“Water water”

Hotel Viva Villahermosa
Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Villahermosa
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Ok. We got it. Water is not drinkable in Mexico. We got a half liter in the room in two small bottles. After severe rationing to brush teeth the water was gone. Called reception. No more water for you. Need water. The water you have is only a courtesy not a right. I added the last part to give you a flavor of the distinct tone. Went down and begged for water. None in the hotel .. Go across the very busy 4 lane in front of the hotel and walk a couple of blocks at 11 at night to the oxxo and they might sell you some. Took cab to oxxo. Oh yes, room was fine. Don't forget your water. Ps toilet paper too. I think that too is a courtesy.

Room Tip: Try the holiday inn.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 September 2012

We came into Villahermosa later in the evening and we were tired. We were looking for secure parking as our car was packed full of luggage, two bikes on the back and luggage on top. I needs it to be safe. They put us in the front spot within view of the front desk. They gave us a great rate. I was surprised at the dated rooms, but wrote it up to the good rate. The front sitting room I the lobby was family style and comfortable. The halls were tile so it was loud as well as the rooms. There was a lot of noise other halls. The buffet in the morning was not so great. The staff was very nice and they tried hard to make up for the lack of quality. I don't believe I would stay there again, but in a pinch, it was adequate.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators. Its noisy in the hallways
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Nothing particularly wrong with Hotel Viva but nothing that makes it stand out either. Location may be the most redeeming feature for those with business to do in the nearby office complexes. Rooms are very average and cleanliness was just Ok -no one likes a roach crawling on them while sitting in the lobby. Staff was fine though not overly comfortable in any language but Spanish -not that there's anything wrong with that.

If you are looking for an average business hotel and nothing more, you should be content here.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed for one night at this hotel. Villahermosa is not a tourism-focused city and it shows in this hotel. It is outdated, the rooms need refurbishing, airconditioning not working and so on. Service is not customer-oriented, staff makes you feel like you disturb them.

If we are ever to return to Villahermosa I would avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This hotel is dated, room is old, the bed unconfortable, they put a duvet on it but the mattrs is not soft enough. coffe maker in room, 2 bottle waters free of charge. the hotel was full children and moms and dads everywhere.

the buffet breakfast is not good, the service in restaurante gentle and fast but not tasty food.

nice location i walked to cathedral and downtown, shooping mall galerias tabasco nearby 15 min walking

they offer free shuttle from the hotel to the airpor at fixed times. u have to pick a taxi from the airport to the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2011

I came to stay at the Hotel Viva in Villahermosa with my boyfriend, as he was sent there for work. The location is perfect: walking distance from La Venta park, restaurants and cafes everywhere, a very safe spot. The only thing is: the service was awful. In reception, they talked to me in a very rude way, thinking I wouldn't understand because I'm a foreigner (I've been living in Mexico for over a year, now). Then the room service was terrible: one hour wait for a glass of water, very rude people (except for the charming cleaning ladies), security guards staring at me like I was a piece of meat... I didn't feel safe at all, especially after they offered my boyfriend a prostitute to spend the night with!!! I then noticed that there were prostitutes everywhere in the hotel and if you have a family, it's really not the place you would like to stay in.
Moreover, they charged me 100 USD that I shouldn't have paid and it took them 2 months to reimburse me only half of it! There are lots of other nice hotels in Villahermosa, so whatever you do, DO NOT stay in that hotel

Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2010

We booked our room online for $70. and asked for a room facing the courtyard and pool. We arrived early (9am) and seems like the front desk staff are not to familiar with online bookings but after a few minutes they figured it out. Anyway they said they would have any courtyard/pool view rooms available until the next day. We are not fussy and were okay with that. The bellboy took our bags to our room on the third floor and gave us a tv remote. The elevator was small but clean. The room was facing the parking lot and main street. After a few hours we went to the front desk and asked not to be changed to the pool view rooms. The rooms facing the parking lot and main street are more interesting. You can sit on you private balcony with a cold beer and watch the busy city going by. Poolside rooms seemed boring by comparison. How long can you look at a pool and courtyard before it becomes boring. The pool was huge and nice. You will have to give a deposit for the pool towels and the deposit is large to make sure you do not steal the towels. We also had to give a deposit for the mini fridge. Then we took out their overpriced beer and sodas and loaded up the fridge with ours. We got our deposit back on checking out. There is a supermarket not far away where you can get stock for the fridge. We ate in the restaurant once only. There are so many great restaurants in Villahermosa you will want to try them all. The Hotel Viva also has a great nightclub with live and DJ music open until 2 am. The Hotel Viva Villahermosa was great, staff great, pool great, city great, we would go back again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family