“Mixed, read on..”

and 1 more site!
The Coach House
Ranked #1 of 2 Shepreth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have never written a review before but following our stay at the b&b I have felt compelled to write a review.

On arrival we were told to take off our shoes. We walked past her partner watching t.v in the lounge. It felt a bit like entering your aunts house. It was a home first and b&b second. We were lead through their home and to an upstairs room. It was private but to access the bathroom you have to come out the bedroom onto the landing.

To be completely honest about the things we were disappointed with: the shower was weak, the coffee making facilities consisted of 3 Nescafé sachets, 2x tupperware pots with tea and sugar. T.V was very small and you can't see from the bed.

We were told that we had to order breakfast as soon as we were shown our room (in the afternoon). The latest you can have breakfast is 9.15am, and check out is 10.30am. When ordering I asked for the English breakfast. The B&B owner then laughed in my face, I was told that it's no surprise that my partner stays trim as I was looked up and down. As a lady that struggles with my weight it comes as no surprise that following this I was left feeling upset. We brushed it off and headed off to a wedding as planned.

In the morning breakfast was generally ok, no option for how you wanted the egg- it came fried. The person next to me was given beans but I was not, although that was apart of the full English that I had ordered. No refill on orange juice offered.

Positives: coffee at breakfasts was really good, the room itself was clean, light and pretty- matching furniture. Bed was very comfy. Bathroom was spacious, everything was perfect and clean. The house and grounds were very attractive with everything in it's place. No problem with parking.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Annabelarnold
There are newer reviews for The Coach House

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The hostess, Hazel, and husband Jeff, were very welcoming and friendly. We stayed in the main house upstairs, Our beautifully decorated, clean bedroom had a double and single bed in and a separate huge light and airy bathroom right next door (not actually en-suite but solely for our use). Beautiful setting in the countryside, so peaceful with just the birdsong to disturb you. Wonderful breakfast, just ask Hazel and she will do what you want in addition to cereals, fruit, yogurt, toast. She will also ask what time you would prefer to eat breakfast! Wonderful, felt like home from home in a luxurious setting. Plenty of parking. Free wi-fi a bonus. Would definitely recommend. Close to Imperial War Museum at Duxford and also only 8 miles from Cambridge.

Room Tip: We were in main house which was great. There is also an annexe room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I have stayed for one night so far in the Annex - but I will be back. Room facilities are great, as is the wi-fi.
Hazel extends a warm and friendly welcome and cooks a great breakfast.

A little hard to find in the dark - but worth the trip for the secluded quiet at the end.

Thoroughly recommended.

Note - little or no Vodafone signal for those who are slaves to their mobile, not sure if this was just at the time I stayed. Wifi is more than good enough for skype or bt-talk type services.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul_from_pont
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I stayed in the triple room upstairs in the main house. Hazel and her husband were very welcoming and helpful. My mum and aunt had the triple in the annex. Both rooms and indeed the house is immaculate. Decorated very tastefully... And spotlessly clean. Cannot fault it. Breakfast is served up to 9am, which on a Sunday was a tad early for me. Nonetheless, Hazel was very happy to cook what you like.

If you are booking through booking.com - as we did, bear in mind both rooms are triples. Had we known this before hand we would only have used one room instead of two!

Will definitely be returning as it s close to family.

Room Tip: Downstairs annex best for those with walking problems. Also as walk in shower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed one night in the lovely private annex at the back of the house, which was so comfortable and relaxing. Our hosts were amazing, and we felt at home immediately. The location is great, and the approach up a private driveway is very inviting. The grounds are very neat and tidy, and there is loads of parking. Breakfast was in the lovely dining room in the main house, and it was like being in our own home. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the Cambridge area, and would highly recommend it to other visitors.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms in this B&B, and both are superb. The annex is lovely for a couple/sma...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had a very nice stay at The Coach House, nothing was too much trouble for our delightful host Hazel. We stayed in the self contained upstairs accommodation offering lovely bedroom and very large bathroom with separate shower. We will definitely be retuning. 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LukeTH
Reviewed 21 July 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Coach House on a weekend away to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What can I say - the Coach House is situated in such a lovely peaceful location, the room was first class accommodation, spacious, spotless, lovely ensuite, comfy bed and views out onto a lovely garden. Breakfast was 10 out of 10. The hosts were lovely and couldn''t do enough for us. Excellent value for money. We will most certainly return next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shepreth
Duxford Lodge
#8 of 10 in Royston
The John Barleycorn
The John Barleycorn
#1 of 2 in Duxford

Been to The Coach House? Share your experiences!