“Nice friendly atmosphere”

Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
“Nice friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was quiet when we went but the staff were ever so lovely and supportive and helped with opening doors etc.

Lovely little café.

Visited August 2014

Prestatyn
“Worth every penny”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Went today with my children had kids meals £1.50 with drink and mega burger says it in the name puts Big Mac to shame will be going back soon staff was lovely and welcoming

Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Early tea time”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I took my grandchildren to the smugglers cafe for an earl tea..the children had lots of choice of meals that were freshly cooked to order. The children chose chicken nuggets chips and beans and ate it all. This cost £3 each with a drink. I feel I had good value for money and the staff were polite and the place was clean. I will take my grandchildren there again.

• Visited May 2014
“Poor Food”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited this place with our Leonberger! We ordered fish, chips and peas and we're told it would be 15 minutes! 30 minutes later the food arrived, the chips were pale, the fish was a deep fried piece of birds eye type frozen fish and the mushy peas were dry and inedible! There are no toilets at this restaurant and the staff are not interested! A place to avoid if you want quality food!

5 Thank David H
shropshire
“Friendly welcome, but no disabled toilets :(”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Popped in at the Smugglers café after a wheel/walk along the path from the Haven Caravan Camp up the coast, there's a wonderful path between the camp and Talacre so we needed a cuppa by the time we got there. They we very friendly when we got there, the café staff told us the nearest 'public' toilets were up the street, about 50 yards - so off we trundled. Shouldn't have bothered to be honest, they are due to be demolished and the 'sooner the better' as far as I'm concerned. There were no disabled toilets and the ladies were disgusting. My other half said the men's were about the same. We went back up the street to the Smugglers and went into the 'pub' part of the Smugglers, we asked for a mug of tea & coffee and they were wonderful - just what we needed. My husband had to go next door to the café to order food, but they brought it round for us, the most wonderful bacon toasties and cheap too. We asked the locals about disabled toilets and they said 'No, we don't have any, isn't it awful - were hoping there going to put some up when they demolish the public one's' - by then I was really hoping they'd already done it!!!!

• Visited March 2014