“Immaculate”

Astoria Retreat Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were fortunate to stay here for 2 nights whilst on a 3 month tour of Australia. It was easy to find and had plenty of parking. and within walking distance of places to eat in the evening. The whole place is immaculate, which is a huge bonus in my book!!
The bed was very comfortable, there was air conditioning, it was quiet and had a lovely bathroom. The breakfast was lovely as were the hosts....what more could one want from a Bed and Breakfast???

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bluemel

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed for 2wks on business, cannot recommend it more highly. Lovely people, lovely room. Everything I needed, spotlessly clean with lots of personal touches and friendly advice. Breakfast was fantastic with plenty of choice. Would come back again quite happily. Several good takeaway options near - Putong Thai just around the corner is great and good value. Thank you so much Natalie and Michael for making my stay so comfortable.

Room Tip: Front rooms get a lovely breeze in the afternoon
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Astoria Bnb is my new home away from home — beautiful people, peaceful, well equipped and cosy! Michael and Natalie are just wonderful, kind, generous and so hospitable. So glad I found this gem in the plethora of average Perth accommodation options, cannot wait to visit again, highly reccomended!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Good value, friendly, well appointed, very comfortable. Arranged my book-in time and Michael met me at the door then showed me around. Natalie is a great cook and I really enjoyed her omelette. Was close to Lansdale where I was working... so really convenient. Claudio's pizza shop just around the corner does the best vegetarian pizza I have ever had! Will stay there again if working in the area.

Room Tip: I had the spa bath room - bathroom was big and luxurious.
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I was in WA on business and needed simple accommodation on the East side of Perth. Communication was clear. I rang to confirm my late arrival (9.30pm) as I left the airport and was met and welcomed on arrival. Room was neat and tidy. Bed was VERY comfortable, and sheets and pillow were of a nice quality. I had a room with ensuite which allowed for privacy and enjoyed it.

Breakfast was basic continental (with hot options available if you wish to pay). The hosts noted that I enjoyed their fruit salad and so on day 2, they kindly provided additional fruit chopped and prepared especially for me. Nice touch and appreciated.

The surrounds are suburban, and flat. Had a run on my second morning (prior to brekky), and the pool was perfect once I returned. It's only a small pool, but it's all you need for a quick dip and refresher at the start (or end) of a long day.

It's not a 5 star hotel, but it doesn't claim to be. But it met my expectations perfectly and I'll be returning when I'm next in Perth for business (in about 6 weeks).

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Excellent place to stay. We've had an amazing time over the new year holidays and will definitely coming back. Michael and Natalie were very warm, welcoming and friendly. Its in a quiet location, close to shops, restaurants and not far from the city. I would highly recommend the Astoria. I've got a lot the Astoria postcards and will send them all to my friends and work

Room Tip: Please call them and ask as they are very helpful.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

Our first time trying out Bed n Breakfast for accomodation. And Astoria B&B did not fail us at all :) We arrived after midnight but still was warmly welcomed by Michael (one of the hosts) who was ready with info on the different halal eateries there for me n my husband. Once we went to our silver suite room, i felt really at home as the bed was so comfortable n the room..plus toilet was so clean and tidy. The next few days, we had a good breakfast in the garden accompanied by the friendly and bubbly host, Natalie. i love the fresh fruits that were served for breakfast! my husband n i decided to take the public bus for our sightseeings n i really love it as it means taking a nice romantic stroll from the bus stop to Astoria (only abt 5-7 mins walk). Will definitely stay there again!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shrekie13

Been to Astoria Retreat Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!