“Cozy,Warm,& Excellent Healthy Food!”
Review of The Cridford Inn

The Cridford Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Trusham B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cozy,Warm,& Excellent Healthy Food!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

The staff was very accommodating & naturally friendly and the food was incredibly delicious yet very healthy & they had a nice selection of vegetarian dishes! My other favorite part of Cridford Inn was the room, because usually at small B&Bs the rooms are generally cold, shower water cold, & never enough bed covers to keep you warm & usually the bed sheets & covers are tucked in so tight, that you are uncomfortable pulling the sheets & covers while you sleep! I like the room at Cridford Inn because it was warm, shower had warm water, and the bed covers kept me warm & cozy -- I slept very well!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Plymouth
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Stayed one night (in the Exe room) with the intention of exploring North Devon before going on to a wedding later that evening. The quality of the service, the food and the relaxing ambiance in the room and bar meant we didn't bother going out and left the wedding early! Thoroughly enjoyable. A great escape. Even the local taxi driver let us off our £10 fare when I did his Rubix's cube for him - result! Thank you Erin and the team. Would love to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

My wife and I stayed just one night in mid March but wish it could have been longer. Very nice atmosphere, excellent wood burning stove in the bar, an attentive barman/waiter (Josh) and a top grade dinner. The bed was comfortable and the bedroom in good decorative order. The full English breakfast provided a good start to the day and we were sorry we had to leave so soon. This was a proper Devon pub and run by a couple who have got it just right. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Balkans
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Stayed here recently whilst visiting family in the area.

Staff very friendly and helpful, The Full English breakfast was plentiful, tasty and well cooked, and a good choice which needed to be specified at time of booking in. Filter coffee was served with breakfast and as I heard another guest request espresso he was told that the machine wasn't turned on. I too would have preferred espresso with breakfast but this is only a minor gripe.

I stayed in Teign room which was comfortable, clean and well presented. The bathroom could have been better, there was some mouldy silicon sealant around part of the bath and the shower screen leaked a considerable pool of water onto the bathroom floor every time I took a shower.

On the last but one morning I reported this issue to Erin during breakfast who acknowledged there was sometimes a problem with a leaking shower. I told her I had no option but to use the towels in the room to mop up and that i'd put the soaking wet towels into the bath. When I returned later that evening I was surprised to find the room hadn't been cleaned, soaking towels were still in the bath, leaving me without a towel in the bathroom.

On the first day there was hardly any toilette roll in the bathroom and after single use the roll was empty. Toilette tissue was restocked the next day.

Whilst I appreciate this establishment is an Inn offering B&B and not a 5 Star Hotel small things and attention to detail are still important.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jamestoo
cridfordinn, Owner at The Cridford Inn, responded to this review, 13 March 2013
Thanks for your review.I am sorry that your room was not refreshed on your second day,this has never happened before,and all I can do is apologise.This is a very old building ,and however much we try not to get leaks from showers,it does happen from time to time.Because the shower hose is in the bath,sometimes it will pour over if the shower screen is not tightly closed.
As for the coffee at breakfast,yes it is only the filter coffee machine that we use.Our big industrial machine would take at least 20 minutes to heat through.But anyone else reading this,can specifically ask for an espresso when they order thier breakfast choice on arrival to the Cridford.
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2013

My partner and I went to the Cridford not 2 weeks ago. My partner is very fussy but even she struggled to find fault with this place, it's a corker and a real hidden gem. The setting, ambience and value were all top drawer. If I had to find 1 criticism, the butter was completely unspreadable which destroyed the bread and whilst it seems fussy, that is very important and it's the little things that matter.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Paignton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We stayed for a meal and overnight for my birthday on a cold Monday night just after New Year which is hardly the preferred day and date for a night out. Not unexpectedly the pub was very quiet but this was made up for by the great service and lovely food cooked for us. We were made to feel very welcome and special.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Cridford Inn this weekend. A very pleasant place to stay with great service, good food and a relaxed nature. A good place to unwind and take it easy. An Inn with low beams, a well stocked bar and good food. More gastro pub than pie and chips. Very hard to fault.

• Stayed November 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trusham
Best Western Passage House Hotel
#5 of 31 in Exeter
Old Church House Inn
Old Church House Inn
#4 of 22 in Newton Abbot

Been to The Cridford Inn? Share your experiences!