“Maybe the best hotel in town”
Review of Hotel El Rosario

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somoto
Hotel El Rosario
Ranked #1 of 6 Somoto B&B and Inns
Leon, Nicaragua
“Maybe the best hotel in town”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Hotel Rosario is maybe the best hotel in the town of Somoto. Very clean rooms, nice staff, good nica-breakfast with freshly made tortillas. As soon as you know the owner a little better he helps you out with oranizing tours, visits to rosquilleras, restaurants and so on. Reinel is a good tour guide for the Somoto Cañon and is a friend of the owner. The ladies at the breakfast are just great and they will get all you like for you. A really nice option for Somoto.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 6 March 2014

great price,rooms are very clean,quiet. not so fancy but comfortable enough for the very good price! i givet it A++ this hotel is near dowtonwn somoto, great location,also is the oldest around somoto.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Isla de Ometepe, Nicaragua
Reviewed 14 January 2014

We checked into one of El Rosario's upstairs rooms which had a little balcony outside to enjoy the view over some of the nearby mountains and the sleepy little town. The room was clean and internet worked excellent.
The staff was very friendly, helped us out with all our questions, organized a fantastic tour through the Somoto canyon and prepared a tasty traditional breakfast for us. They seemed to be very eager to make our stay as comfortable as possible.
This is a very recommendable little hotel and I will check-in there again when I am back in Somoto.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zkini
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Actually I stayed two times in the Hotel el Rosario.
On my first stay I spend one week there for professional reasons. Every morning I had a tipical nicaraguan breakfast with very delicious selfmade tortillas! I also used their kitchen for cooking my dinner. Doña Vera explained me very pleasant where to find everything. Generally they were very friendly and interested so that I enjoyed practicing my spanish skills with them.
Their excellent internet connection even allowed me to do videocalls. Sometimes it didn't work because of a poor european connection. I never though that it could be that way :)
My second stay I spent together with my parents for tourist reasons. I chose that hotel because I already knew their clean rooms with air conditioner, fans, private bathroom. The owner provided us advices in things to do because he really wanted that we enjoyed our time at Rosarios. So altogether el Rosario is a low priced option for getting a lot of service and passing a comfortable stay in Somoto!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We stayed two nights in El Rosario and ate twice a really good dinner. We were happy about the AC and used the fast WiFi access. The hotel offered really good services for a low price.

Irvine, the owner, is a nice and helpful guy and speaks perfect english.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank miluethi
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I had stayed at the El Rosario for about a week. A little rustic, but we are talking about Nicaragua!
Small restaurant serves breakfast and dinner. Rooms are acceptable for the price.
Irvine, the owner, goes out of his way to make sure his guests are enjoying their stay.
You can walk to everything in town, bus stop is about 5 blocks away.
Great WIFI, good food and the staff was very friendly.
I recommend, if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay.

Room Tip: He has rooms on a second floor addition - if you are a light sleeper, you might want to request thos...