“Nice place, but I expected more of the food”
Review of La Selva

La Selva
Ranked #28 of 63 Restaurants in Palenque
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
San Jose
“Nice place, but I expected more of the food”
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I don´t know if it was because I was coming with a large group who had been doing a circuit from the DF til Palenque, but the food served was plain ok. We got a chicken breast with rice and vegetables. The chicken was kind of dry and flavorless at all, we had to add some chili that a fellow mexican traveler ordered to give it some taste. Besides that, nothing particulary special.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Marcelu83

• Turkish first
Seattle
“Overrated?”
Reviewed 7 September 2012

After reading the previous reviews of La Selva I was very much looking forward to dining at this restaurant. The decor and appearance from the outside is very inviting but I could not find the inside to be in line with the first impression when walking up to the entrance. Service was friendly, menu selection was -as I found- limited - and I thought that the restaurant is a better place for groups than individual guest (definitely not for couples as most tables are bigger and seat 6 guest).

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank SeattleHotelExpert
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Neat ambience”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Food and service were decent, but the best part was the decor of this restaurant. We went for dinner and would recommend sitting inside, at least during the rainy season, as the mosquitoes and biting bugs are bad on the patio at dusk.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank travelhappy1177
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great atmosphere, better food!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Restaurant La Selva is built as if it is a Mayan ruin. Very nice and interesting atmosphere. The food was fabulous. My husband had medallions de robola (sea bass) and I had a camerones brochette. Both were delicious and the best food we've had in Palenque. Highly recommended for "fussy" eaters (my husband).

• Visited June 2012