“Still one of the best ways to see a movie...”
Review of Blacktown Drive-In

Blacktown Drive-In
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Prospect
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I've been to the Blacktown Drive-In a half dozen times now. I always buy my tickets online through the eventcinema webpage. Tickets are only $10 per person - which is about half of what you pay at the theatre.

The staff running the drive-in are friendly. There are two screens... each one sound coming from setting your radio to the screen specific station.

For the most part they start the movies on time.

The 50's style diner on-site is cool... but expensive. Milkshakes are not "thick shakes".

My daughter loves going to the drive-in!

1  Thank Patrick M
There are newer reviews for Blacktown Drive-In

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I visited the markets on the Sunday here recently, while I was in the country.

The new renovations look great! I had a peek in to the old canteen, wow! What a change.

I wish I was visiting long enough to catch a movie, hopefully next time.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I loved going to the drive ins as a kid, and now I'm taking my grand children to them and they just love it. The food isn't cheap and variable in quality. some nights we go and the food is great, others not so good. If you are on a budget, stop and get a happy meal from macca's on the way or pack your own picnic dinner. School holidays, they sometimes put on specials to make it cheaper to take the kids, usually around the $25 per car, otherwise it's usually $10 per person, per movie. The only downfall now is you pay for each movie you see. No longer do they do the double feature deals.

1  Thank Shazz P
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

we've been to this drive in twice now. Both experiences were okay. Both times we attended an 8:15 session. we arrived at 7:20ish pm. be ready to queue for a long time. Then as you get it you have to find a spot, bed spot is probably 3rd row in the middle isle. I preferred field 2 better as field 1 backs onto M4. we ate at the skyline diner which is a cute 50's diner. the line was also super long and you'll just have enough time to eat before the movie. the food is not that great, it's pricey for burger / chips / drink $16. but the food is dry and cold and they don't give you free condiments. a real shame for a nice place. so we brought our own food the second time. what I found most annoying is that there's no rules during preview to tell people to turn their headlights off and to be mindful of break lights turning on/off in the car. this was very distracting throughout the whole movie. people kept turning their headlights on and back breaks. presumably to open up windows cause of fog. would probably only go back to see a not so great movie. cause there's too much distractions and other cars that are inconsiderate of others viewing.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

It is a good time to watch here during summer and spring, not much during winter, but it the movie is good, why not? You can buy food there but there is a bit of wait. There is also no credit card facility at the time we were there even if I checked online. The nearby hotel was supposed to have an ATM too but unluckily for us, we couldn't find any around there. So make sure you have cash. We had to rummage for coins in the car and luckily we found enough to pay for our tickets..we got hungry as all we could afford were chips, oh dear, never again! Imagine how embarassing it was, there were cars behind us and we were nervously looking for more coins, dear oh dear!