I spent 3 nights in this Hotel with my family as I used Villahermosa as a stop over to- and-from the Yucatan Peninsula (driving from Mexico City). The Hotel is in the middle of the countryside and if you don't have a car you are kind of stuck there. Its a fast drive though to the city (15 minutes) althought Villahermosa traffic can be a turnoff (and this coming from someone who lives in Mexico City)
The hotel is nice and modern, clean rooms (nice and large bathroom) although on the smallish side (they could not fit in a rollaway bed so our kids took turn sleeping in the floor (no biggie, they are kids!). Pool area is good (especially for the kids) and the surrounding countryside is pretty nice to look at. Spa/GYm area pretty nice with modern and well kept equipment. Nice Steam Room.
Great attitude and service from all the staff members!
They were 3 thing that kind of turned me off for not giving them a 5 star rating:
-Restaurant and bar prices. These guys know they are the only game in town, so they charge accordingly as if they were in New York. The only time we had dinner there (we had just arrived from Merida so did not felt on going out), we had 3 bowls of cereal, 5 small croissants, 1 glass of milk, 1 diet coke and 1 greek Salad and paid 550 pesos (42 bucks!!!) + tip
-Pool area is nice, but it seems that they sell memeberships so locals can go there as well . No problem with this but they don't staff it accordingly. Pool was always crowded and they have a very, very (very!!) bad pool service (drinks and foods). I only saw 2 waiters tending 50-60 people in the pool (and prices are quite expensive!!: 2 beers and 1 double tequila set me back close to 350 pesos + tip)
-Wifi although complimentary is very spotty. Cell Phone signal as well is on the weakish side in some areas of the hotel.
I am sure if owners/managment addressed these issues they could have a wonderful hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center, the closest hotel to the International Airport of Villahermosa, and offering complimentary transportation. The hotel is located just fourteen minutes from the City Center with easy access to the ancient Mayan city of Palenque and the business district of Tabasco 2000. This modern Villahermosa hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service to Gallerias Tabasco, Altabrisa Shopping Mall and downtown. With 26 meeting rooms spread over 26,000 sq. Ft. And the largest number of breakout rooms in the city, this Villahermosa hotel is the ideal choice for your event of up to 1,000 Guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Villahermosa Hotel
- Villahermosa Hilton
- Hilton Villahermosa & Conference Center Mexico - Tabasco