“Don't Miss This Gem”
Review of The Coach House

The Coach House
Ranked #2 of 2 Potton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 June 2012

We stayed for one night on our tour around Norfolk / Suffolk, this was our last stop until we headed for home.

We arrived during the afternoon, there were many people in the bar chatting having coffee or a drink, all ages, it was a most convivial & relaxing atmosphere.

We had a couple of drinks in the lovely bar before dinner. There were some guest beers and the owner happily suggested my husband have a sample taste before deciding on a pint.

We were chatting with a friendly local and another man who obviously makes it his overnight stop when on business – I can see why.

It is a most relaxing, friendly & well-decorated bar, with clearly much thought.

In relation to dinner – the food was fantastic, the chef has an excellent touch, everything we had was delicious, well executed and worthy of any London Michelin starred restaurant.
The triple cooked chips were the best I have had.

Our room was lovely, with fresh white linen & towels. The bathroom had a bath & shower it was clean spacious & contemporary. We had a lovely view over the square & the famous clock which did not disturb us at all – in fact we loved hearing the chimes.

Breakfast was very good too – juice, cereal & full English or any permutation, it would have been nice to have some marmalade or preserves – we didn’t ask but I am sure would have been brought like a shot.

All in all I cannot recommend the Coach House Potton highly enough. The new owners are a lovely local young couple & have only been owners for 7-8 months.
If they continue in this way (I have little doubt they will) they will certainly be on to a winner.

We wish them both good luck and hope to be able to return.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kim9

Reviewed 15 January 2012

We stayed for 1 night at the Coach House in Dec 2011. We didn't actually eat at the place so I can't comment on that but if you are looking for somewhere to stay then I wouldn't recommend this place. We booked a double room which was very old and tired looking and definitely wasn't worth the £80 that we paid. When we returned to our room in the evening we discovered that the curtains were not big enough so did not meet in the middle which meant our room was illuminated from the Christmas lights that were hanging out in the square right outside our window - they did go off eventurally around 11.30pm. The room we were staying in overlooked the square at the front and was opposite the library which has a clock above it and which we discovered chimed every hour day and night!! As the building is old there is also no double glazing which mean we heard every car that went past and even people walking. All in all we did not get a good nights sleep at all. The next morning we were due to have breakfast as part of our rate but I went down to speak to the owners to tell them we were not going to stay for breakfast as we had hardly slept and just wanted to head home for some sleep which was a 2 hour drivfe away. It would have been nice if we were offered some compensation or a discounted room rate as we were awake most of the night and we didn't actually have the breakast. On returning home I emailed the owners again to advise them of the problems we had with our stay and they haven't even bothered to reply to me.

2  Thank Claire T

Been to The Coach House? Share your experiences!