“Dreary”
Review of Cohunu Koala Park

Cohunu Koala Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Byford
More attraction details
Owner description: Hand feed free-roaming animals such as koalas, deer, kangaroos, dingoes and the many birds in the giant aviary.
Perth, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dreary”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Oh dear, a very dreary place. I've always meant to take the kids and finally did, but really very dull. Not a blade of green anything anywhere, very hot. Listless unstimulated birds staring in cages. $25 extra to hold a koala. And buy... popcorn? Not many animals interested, besides the "Don't feed - on diet" ones. Very disappointed. I generally like to support people who have a commitment to animals, but think you would be much better served going to Caversham Wildlife park, where kids will get MUCH more animal interaction, free pats of koala, and if you line up, wombat etc, and brilliant Molly's Farm. Free animal feed and beautiful grounds to boot. We didn't stay long at Cohunu - too hot and too dull, sorry.

2 Thank Nols212014

• Indonesian first
Littleborough, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Wonderful family run park”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

My daughter, friend and I spent a lovely afternoon at the park. We didn't mind paying the extra £25 dollars to cuddle a koala, as it helps toward the animals' upkeep. It was well worth the money. The caged birds are all rescued from people who kept them as pets and have either passed away or are unable to care for them anymore, so the cages they are in now are a lot bigger than they were accustomed to previously. I think a lot of the reviews are very untrue and exaggerated. If you want to cuddle a koala then expect to pay for it!

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Sofia12Littleborough
Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“will never go again!”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Terrible! do not go! animals were all hot and unhappy in the direct sun during a 40 degree day.. there were a few times I actually wondered if a few of them were even alive!
I went to buy some popcorn!! to feed the animals and a few bottles of water .. and the extremely rude and dim witted woman behind the till.. tried to bend my slightly bent atm card back the other way.. and ended up snapping it into 3 pieces..and then tried to fix it with sticky tape while a whole line of people were waiting to purchase water and animal food!
I now have to waste my time re ordering a new card.. when I have had ZERO issues using my old one!
and to top it all off.. their eftpos machine broke.. so none of our group could fork out 25 dollars to have a photo with a koala.
the only good thing about this place is when a whole bunch of people came up to me to comment about the absolute idiot behind the till who broke my card!
that they also could not believe someone would be so stupid as to bend someone's card until it SNAPS!
DO NOT GO!

2 Thank JESS r
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Quality Aussie Bush/Wildlife Experience”
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Cohunu is a bit of a drive from Perth, but it is good value~! The park is situated in some classic Aussie bush and the variety of wildlife is enough to entertain the whole family for the duration of your visit. Our family especially enjoyed the miniature train ride ($4/person) which gave us a nice overview of the park and let us sit down and enjoy some breeze on a hot summer day. We didn't pay to cuddle koalas (9 of us in attendance) but we did cuddle lots of kangaroos & wallabies!~

Bergen, Hordaland, Norway
“Want to hold a koala? This is the place!”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I was here to fulfill my longtime dream and that was to hold and cuddle a koala. If you want that this is the place to go! You get to take loads of photos and the animal keeper took some photos of me and my boyfriend as well. You also get to feed and cuddle the kangaroos there and some other animals like deer and ponies. You will need a car to get there and I dont think they serve any food, but that didnt matter to me cause I was there for the koalas..not to eat.. I had the day of my life :)

Ps! Yes, you have to pay 25 dollars to hold a koala, BUT I think its totally worth it! If you think about it its not that expensive and it is like a donation to the park to keep it open.

Visited December 2013