All reviews continental breakfast country house front of the house muesli cornish countryside lovely furniture fawlty towers on arrival large room beautiful building lots of hot water old house lovely house home made nice breakfast decent size camel trail
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Avoid this place at all costs.. it is not how described .
We booked this as a baby moon before our little one arrives in December. From the pictures it looks like it has an old charm. So we were given room 11. By the looks of it we were the only people staying .. the room was at the back of the hotel. We walked down a long corridor of picture of walls and wall paper hanging off. We entered the room - the smell!!! I can’t begin to tell you about the smell it was vomit worthy. The stains on the carpet where disgusting. Curtains thred bare and not to mention the dust. It was beyond grim!! After 5 minutes of utter shock and disappointment We decided to cut our losses . The tipping point was the stagnant water in the kettle .
I couldn’t sleep here never mind eat in that place . We have now been refused a refund despite it being wrongly described and not staying . We then thankfully managed to find lovely hotel 30 mins to enjoy the rest of break.
Please don’t waste your money!!!! Because you will not receive a refund!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trek522151
Reviewed 7 September 2018

My son and I had a 2-night stay here in August and we couldn't fault it. The house itself is beautifully decorated and well-looked after, and in a lovely peaceful setting. The staff, particularly the couple who own Tredethy, were friendly and welcoming. Our room was big and spacious. One little quibble would be that breakfast was Continental only, and as breakfast is part of the whole B&B experience, it would be nice to have more choice. However, I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

A beautiful, imposing property with lovely period features throughout. Rooms very comfy and spacious. Enjoyed a drink in the bar later at night and having a chat with Marco the owner who was friendly and welcoming. Will be back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This was our fifth visit to Tredethy House and we shall return again!
The venue is ideally situated for travelling around Cornwall with the nearby Camel Trail for cyclists/walkers.

Marco is a great character who has always been very accommodating, friendly and very helpful.
He kindly offered to cook a most delicious meal on our arrival.
He was only too pleased to book a very charming local restaurant at St Tudy plus a taxi cab to and from.

We have always found the quality of the rooms/dining to be of excellent standard.

On reading some of the negative comments here I find them quite disturbing and totally uncalled for and make me think they must live in palaces like the Queen!

Hooray for Marco and Tredethy House long may they continue to thrive.
See you soon - Maggie & Mr Evans

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I was away on business and looking for a quiet, good value place to stay.

I had a large room with a very, very comfortable bed. Huge bathroom, with a integrated bath and shower; lots of hot water, but a bit light on shower pressure so resorted ot the bath.

Wifi was intermittent in my room, but hey, I am in the middle of the countryside and it was nice to leave the world behind for 24 hours.

Nice glass of red before bed, sensibly priced and served in a small carafe. Continental breakfast was excellent and nice choice of meats and cheese, yoghurt, fruit and muesli.

Room tip: Room 3 was very quiet, and good drapes kept the light out, but windows openned wide for fresh air.
Date of stay: July 2018