“Absolute [--] - Pitch Your Tent Down the Road”
Review of Madura Roadhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madura
Madura Roadhouse
Hobart, Australia
“Absolute [--] - Pitch Your Tent Down the Road”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The grottiest, most overpriced motel I have ever stayed in. Although the sheets and pillow cases were clean, the pillows were stinky, I had a look under pillow case and they were putered. Cold shower, which leaked all over the floor.
When we asked if we could use the BBQ or camp kitchen in the caravan park behind the motel which they run, they said 'there is none, you have to eat in the restuarant'. We used our gas cooker on the tailgate of our ute outside our room.
Next night we stayed in our tent at a free roadside camp - much better option!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank JillianFromHobart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I stayed at Madura Roadhouse for one night August 2013. The staff were very friendly and the food very good. They have almost anything on the menu. Fresh vegetables, fish, etc. delivered every Friday.
The room clean but worn out.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Toelie C
Canberra
Reviewed 20 June 2013

A touch of renovation could do wonders to this place. The basic structures seemed sound enough, but the carpet in our room was threadbare and the curtains literally moth-eaten. The whole effect was as worn out and tired a hotel/motel as I have ever stayed in. And not that cheap either.

Food is also provided onsite, and the meats were fine, but the veges of the boiled to death variety and pretty unappealing. I would say stay somewhere else, but from memory this was one of the better places along the Nullarbor route.

1 Thank cpagia

Travellers are raving about these Madura hotels

Perth, Australia
Reviewed 20 June 2013

You can't be too fussy with accommodation when driving across the Nullarbor so Madura ticked all the boxes...just. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The meal in the restaurant was very good (I ordered roast chicken, my partner had a curry). The rooms very basic and dated. Bathroom clean considering the age of the building. Hanging at the door of the motel was a stinking tin for cigarette butts - if you are a non smoker (which most people are) this is a real turn off. Up early and on the road, never to be back this way again.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 June 2013

This was our second stop on the Nullarbor, about 400km from the Nullarbor Roadhouse. Set in mallee woodland, gravel sites ( and fair enough considering where it is located ), amenities OK,friendly and efficient staff and quite a reasonable meal at the restaurant .

Port Macquarie, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

The sign out the front says Oasis and I suppose it is an Oasis in the middle of nowhere. And to be absolutely honest it is the best around. I have read the other reviews but my experience was different, yes it is rough and ready and overpriced but guess what there is nothing else around for miles. The rooms are dated and very basic but I found then clean and tidy. The staff at the Roadhouse are very friendly and I had some interesting conversations with them, which made the stay more enjoyable. I had a very nice dinner in the restaurant as well. The only thing which was a pain for me personally was having to walk up the hill to get Telstra phone service. This motel is the best around, come on people get into the spirit of the outback it is in middle of the Nullarbor.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank nerney1961
Perth
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I went about locking all the windows so I could buy a feed at the restraunt and then found out the only thing to lock was the front door. Went to the reception and asked for a room I could lock as I didn't want my gear stolen. The manager told me to put up with it as I will be sleeping so no one will take my stuff. As no cooking is allowed in the rooms I needed to eat in their 'restraunt' and so I wouldn't always be there, which I explained to the manager. I asked again for a room I could lock as there were quite a few vacant rooms left going by the keys hanging on the wall behind him. He said, "No" and I told him that I don't want a room that couldn't be locked. I was given my refund of $115 for the nights accomadation ($10 for key deposit) and was told to find a rest area on the highway somewhere. After packing my gear back in the car I went and asked to buy some fuel to which the manager replied, "The pumps are closed for the night and I will not open them till the morning". Take my advice and plan your trip better by not staying anywhere near this place !!! After talking to a truck driver at the top of the range 5kms away, he let me sit on his tail (to avoid k'roos etc.) till I made it to Cocklebiddy almost an hour away.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank FredE681
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madura
Best Western Hospitality Inn Kalgoorlie
Best Western Hospitality Inn Kal...
#7 of 15 in Kalgoorlie-Boulder
#1 of 3 in Lake Grace
Discovery Parks - Kalgoorlie
Discovery Parks - Kalgoorlie
#1 of 10 in Kalgoorlie-Boulder

Been to Madura Roadhouse? Share your experiences!