“Off to a great start”
Review of Atura Blacktown

Atura Blacktown
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Prospect
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We needed a hotel near my in-laws in Marayong, so chose this one. It's about 30 mins drive to the airport with no traffic, but took over an hour one weekday morning. The hotel opened last October apparently. It's a weird aesthetic, all 50's drive-in but with an industrial feel and odd victorian accents. We were there for 5 nights all together (3, then 2). The rooms were a nice size, the beds were super comfortable. We had two connecting rooms. The bathrooms are all about style, not function, there is no place to put any of your toiletries in the shower for example. The climate control in the rooms worked very well. They had an enormous open-top Cadillac (owned by the hotel) and their shuttle bus parked directly outside the front door the whole time, we found it quite annoying to have to double park and go in between the hotel vehicles to drop off and pick up bags. The restaurant was delicious but overpriced - $26 for a hamburger is too much. For the first 3 nights we had a breakfast-included rate, which was great, but the last 2 nights we got charged for the breakfasts which hurt, it's just very pricey. The wifi was great which is unusual in Australia - free, reliable, decent speed. They also have computers and a printer downstairs which was handy. There was only ever one person at the front desk which was sometimes a problem, I asked for an extra blanket and had to wait for 2 hours before I got one, successive calls to the front desk just elicited more snippy explanations about how she had lots of other things to do. I had to cry before she got me my blanket. (I was extremely exhausted from the flight from NY is my excuse!) Most of the people I saw on the front desk were actually very nice. There is plenty of room in the parking lot, it's right off the expressway, there's a drive-in and an enormous water park right next door, and a large Westfield mall a few minutes' drive away. The pool area looked really nice but it was too cold to swim.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear lizzieNYarea,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay here at Atura Blacktown.

The hotel is all about being a little different, a little unique with art-inspired and industrial style interior. To the everyday traveller, it is a little confronting, but we love it!

You will be pleased to know that the funky Atura Bus & Cadillac don't always reside on the driveway, however we may have just completed transfers that required transport.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next "down under".

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was the second time that we stayed at this fantastic place. My daughter and myself were on a city shopping trip, Ikea and Penrith Plaza and this was the perfect location to cover both places. I love the free parking, the super comfy bed, and the T2 in the room. I will always stay here from now on while visiting the west of Sydney. We had the buffet breakfast and overall it was quite good. There were heaps of people there which made it difficult to move around while selecting breakfast. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary, I was hoping for a good bircher muesli and it was. The rest was what you would expect. Only hick up was the milk in our room fridge was already opened and when I picked it up it spilt out, the girls soon quickly replaced it for me. Nothing is any trouble for the guest service people, they are very friendly and helpful!
I can't wait for the next trip there. Thanks guys. Really wish there was a freezer somewhere for my cold packs.

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool is nice.

Dear jenniferNSW,

Fantastic to have you back at Atura Blacktown and thank you for taking the time once again to post your thoughts on Trip Advisor.

It is often those smaller touches that have our guests coming back, whether that be the conversation initiated from the Front Desk staff, or the bircher muesli from the Roadhouse Bar & Grill, or even the T2 that we have displayed throughout the hotel.

I look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next travelling to Western Sydney.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

What a lovely modern hotel. We stayed here for only one night but wished that it was longer. The building is beautiful-open spaces and ultra modern. The free wi-fi is a great addition, more hotels need to be on board with this. Fantastically comfortable bed, I didn't want to get out of it!! Easy to find, lots of parking and very professional friendly staff. would love to come back again.

Dear Christine D,

Thank you for your review and mirroring our thoughts, as we love that we are a little unique and different from the rest of the pack!

We pride ourselves on not only excellent guest service, but also our fantastic value-adds, such as the free Wi-Fi and complimentary in-house movies.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed with my family in July for the night. Great fun, funky hotel and great location in western sydney for the drive in )next door), wetnwild and eastern creek. Kids loved the free computers in the lobby, free wifi, free in room movies. I loved the great atmosphere in the lobby/bar/restaurant area, comfortable beds and spacious rooms (for 4), lovely bathrooms, good food, great price. A really great place to stay and would stay again.

Room Tip: we got upgraded to a pool view room, which also looked over the drive-in. Very quite and could even...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear TanUps,

What an ambassador you are for our art-inspired, industrial style Atura Blacktown!

I enjoyed reading your review in addition to your personalised email this morning.

I appreciate the fact that you and the family enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, especially those value-adds, including the complimentary Wi-Fi and movies.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next travelling to the area.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Very modern and clean. One of the few places whereby I actually liked and used the provided toiletries.

Drive in next door is great.

My favourite part = the beds! They are heaven!! Only complaint is that I'm still waiting to buy one. When will they be made available to purchase, like the Rydges and QT beds?

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Lisa_Pol,

Welcome back to Atura Blacktown!

You're right, the beds are heavenly! You will be pleased to know that once the Atura brand is a little more established, through the addition of more properties, we endeavour to have this option available to the public.

As you have stated, we love our bathroom amenities too! The Malin & Goetz range is a welcomed treat at the hotel and is also found in Qantas Business Class.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel was such a welcomed surprise after a long day at a sporting event, the decor is awesome, so many great things to look at and great bar and restaurant.although we had to be up and leave early we would have loved to stay longer, we will definitely be back can't wait to go to drive in and wet and wild!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarlyandDan
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear CarlyandDan,

Loved the review for Atura Blacktown and a shame we couldn't scratch a little more to reach those 5 stars!

Nevertheless, glad we were able to leave such an impression on your stay, from the unique, art inspired decor, to the service and feel of the restaurant.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the Summer months!

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Whilst I was travelling on business this time, I needed somewhere relatively close to Sydney Motorsport Park.

This place looks as good as it does in the photos. The rooms, beds and style is spot on for a modern and very reasonably priced hotel.

The common areas look great and parking was no issue what so ever.

I will be coming back for both business and for a getaway in the future. Love this place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
JoelGordon_Atura, General Manager at Atura Blacktown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear ashman247,

Fantastic review and as you have stated, Atura Blacktown has the luxury of being able to cater for all occasions, whether that be work or play!

Glad you found that the hotel offered great value, but was also convenient for you conducting business here in Western Sydney.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Joel Gordon

Also consider these accommodations in or near Prospect
Travelodge Hotel Blacktown
#1 of 2 in Baulkham Hills
Holiday Inn Parramatta
Holiday Inn Parramatta
#6 of 12 in Parramatta

Been to Atura Blacktown? Share your experiences!