bit shady and is in need of thorough refurbishment.

The room was very small and so was the bathroom. If you are a bit taller/bigger you’ll find it difficult to use the toilet. Although everything looked quite clean I didn’t feel too comfortable using the kitchenware and have experienced few problems trying to get the kettle to work. The refrigerator was very loud but at least it was working. I was glad I have stayed only one night but I guessfor that price I should not expected any better.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank KNellas
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I had made a booking and paid a deposit $110.00, unfortunately I needed to cancel the booking, I gave 72 Hrs notice on the 12Dec11 to the motel via E-mail. Numerous E-mails and phone calls, the motel refuses to acknowledge my request for a refund. Be very very, aware, when paying a deposit to this establishment, they will not return it to you. In my way of thinking that could be called, Fraud. Oh, the deposit was paid on the 25/11/11.

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Chris W
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Shabby but guess okey for money spent . Staff not so friendly.

• Stayed June 2011
#14 of 22 in Newcastle
Sleepy Hill Motor Inn
Sleepy Hill Motor Inn
#2 of 3 in Raymond Terrace

Been to Newcastle Links Motel? Share your experiences!