“Great Thai Lunch”

Ranked #19 of 30 Restaurants in Croydon
Cuisines: Thai
“Great Thai Lunch”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Popped in for a quick Thai lunch already knowing it would be delicious and we were not disappointed. Just had some "Lunch Specials" - Stir fried beef and vegetables with chlli and basil and a Panang curry with chicken. The vegetables were remarkably fresh and the servings were generous. We left completely satisfied and with change from twenty bucks - hard to beat.

• Visited January 2014

sydney
“Mixed bag”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I generally love the food here. We had delicious entrees - money bags, bbq lamb (bit tough but delicious), sate chicken sticks. prawn cakes. My main of lamb salad was a bit tough too. The lamb obviously wasnt a good choice that night but everything else was fabulous. We always enjoy our meals from Doy Tao. We love the fish dishes and the pad thai. flavoursome and reasonably priced food.

• Visited January 2014
“Wow, fabulous food.”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Have eaten here on several occasions.
Always great, especially BBQ pork.
In fact everything is always special

Visited May 2013
“Delicious Thai Restaurant”
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Thai is one of my favourite cuisines. My family and I have dined at over one hundred Thai eateries/restaurants in various countries including Thailand.

I feel the previous review was a bit harsh - maybe the chef had a bad day - my experience at Doy Tao has been the opposite - delectable dishes full of fresh flavours and truly reflecting the tastes of real Thailand. They usualy ask if you prefer spicy or not and cook to taste.

My tip: stay away from the Pad Thai (a dish rarely found outside of tourist Thailand) and go for one of their fresh specials of the day!

• Visited June 2012
“Suburban Franchised Thai”
Reviewed 14 January 2012

The food is "bland" ensuring that even the most pedestrian of suburban palates will not be offended by the spice.

Service is OK, but then so it should be given the relatively high prices.

Maybe a good place to bring grandma and the primary school age kids for a taste of Thai, but my recommendation is that you travel a little further and experience much more.

• Visited November 2011