“Best place to stay on the beach”
Review of Kusuma's Lazy Left

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Midigama
Kusuma's Lazy Left
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Best place to stay on the beach”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have had 7 weeks staying in this gorgeous place, the sound of the waves at night sending you to sleep,lovely. Nothing is too much trouble for this lovely family, with some of the best food in Midigama (Rice and curry plus the home of the famous Sugi burger,you have to have one!).The room was clean with Toilet and shower with a nice fan, the garden is lovely and cool in the afternoons plus it's clean and tidy. It is also family friendly.
You can see both breaks from the garden, and youre right on the beach for a refreshing dip!! free wifi was a great help to keep in touch.
If Lazy Left is unfortunately full, Sugi also has a beautiful house in the jungle, a mere 10 minutes away from the beach. The house in the jungle is peaceful and cool and if you are lucky, you may see a monkey or two!
We will be back next year!

Room Tip: Find Lazy Left on Facebook and message them.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My partner and I stayed in Sugi's place for 12 nights. We really love there.The place is just 200 metres from train station or bus station. If you want to go to Galle, Ahangama or Weligama,you just need to take a bus. (to Galle--25 mins, to Ahangama --10 mins, and to Weligama --less 10 mins). Sugi and his wife cooked very yummy food for us,specially chips and fried rice. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner over there everyday. And we had a fish BBQ too, that was excellent. The beach is just in front of the house. The surf spots are close to the accommodation too, you just need to walk 3-5 mins. The room is basic but enough for us. Wifi is faster than other place we stayed in Sri Lanka. We want to say:" Thank you, Sugi and Anoja. Thank you for everything. We had a great time in your place".If you come to Midigama, Lazy left will be the best choice for you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Port Lincoln, Australia
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed with Sugi and his family for 8 days on a recent trip. I could wake up and walk out my front door to check Ram's or Lazy Left surf breaks. If no surf, the swimming is great straight out in front. The room was simple and tidy, with shower and toilet. Free wifi too. Sugi is super helpful and the dog is fun to play with. Coupled with a few hammocks, Lazy Left is the ultimate spot to stay in Midigama.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My partner and I booked for a week at Lazy Left and stayed for a month. Having the ocean just 20 paces from our room, with good snorkelling (for me), plenty of tropical fish, and good surfing (for him) was very cruisy indeed. The water is clean. If you're lucky you could be there for a turtle hatching. We only saw their eggs but if we had stayed another month... Our hosts' (Sugi and Anoja) cooking worked for us too - spicy omelettes in the morning after yoga or swimming, maybe a pasta for lunch and 'grilled' fish (it's really fried, but very good) and rice for dinner. Anoja's dahl is excellent. Our room was very basic, with hard floors and a fairly hard bed and pillows. I ended up buying some new pillows for us which we left there as a gift. We had a mozzie net but still managed to attract a lot (a very lot) of bites, mostly from spiders (I think) and ants, so I would recommend applying repellent before bed at night. Not a big deal, really, just like camping anywhere. And the rent, for a place right on the beach, is very reasonable.

Room Tip: I don't think any room is much better than any other but the two on the south side might be a li...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mimi P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I spent a week with Sugi and his family, and spent another week on my return from the east side. The accommodation is in a great location and has a semi private beach away from all the hustle and bustle, where you can relax and have some real downtime. There are several surf breaks right infront of the accomodation, Rams right just to the left (but you can paddle though a gulley right infront of sugis and paddle a bit to the left and you are in the line up) lazy left is just to the right and has a good potential for a long mellow left. Welligama is a 4 min ride by tuk tuk if you need a bank or shops, and fresh fish etc...it also offers a small wave for begginers and keen lonboarders, with a bit of swell you could probably have some fun on a shortboard too.
But better to stay with Sugi as welligama is town and full of the hustle and bustle. Sugi also makes really good food, and is very hospitable and will give you good advice about anything you need to know. The accommodation is comfortable enough and you have a fan and your own shower...
Epic little piece of paradise....hammocks under palm trees, waves and hundreds of turtles make it a place worth staying.....thanks Sugi.....regards Raymond (South Africa/uk)

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I came here to volunteer at the Animal SOS and LazyLeft . Com was the perfect place for relaxing on the beach and in the beautiful water after I finished work. The food was really good, the fruit salad at breakfast especially, and the family are really nice. I will definitely come back here next time I am in Sri Lanka.

Room Tip: I think the room in front of the hammock is the best.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

...this place could be considered a paradise. One of the few places in the region I have seen with a property actually on the sand, right in front of the crystal blue sea. You don't need to surf to enjoy this place, just watching the water, every now and then a sea turtle pops their head up, and there is lots of other marine life near the small reef out the front. The beach and water are clean here, as are the rooms, and the food is fantastic. Apparently they used to run a restaurant before they built the guest houses and every meal (even the western stuff - great hamburger) has been delicious. We share the fruit salad it's so big. My wife is volunteering at the Animal SOS here which gives me the day to read, write, swim, run, snorkel and eat. I am loving life right now.

Room Tip: They are all beach facing and good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midigama
Cape Weligama
#1 of 111 in Weligama
Whitegates Lodge
Whitegates Lodge
#6 of 24 in Midigama

Been to Kusuma's Lazy Left? Share your experiences!