“Modern oil city city”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Villahermosa
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Villahermosa
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Checked in for two. iChat's at the Crowne Plaza in Villahermosa. Recommend highly this hotel for the modern feel and very com table and clean room. Ceramic tile in rooms rather than carpet. less comfortable but its fresh and its clean. The bar downstairs is convenient and lively.

Try to have a room not facing the road to avoid the driving noise.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Villahermosa

Reviewed 23 April 2013

The room is clean. The breakfast buffet is excellent. I was there on a business trip and I will definitely stay at this hotel again on my next trip to Villahermosa. It is slightly far from the shopping centre and main tourist attractions. However, there is ample supply of taxis outside the hotel so you don't have to worry! Recommend this hotel. I was not dissappointed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Just finished a 3 day work trip to Villahermosa. The Crowne Plaza was very good. The hotel is clean and modern with a nice lobby bar off the reception area. Perfect for a cold beer after a hot day at work. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a nice selection of fresh fruit, pastries and hot dishes. Above all the staff were excellent and always ready to help out.
My only complaint was that I couldn't get hot water out of my shower for the 3 days. Had I complained I'm sure that they would have had a fix for me but with the 33C heat outside I didn't mind it much.
Overall, there is no reason for me to change hotels for my next trip out.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Graham W
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Stayed here for a recent trade show at the convention center across the bridge. Stayed here last year w/o any problems, so tried it again, even though the rates were ridiculously high. The room was terrible, frosted over windows so there was no view, you couldn't see out. Hotel too full to change my room. Bed was comfy, bathroom was nice, but intermittent hot water. I think the entire reception staff was in training, and basically had no clue about anything. Great breakfast buffet. Lobby bar had happy hour all night long everynight, but wouldn't offer it unless you asked for it. Very poor and rude service. Will not stay here next time, eventhough I am a loyal Priority Club member.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Villahermosa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear pfgdl,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased you liked our breakfast buffet. Kindly accept our sincerest apology that you were not fully satisfied with your accommodation and the service you received from our staff during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.Thank you once again and we hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again very soon.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 19 April 2012

The CP Villahermosa is my favorite business hotel in VSA. This stay was my third in the past 18 months, and some of the staff remembered us. All the staff received us warmly and attended to all our needs. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the new internet service works well. The breakfast buffet has a wide variety of tasty food, although it can be quite crowded as it's popular with the locals as well. The bar is a good place to wind down at the end of the day, or catch some fútbol on the big screens. Located near both major traffic arteries, it's fairly easy to get to and from (even in VSA's traffic). I've stayed at the Camino Real, Hilton and Quinta Real as well, and prefer the CP.

Room Tip: 6th floor suites are worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Hello,
I had booked this hotel with Agoda servise, the payment for the stay in this hotel was taken from my credit card immediately, but during the check in in the hotel lobby administrator from reception ask my card again. I thought that it was just a formality. But some days after check out I found out on my credit card account that there was a second payment for this hotel on time of check-in.
Now I could not receive any reply during 1 month from hotel service center and Agoda also have forgoten my request, although I sent them email many times.
Sorry,
But this is discustng situation, and I'm regret for deal with agoda and Hotel Crown Plaza Villahermosa.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Solomini
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Villahermosa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

solomini,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service (or quality) which was unacceptable. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Check in was relatively fast. Rooms were mid-sized, and sparsely furnished. Hotel is not quite as fresh and new as it looks on the ICH website, and VERY firm bed. Water temperature in the shower was difficult to manage. Slight mildew smell to the room. Gym was weak, internet slow and a pain to log in (have to call down to front desk... hate that). Somewhat limited restaurant options nearby. Chili's and a nicer Mexican steak restaurant are less than 100 m from the entry. Breakfast was great. Staff at the hotel all service oriented and smiles on their face. Appreciated their effort with a not-perfect facility.

Overall nothing major wrong, nothing major right... and priced at the top of the pile for VSA. I think I would try Camino Real or Quinta Real or even the Holiday Inn Exprss next trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business