“Very nice”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prospect
Melbourne, Australia
“Very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Very nice place bed and pillows very comfortable the room was clean check in was quick the only problem we had was getting I'm to motel when the drive-in was on took us 30 mins to get in as traffic was very bad was a nice stay..

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank MTW49
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear MTW49,

Loved the review for Atura Blacktown!

Disappointing to hear of the logistical difficulties when arriving back to the hotel. We are working closely with the Blacktown City Council to work on a solution for this issue moving forward.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Joel Gordon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Manildra, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I'm a fan of this place, I am, I am. Love the location, ease of parking, the décor the vibe, free movies and the very comfortable bed. However, I have to say that there is room for improvement with the staff. I made my booking over the phone with Nathan; he didn't have the best phone manner, he made the booking but didn't confirm the price beforehand, I was surprised that he didn't take credit card details to confirm the booking and then he didn't say goodbye when the conversation ended (he just hung up). It was like talking to a teenager who hadn't yet developed phone skills. When I arrived I still wasn't asked for credit card details and told to just fix it up on checkout. The thing is, when I checked out the girl told me she didn't need my credit card as it was the same as the one she had on the screen. When I enquired about them keeping credit card details from a previous booking many months ago she assured me that their system doesn't do this and I must have given them my card details when I either booked or checked in. Despite my assurance that this wasn't the case she said, "Well, there is simply no other way this could happen. You must have, there's no other explanation". So I write this review in the hope that management will read this and look into the system to ensure their policy on credit card information is being adhered to.
The first time I stayed here, the staff were great but this time around I'm left scratching my head. If staff could be given some training in good customer service, this Hotel would be really hard to go past. It's great to be employing young people but a bit of maturity wouldn't go astray.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bron R
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Bron R,

Thank you for your review and continued loyalty to Atura Blacktown.

Over reading your comments, it's fantastic to hear that you love the product, however a little concerning surrounding your feedback in relation to our staff.

It is extremely important to the hotel and the brand that our service levels remain both consistent and exceed expectations at all times.

I will follow through directly with the people you have named, along with some general mentoring for all staff to ensure an improvement.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We spent a night here as my daughter had Cross Country at the Eastern Creek Raceway. On first sight we found the property fresh and new, with a rather unique decor. Reservations staff were very helpful and friendly. We made our way to our room which sleeps four people, apparently! Do yourself a favour. If yours is a family trip. Dont bother, the rooms are tiny with two single beds jammed in the corners and an undersize sofabed in the middle of the room. We started the night with both children on the sofa. But to no avail with both children complaining about the lack of comfort. In the end I swapped with my daughter as she had her race in the morning. Well I could see where they were coming from. All I could feel were two bars underneath the bed and I had both my legs hanging out of the bed, so there wasn't much sleep there. Heating throughout the building was also very warm and claustrophobic. I think the rooms are suitable for two, but no more. If we make it back that way as a family we will probably give it a miss.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Matt D
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Matt D,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to you and your family staying here at Atura Blacktown.

Fantastic to hear you found the hotel, service and the concept unique and exceeded your expectations, however a little disheartening to hear of your 'cramped' experience in the room.

I can just imagine that with your feet dangling over the edge of the sofa bed, that you quickly realised that this bedding option is one for the younger generation.

As you can tell from recent comments on Trip Advisor, the hotel is a fantastic fit for families and we do offer a number of interconnecting rooms, purpose built for this reason.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Atura Blacktown and trust that we are able to leave you with a much more positive experience.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed a week in May 2014. A brilliant new concept hotel that really delivers. It has a retro 50's / 60's vibe about it and the rooms are quite industrial styled. Very comfortable. I was there for business, but can imagine it would be a great place for leisure too. It's right next door to Wet n' Wild water park and a 50's style drive-in cinema, and just next to the motorway too. Hotel has a large lounge and dining area with bar, restaurant and free computers, wi-fi and printing. You can even get a perfect flat white at reception! Outside there is a pool and sun loungers just adjacent to the bar. Both breakfast and evening meals were excellent in the restaurant. Overall, I can't rate this place highly enough. Check it out!

Room Tip: Maybe get a room facing the drive-in for a big-screen movie!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark R
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Mark R,

What an ambassador you are for Atura Blacktown, both the brand and it's concept!

It seems that we hit the mark with all facets of the hotel, with particular attention to both our service and product.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

Our two kids loved it. The room was cool, the movie selection excellent and the common area exceptional. The kids played pool, they wished it was summer and they could go in the swimming pool. They loved the breakfast and have already said we must go back with the drive in movies and wet and wild close. So yeah thumbs up from all of us and the staff were social and friendly

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank J0NTaylor
Dear J0NTaylor,

It gives me great pleasure to read that the hotel had such a positive impact on both you and your family throughout your stay with us at Atura Blacktown.

A shame the weather wasn't kind enough for a swim in the pool, however this, along with the movies & Wet 'n' Wild seems the perfect excuse for a return visit!

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I initially reviewed this hotel in November last year following my second stay at this fine hotel. I subsequently have stayed on 3 or 4 occasions. I have this year spent over 60 nights in hotels and I find the Atura a great place to stay. In fact it is a breath of very fresh air. My first trip this year saw a slight hit h at checkout and I emailed the manager Joel who responded after making enquiries as to what were my problems. In fact we both agreed that maybe I had been a little impatient and perhaps a little testy. My subsequent 3 stays have been faultless. In fact I am inclined to rate them as fantastic. On two occasions I have flown in on Sunday evening and have arrived at close to 9.00pm. The guys there went out of their way to ensure I still had a comfortable, unhurried and hearty meal in the hotel's restaurant. Demi and Tim in the restaurant really go out of their way to look after their guests. I have seen others who have reviewed this hotel who agree with my comments. What really does amaze me are the small number of negative reviews. As a person who travels extensively and stays in numerous hotels in Eastern Australia, I am stunned at these negative. comments. I can honestly say the friendly staff, their attention, the quality of the meals and the accommodation are all first rate.

Room Tip: Really just sit back and enjoy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Tony B
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Tony B,

Always such a pleasure to have you return to Atura Blacktown!

Fantastic to note that as a loyal guest to the hotel, that we can always welcome you back with the same consistency and attentiveness, along with exceeding your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

The room it self is really cool and quirky. Loved how the room is made to feel bigger than what it actually is, due to the use of furniture, decor etc..

Ate at the Roadhouse Bar and Grill and the food was excellent. The customer service was spot on - the manager (I think his name was "Kieren) went above and beyond to make our dinner really enjoyable! I had the fish and chips and hubby had the beef burger - top quality food! After staying at the hotel and eating at the restaurant - we now sometimes stop off just to have dinner at the restaurant.

This is a great place to get away or have a nice meal without having to drive all the way to the city!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank z w
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear z w,

What a review, love it!

Thank you for your excellent comments surrounding your stay with us here at Atura Blacktown, from the quirkiness of the hotel room, to your wonderful experience in the Roadhouse Bar & Grill!

I will ensure to pass on your comments to Kieran on a job well done!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Joel Gordon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prospect
Travelodge Hotel Blacktown
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills
Grand Mercure The Hills Lodge

Been to Atura Blacktown? Share your experiences!