“Fantastic Staff and really Great Value.”
Review of Atura Blacktown

Atura Blacktown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prospect
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic Staff and really Great Value.”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My employment sees me travel extensively throughout the eastern states of Australia. I have stayed twice at this hotel over the last 2 weeks, The first time was a week after the opening of the hotel and again a fortnight later. What a refreshing surprise. The hotel is different..It is described as "urban industrial" architecture and on arrival I was struck by the design and decoration of the hotel and its rooms. There is plenty of concrete and yellow seems to be the signature colour. However the rooms are unbelievably functional and comfortable. The Rydges Dream Beds concept is truly that - the beds are a dream to sleep on. The rooms also feature a small kitchenette, work desk (free WiFi!) phone (free local calls!), great mini bar and modern well appointed bathroom.. The Roadhouse Bar & Grill offers great food, although the drinks in the bar are a little expensive. Having said said all this what really sets this hotel apart is its fantastic staff. The guys here are not only efficient and offer great service they are refreshingly friendly and helpful. On checking out of the hotel on my last stay I drove directly to the airport to travel home. It was there that my wife realised that she had left her jewellery in the hotel bathroom. I rang the hotel, and the gentleman I believe his name to be Sam) who answered the phone said he would personally go and check and ring me back. Five minutes later he called, confirming he had the jewellery and two days later I collected the items from the post office. I must say I was initially sceptical at staying at this property. As a Victorian I have heard nothing good about Sydney's western suburbs. I can thoroughly recommend this hotel. Great value, great staff and great accommodation.

Room Tip: Rooms away from elevator are quietest.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Tones3542,

Wow! Our first 5 star review! Thank you!

I remember chatting to you briefly in the lobby and I appreciate your kind feedback both in person and displayed on Trip Advisor.

I look forward to personally having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Joel Gordon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We checked into room #233 Nov 2013. Atura entertainer king room. Beds are absolutely a dream and pillows are the best. Bathroom very nice, shower great. Kitchenette perfect and very compact. The best mini bar in room I have seen for a long time. Dinner was delicious, and the sour dough & dips not to bad, bread was a tad over toasted. Pool is a good size. Can see drive in movies from the room window. Pub up the road is country style. Loved the steak and kidney pie. Reception staff and dinning staff very lovely. Bar staff need a bit more training to gain confidence, and a smile wouldn't go a stray. Yes they are a new hotel and of course there are a few teething probs, but I'm sure it won't take them long to get into the swing of things. Will definitely go back and stay there in a few months to see how things have progressed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Stacey787,

Welcome to Trip Advisor and we feel very privileged to be your first review!

Thank you for your excellent comments and understanding for Atura Blacktown.

It is fantastic to read we were able to provide you both with the creature comforts at home, with excellent service from the Front Desk and Roadhouse Bar & Grill.

As the hotel is only in it's fourth week of trading, I have no doubt we will keep on achieving excellent results!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Great selection of free movies and super huge comfortable beds. Good mini bar selection. Easy breakfast / friendly staff - we would probably recommend this place but be warned, Prospect is still a dump at the end of the day. Oh, parking was free, too!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this review, 10 November 2013
Dear Paul P,

Thanks for the review of Atura Blacktown!

I trust the "Not Bad" was one of a suprisingly good "Not Bad" and not one of discontent.

We have all worked extremely hard to ensure we have a product that ticks all the right boxes in relation to both comfort and style.

Overtime, I am sure Prospect will come into it's own as there are a number of developments happening within the area, these being our hotel, the redevoped Blacktown Drive-in and Wet 'n' Wild Sydney!

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed recently and requested a room with twin beds plus a sofa bed. When we arrived we had one King and one sofa bed. As the mattress on the sofa bed was thin(as they all are) I asked for something to make it a tad more comfortable. A little while passed and 3 lovely staff members quickly separated the King bed and made two single for us.King bed was very comfortable and comfy pillows too!
The staff were all very nice.
We had breakfast and dinner in the restaurant and the food was all of high quality.
The water pressure in the shower was quite bad but I reported it on check out and the lady quickly reported it.
We had some very noisy people coming home early hours of the morning banging doors etc but this isn't the hotels fault!
This hotel is in a great location next door to the Drive In and what will be the new water park once it opens.
There were a few minor teething problems with the hotel as it only opened 4 days prior to our stay
The room we had also had a portable hotplate and also microwave so you could cook meals if needed.
Would definitely stay again as the staff were fantastic and rooms very nice.!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Dear roaminround,

Thank you for your excellent comments and congratulations on being Atura Blacktown's first mention on Trip Advisor!

We pride ourselves on being able to grow friendly, confident staff who go above and beyond and I am ecstatic to see this was one of the highlights throughout your stay.

As mentioned, we are still finding our feet a little, and I highly appreciate your understanding with this. I am sure that in no time, we will have the process at 110%!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Atura Blacktown in the near future.

Joel Gordon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prospect
Travelodge Hotel Blacktown
#1 of 1 in Wentworthville
PARKROYAL Parramatta
PARKROYAL Parramatta
#4 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Atura Blacktown? Share your experiences!