“The longest wait?”

Ranked #1 of 1 Trusham B&B and Inns
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“The longest wait?”
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

One and a half hours to wait for food! We were given bread and olives at intervals and told that food was on it's way but 1hr 40 mins? Apparently only one chef on duty and an 'unexpected'? party of 14 turned up. However, when paying the bill - with a small discount re the wait, we were told the problem was not their fault! Food was very good!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan C
cridfordinn, Owner at The Cridford Inn, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Thanks for the review.yes one chef on duty ,only one table booked in,until everyone turned up on the evening.As I have said on previous occasions ,we don't have through traffic here,and can only staff the premises based on what bookings we have and a few extra.on Wednesday night we had 14 people in total booked in,and ended up with 40.staff do not live close by,so we could not be prepared for this.I cannot stress enough,please book a Table when coming to the Cridford Inn.However taking on board your feedback and my discussions with the team ,we will make sure in the future that we only accept the amount of customers that the kitchen can cope with effectively.so please please book,so that you don't end up not having a table.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Just got back from a lovely lunch at the Cridford Inn. We weren't staying at the Inn, just dining out. The food was superb, and the service excellent. The lovely lady who was tending the bar and waitressing could not have been friendlier or more helpful. She made us feel really welcome, and both she and the chef were happy to fillet my Mum's fish for her instead of serving on the bone. We've been there several times before, and it's always excellent. I can't recommend it highly enough!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Allison S
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Had a meal here a few years ago, so we were very surprised at the very poor service having to ask the waitress repeatedly for service,
Once the food arrived my wife's fish was undercooked, when it came back it was a tiny portion, through our meal the staff were working on the bar with dishwasher trays very noisy.
We have since heard the owners have opened another establishment a few miles away. Eye off the ball springs to mind.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pachac
cridfordinn, Owner at The Cridford Inn, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for your feed back,and I am sorry that something was under cooked, and you found the place noisy .I have not taken my eye off the ball 9as you so put it) ,as I live on the premises ,and spend most of my time at the Cridford Inn.I have an excellent team there ,and I had heard about your experience, as we rarely get complaints .My staff tried everything to rectify the situation for you ,and thought they had. Obviously it was not enough for you, as you have put your review on trip advisor. The opening of our new venture is to work alongside the Cridford,nit to work against it ,I think that would be a bit silly ,seeing as we own it.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

We only came for a drink & couldn't resist booking a weekend stay in this beautiful rustic pub, the girl behind the bar was very friendly, helpful and welcoming, she obviously loves working there. The menu looks awesome for both restaurant and bar. Especially the vegetarian food. A+++++

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here again this winter and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff (especially Josh) were very attentive, the food was excellent and the atmosphere just as an old English pub should be. Despite the very creaky floor, our room was clean and comfortable - we will be back.

Room Tip: The room named Dart is the one with the creaky floorboards - we had it last time too!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Lovely large, clean rooms and the food in the restaurant was superb, especially the venison! We stayed as a large group booking out 4 rooms. Very friendly helpful staff and hearty breakfasts served promptly. A wonderful getaway!

• Stayed November 2013
bristol
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Lovely pub, friendly staff, really good room which was well presented and clean (teign 1) Can't really comment about the food as we ate out apart from breakfast,which was fine, although I thought the lady on duty was about to have a breakdown because she burnt some toast ! hardly a major crime.
Anyway, my wife and I had a lovely time just sat at the bar with a few pints of stella.
Probably best to find by using road signs not satnav.

Room Tip: just remember you are staying in a pub not a 5 star hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trusham
Best Western Passage House Hotel
#4 of 31 in Exeter
The Bickley Mill
The Bickley Mill
#2 of 23 in Newton Abbot

Been to The Cridford Inn? Share your experiences!