“Great style, food and always a friendly welcome! Real Ale too!”
Review of The Coach House

The Coach House
Ranked #2 of 2 Potton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2014

A lovely inn with traditional style and some modern design twists. Lovely updated rooms with great showers. Creative food and traditional favourites combine with excellent presentation and some unusual twists, e.g. several vegetarian specials this week. Hard to get into sometimes because it's so popular! Attention to detail is one of their traits and Bel, Chris and team are to be congratulated on their successful, popular and winning venue.

Room Tip: Rooms vary in size so if you want a large one ask, but all are stylish and with comfy beds.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen T

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Highly recommend The Coach House for a stay and a meal when in the area. Staff very friendly and location lovely. Great food and relaxed atmosphere. Already discussed with the wife that we should visit sometime soon...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Phil W
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I arrived at the Coach House relatively early in the day after flying in to Heathrow at 5am. It was a little hard to work out how to get in as the front door of the pub was locked and no-one seemed to be about. I took a bit of a walk and found an open back door, and from there it was all very easy. The Coach House is a pub with a few rooms (not sure how many) upstairs. The pub and rooms have been renovated (a little bit of work still going on during the day in April 14) and everything looks great. My room was on the first floor and was outstanding with a really well done renovation - exposed timbers, timber floor and very modern equipment in the bathroom. The only issue was no real space for work - there's dresser that you can put your laptop on, but it's not a work desk. Plenty of room downstairs in the pub where you can work if you are okay with a bit of noise. The pub is great; warm, comfortable, friendly with a good range of drinks. It's great to mix with the very friendly locals and pat the dogs lying around on the floor! My colleague and I decided to stay in for dinner and were extremely happy with our decision. The food was outstanding! My entree, pigeon was my favourite dish of my stay (I had it again the next night too). The bed was very comfortable, but the room was a little cold as I couldn't work out how to turn the heating on - I should have asked. I would definitely stay here again and will likely do so for a night or two when I'm back in the UK with my family later this year. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Make sure you book the restaurant when you're booking your stay - the food is brilliant, so it g...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank natbrown75
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a bit of a local watering hole for myself and my friends. The beers is always all kept, and the staff are always great, even if we have all just been out for a run! A nice touch is that you can buy bowls of nuts or smarties to munch on which is bit different to the normal pub nibbles. Coffee and cake on a sunday morning is always good as well. Dogs are welcome in the bar!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marky_Potton
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had a delightful evening at the coach house. We booked on the day as it was an unplanned visit. Sunday roast was lovely, a great selection of drink and beautifully refurbished rooms. We stayed in room 7 and it was spotless and gorgeous with a shower and sink in the room with a separate toilet. Could not recommend this little hotel more. Excellent value too with breakfast included.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 865emmag
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Revisited after a wonderful refurb. We must congratulate them on the brilliant improvements made to this grand building. The room we had was small but included everything you need and it has been done to a very high standard. The only thing we would recommend is that if you require an evening meal, you book along with the room. On arrival we found they had no availability for us to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jan k
ChrisWoodcraft, Owner at The Coach House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay in our brand new room. We are really proud of the rooms we have finished and can't wait to finish the last few mid May. Im sorry to hear we could not fit you in for dinner, we will prompt guests when booking from now on to avoid any disappointment. We look forward to seeing you again when you are in the area so you can experience one of our other bedrooms, each is slightly different with its own little features.

Reviewed 14 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night as I was on a training course in the area . Stayed in other hotels when I ve been in this area before but this is by far the best and excellent value . I booked a large double and was not disappointed. The hotel is currently being in renovated and my room was gorgeous ! Lovely bathroom and the Bramley bath products were lovely . The food was beautiful and breakfast the following day was great ! Have already booked to stay again in a few weeks when I m on another training event .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank heleneveson

Been to The Coach House? Share your experiences!